IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

32 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

Hey guys, i think you should not miss this unique opportunity for a rare piece (not mine auction)

https://www.ebay.it/itm/VERY-RARE-TI-SETTE-ADAPTER-99ER-WARE-FOR-TI-99-4A/362913282202?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
image.png.7b25062c16bccd699a07263367398b1b.png

it also has free shipment included with BUY-IN-NOW, just one click and the item will be yours!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DavidC said:

It’s just a rebranded TI Extended BASIC.  No difference whatsoever.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, DavidC said:

I believe that is the same cartridge I just sold to him a couple months ago for about $40 that I got for $10

7 hours ago, Airshack said:

Love how the item description says "...made for club members..." yet makes no mention of the club? Dallas area too.

Rich Gilbertson and I are recreating this module with the UberGROM - so it won't be unique for long.  :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pheonix said:

Still begs the question... What is it?  If you are recreating it, maybe you know what it is?  Thank you :)

Yep, we know exactly what it is.  It's kind of a proto Mini Memory.  The manual is here - but the source code attached is likely for a later version of the module (it wouldn't fit in a 4K GROM.)

In essence, it's the following:  4K of GROM and 2K of GRAM all in the G3 address space.  The lower 4K of G3 is GROM (which is all the routines you can use in BASIC) and the upper 2K is GRAM (where you can load data into, and run GPL from).  It works on a stock console, but can also use the 32K memory expansion and the disk controller if present.

It has two functions:

a) Three menu items on the selection screen to run GPL or assembly from the 2K GRAM space (we haven't tried these yet).  The third is to run assembly from the >6000 Cart ROM space (which this cart doesn't have - but the UberGROM could; I plan on testing this soon.)

b) BASIC calls to manipulate memory, read/write VDP, CPU RAM, read and write sectors on disk, etc.  

We do know that a lot of the GPL CALL routines are broken.  Rich Gilbertson has been looking at repairing them so that they actually work.  

So, really, it's not near as useful as say - it might have been before the Mini Memory and Editor Assembler were released, which I think was what this module's purpose was for.  We're working on fixing it to where it will work in an UberGROM (with the first use of the UberGROM's GRAM space).  

I'm hoping whomever buys this can produce high resolution scans of the PCB and dumps of the ROM so we can compare it to the two that Ksarul has.  I'm considering bidding on it to simply preserve it and possibly reproduce the PCB.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pheonix said:

Not to drag the conversation too far off topic, but am sort of curious.... What is the limit (amount & location,) of RAM (GRAM, VRAM etc...) that can be placed in a cartridge?  I've often wondered....

To avoid dragging the eBay thread into that type of discussion, please go here:  

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One other useful tidbit: I'm pretty sure I still have a pair of the circuit cards used for this one as bare boards. It uses a standard TI EGROM circuit card. Pretty much any true prototype TI cartridge was built on variations of this circuit card before it was committed to silicon in the form of GROM chips.

• Like 1