IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

4 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

One other useful tidbit: I'm pretty sure I still have a pair of the circuit cards used for this one as bare boards. It uses a standard TI EGROM circuit card. Pretty much any true prototype TI cartridge was built on variations of this circuit card before it was committed to silicon in the form of GROM chips.

Which tells me that they also were able to do 8K with this instead of 4K/4K.  Unless they actually did 4K/4K =8K and "stacked" chips.  I don't see a cart ROM/RAM chip space on there, so not sure how they did that part...

If they did do 4K+4K to make a single GROM during prototype, then that just tells me they cheapened out in making GROMs 6K to save on some of the masking cost.  LOL

from the seller of BASIC SUPPORT cart:

"

I worked at Texas Instruments and the internal 99/4 club had these for sale to us. I don't remember any details about what capabilities they added offhand. There are people that have the code and they may have more information. I just bought it because it was not generally available and I always try and get things like that in case a need arises but it never has. Some of the people who know the most probably won't be too forthcoming at this point in time as the last thing they want is to encourage more competition.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Airshack said:

from the seller of BASIC SUPPORT cart:

I worked at Texas Instruments and the internal 99/4 club had these for sale to us. I don't remember any details about what capabilities they added offhand. There are people that have the code and they may have more information. I just bought it because it was not generally available and I always try and get things like that in case a need arises but it never has. Some of the people who know the most probably won't be too forthcoming at this point in time as the last thing they want is to encourage more competition.

... and this is why Rich and I are trying to get this same cart working on the UberGROM.  I strongly feel that the community should have access to this piece of TI history.  We have way too many 'collectors' out in the wild who buy these things to hold onto them, and never do anything useful with them for the community (sharing pictures, schematics, dumping the ROMs, etc.)  I know that some of the people who resemble that previous statement are reading this, and shame on you for hoarding and not sharing with the community.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just learned about TI's 16-bit wide EPROMs. Here's some on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TI-TMS27C210A-12JL-TMS27C210A-27C210-2MBIT-UV-EPROM-120NS-x-10PCS/164004199508?hash=item262f697c54:g:SHcAAMXQWx1RHQv8

I was going to use a pair of 27C010 (128Kx8) with every other byte wasted (identical images in each, A0 hard wired to 0 or 1). That gives 64Kx16 in the end.

But this 40-pin chip is just so cute, and it saves space. (1 40-pin ZIF socket vs 2 32-pin ZIF sockets.)

And it's in the TL866-II programmer's list.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, twoodland said:

Ha oh man...I also love when sellers really go the extra mile with detailed descriptions. Description: "..."

I just learned about TI's 16-bit wide EPROMs. Here's some on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TI-TMS27C210A-12JL-TMS27C210A-27C210-2MBIT-UV-EPROM-120NS-x-10PCS/164004199508?hash=item262f697c54:g:SHcAAMXQWx1RHQv8

I was going to use a pair of 27C010 (128Kx8) with every other byte wasted (identical images in each, A0 hard wired to 0 or 1). That gives 64Kx16 in the end.
But this 40-pin chip is just so cute, and it saves space. (1 40-pin ZIF socket vs 2 32-pin ZIF sockets.)

And it's in the TL866-II programmer's list.

We use these for the yellow cart board

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

they have an 8 bit mode.. and for the 1meg and 2meg carts .. here's a fun one but I used flash chips on this one 

Took 2 to hold the dragon's lair intro

Aha!

I learned just now that TI's 4800 8Kx2 ROM had a 4-bit mode. In case you had a 4-bit computer?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pheonix said:

I'd like to get it, but won't have the money for a while :(

I do not mind holding onto it if I know it is going to go somewhere.  I just cannot sit on stuff anymore which is just going to take up space.  Drop me a PM and we can talk.

• Like 2

Wow and I only sell these for 50 bucks or for around a hundred you can get a 1mb sams

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Spotted: Tombstone City with the hard to find "modern-style" manual variant! Along with some other (more common) manuals and games. Solid price. Not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4A-Texas-Instruments-Command-Module-Cartridge-Lot-invaders-Alpiner-Munch/324143912783?hash=item4b787b974f:g:yg8AAOSw0PpeoLCl

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Spotted: Tombstone City with the hard to find "modern-style" manual variant! Along with some other (more common) manuals and games. Solid price. Not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4A-Texas-Instruments-Command-Module-Cartridge-Lot-invaders-Alpiner-Munch/324143912783?hash=item4b787b974f:g:yg8AAOSw0PpeoLCl

Are you sure these manuals are so difficult to find I often remark them.

Jean Louis

29 minutes ago, humeur said:

Are you sure these manuals are so difficult to find I often remark them.

Jean Louis

Someone took my advice and snagged the lot. That was quick. Yes, they are difficult to find in this style, at least in North America. Not sure what you mean by you "often remark them."

20 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Someone took my advice and snagged the lot. That was quick. Yes, they are difficult to find in this style, at least in North America. Not sure what you mean by you "often remark them."

look this manual.

I did not put all those I had with this new presentation, some are more European side

Jean louis

20200424_170119.jpg

20200424_170155.jpg

20200424_170217.jpg

20200424_171550.jpg

• Like 1