IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

On 2/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, sixersfan105 said:

In case there are those who don't peruse the Marketplace section of AtariAge as often as here, I'm looking to sell my TI-99/4A Travel Case. Here are pictures from the post, for ease of reference. Selling the case only, not the TI accessories pictured. Pretty unique item!

Suitcase1.jpg

Suitcase2.jpg

Suitcase3.jpg

Suitcase4.jpg

I wound up putting this on eBay, along with some higher-resolution pictures. I had trouble figuring out value so I figured a seven-day auction with a $0.99 start price and no reserve would dictate its worth. If interested, feel free to scope it out further at https://www.ebay.com/itm/184203305187. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

I wound up putting this on eBay, along with some higher-resolution pictures. I had trouble figuring out value so I figured a seven-day auction with a $0.99 start price and no reserve would dictate its worth. If interested, feel free to scope it out further at https://www.ebay.com/itm/184203305187. Thanks!

And 87$ shipping.. which I didn't see at first :( 

3 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

And 87$ shipping.. which I didn't see at first :( 

Whaa? That's crazy. eBay determines the shipping, but that's crazy high. I inputted the box dimensions and weight (6 pounds). I know you're West Coast and I'm East Coast but that's very high (it's $20 shipping in and around the Philly area). I'll go ahead and cancel your bid and also look into if there's an errant "0" somewhere in the shipping details. Thanks for the heads up.

34 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Whaa? That's crazy. eBay determines the shipping, but that's crazy high. I inputted the box dimensions and weight (6 pounds). I know you're West Coast and I'm East Coast but that's very high (it's $20 shipping in and around the Philly area). I'll go ahead and cancel your bid and also look into if there's an errant "0" somewhere in the shipping details. Thanks for the heads up.

thank you!

3 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Thanks Greg.  I'll be putting several items up over the next week or so.  Likely to be included in this set of auctions are:

-Funware collection (already up)

-Mechatronics XBII+ with manual (already up)

Coming this week or next:

-MG GRAM Kracker (in original box, new)

-Super Sketch (in original box)

-Red Baron cartridge

-Miner 2049er cartridge

-Plato Interpreter cartridge

-Large lot of sealed PagePro software and add-ons

I also have many non-TI-related video game lots coming up including a rare boxed Sears Intellivision with 50+ games, and an Intellivoice module.  Also will be selling a gorgeous, boxed, complete Tandy 102 Portable with all the case candy.  This one's a gem.

Im not getting out of the vintage game/computer world, but I need to reset my priorities.  My loss is your gain.

• Like 5

Thanks man.  :)  Once I clear some things out and get set back up for success, I'm gonna get myself back into some coding.  

I have issues with accumulation... not just computer stuff, but many other things as well.  I need to de-clutter the world around me.  Then I will be able to enjoy my hobbies more.  :)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, firebottle said:

is cool, but i think it's kind of funny the description for Extended Basic-

"C) 1980 TI Extended Basic (RARE)"

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

is cool, but i think it's kind of funny the description for Extended Basic-

"C) 1980 TI Extended Basic (RARE)"

Maybe its v1.0 of the cartridge, then it would be RARE, there is two versions of TI Extended Basic, most of us have v1.1, there was few thousand v1.0 cartridges sold out there, before the rest got pulled from shelfs and replaced with v1.1

• Like 3

On 3/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, Gary from OPA said:

Maybe its v1.0 of the cartridge, then it would be RARE, there is two versions of TI Extended Basic, most of us have v1.1, there was few thousand v1.0 cartridges sold out there, before the rest got pulled from shelfs and replaced with v1.1

1.0 is rare?  I have a couple of those!  

5 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

1.0 is rare?  I have a couple of those!  

on most lists, its listed as 'uncommon'

https://ti.mysweetweb.com/index.php?title=Solid_State_Software_Command_Module

So not 'rare', or 'very rare' or 'extremely rare', but not 'common' either. -- so i guess on scale of 1 being 'never released' to 6 being 'tons of them', its a 5.

• Like 1

It is a bit hard to find for one reason--when the problems were discovered, TI stopped production to correct the issue and then the new ones were initially reserved as replacements for the bad cartridges. Most of the users with the bad ones replaced theirs, so the universe of remaining cartridges is a lot smaller than it would have been otherwise. Add one additional bit of information to the mix--the fact that there were only about 50 to 75 thousand TI users back then, there weren't a lot of surviving cartridges. I ordered my first Extended BASIC cartridge right before the problem became known--and my order was held up almost nine months because of my place in the line for cartridges (the order got held up by the production stop). It was worth it in the end though, so all was good.

11 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

on most lists, its listed as 'uncommon'

https://ti.mysweetweb.com/index.php?title=Solid_State_Software_Command_Module

So not 'rare', or 'very rare' or 'extremely rare', but not 'common' either. -- so i guess on scale of 1 being 'never released' to 6 being 'tons of them', its a 5.

Hi, whose homepage is this TI-99/4A-Pedia ?

Edited by Schmitzi

2 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

ah OK, thanks

so here is my actual list. what´s missing ? (I know, a lot)  :)

TI-99-DOKU-LINKS-v1.06a---2020.pdf 155.82 kB · 8 downloads

you more than welcome to add my O.P.A. website, it has few of our TI downloads on it, and some TI info, at somepoint I hope to add alot more to it: --> https://www.O-P-A.biz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1