IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, humeur said:

look this manual.

I did not put all those I had with this new presentation, some are more European side

Jean louis

20200424_170119.jpg

20200424_170155.jpg

20200424_170217.jpg

20200424_171550.jpg

I'm not seeing Tombstone City in that picture? I'm also not saying you don't have Tombstone City in the modern style, I'm simply saying it is uncommon to find. 

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

I really like that Car Wars graphic.

I, too, am a big fan of the Car Wars graphic on the modern style. Unfortunately, it was never released in the US market, as far as we can tell (outside of a graphic in a Triton manual, but that might very well have been in advertising, only). It DID see a split language release in Canada, as seen in the below picture. I like the cleaner look of the text on the European version, though, as seen in @humeur's picture above.

300px-Car_Wars_Manual.jpg

3 hours ago, humeur said:

look this manual.

I did not put all those I had with this new presentation, some are more European side

Jean louis

image.png.9df779b91b5ab350dedfb16149ef90c3.png

I will always love this game, just the way it is  (it was my second module!)  Lately, this cover has really fired my imagination. No promises.

image.png

A friend of mine, in Canada, has been trying to find this cover for ages. He collects car battling games in the pretty boxes. (Autoduel etc)

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

I'm not seeing Tombstone City in that picture? I'm also not saying you don't have Tombstone City in the modern style, I'm simply saying it is uncommon to find. 

I'm going to see in my storage, actually I don't have the US version, I have twice the European version, well I know what I have to do.

20200424_211344.jpg

20200424_211443.jpg

20200424_212735.jpg

• Like 2

A while back I scored a nice haul of TI hardware and software which included a PEB (which was the reason I purchased it). It turns out that almost all of the equipment was still in it's original packaging.  I am getting ready to set everything up, but really don't want to store the packaging. Does anyone here want it? I am in Denver, and am happy to give it away for free.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mglafond said:

A while back I scored a nice haul of TI hardware and software which included a PEB (which was the reason I purchased it). It turns out that almost all of the equipment was still in it's original packaging.  I am getting ready to set everything up, but really don't want to store the packaging. Does anyone here want it? I am in Denver, and am happy to give it away for free.

PM Sent.

8 hours ago, Ksarul said:

All of these Canadian manuals are really hard to find, Jean Louis. I have one for sure, but I don't think I have a duplicate. I will take a look for you though.

Jim Do not bother if I find so much better otherwise it does not matter, it is not essential but thank you.

Jean louis

20 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Car Wars and Hunt the Wumpus: two of the most awesome, visually impressive games for the TI-99. 

As long as you leave them in the package and don't actually play the game.

The Odyssey² was like that. Some of the coolest cover art while the reality was quite different

image.thumb.png.a9e0562c02ed4aeaaf6a3fb300465edb.pngimage.png.c29d46de9abd192e14b65bc04f03a100.pngimage.png.cd3535ad10c92007c2629e8c4aafde2a.pngimage.thumb.png.91dfb228682d0951cfcf38da6b53457f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 8_is_enuff said:

Attack of the Time Lord is a lot of fun!  (You should use an ! when describing O2 games).  ?

Odyssey2 has a ton of enjoyable titles and even a healthy Homebrew scene. Atari sued Phillips/Magnovox in order to halt the sale of the Odyssey2 Pacman-Killer titled KC Munchkin. The O2 take on Pacman was considered by many to be FAR SUPERIOR to Atari's embarrassing Pacman effort. 

In case you don't know:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.C._Munchkin!

4 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

I have an O2 in the closet and have not used it in years!  IIRC I only have three games for it, which might have something to do with the lack of use!

O2 was my first console. My dad thought the keyboard meant it would eventually be more of a computer. Once he figured out it wasn't, he got me a used TI, which saw a lot more use.

I'm finally near the top of the waiting list for the menu-driven multicart after ordering it after MGC last year. Once it's on the way, I get the O2 down from the attic to refurb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helocast said:

As much as is thread is a "hey, go check out this" on Ebay, I think I'll start adding a few

that I will be avoiding in the future as I run across them. YMMV

https://www.ebay.com/usr/icexpress

This is how 30 TMS9118NLs showed up today.

So much for antistatic packaging ...

P1030211.JPG

P1030212.JPG

Looking at these, you may have more than just static to worry about. Note the MW8646 and at a different spot 8946. The TI logo looks a lot better than usual for a fake though, so you might get lucky and have some working chips in there.

I have received memory chips packed that way before too--and once, the chips were even stuck into a styrofoam block that had so much static that it stuck to everything it touched--but most of the chips were still good, amazingly enough.

15 hours ago, Airshack said:

I have an extra Odyssey2 Multi-Cart available for trade. Will fix your problem.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll probably end up getting rid of the O2.  I would have gotten rid of it already, but for only $40.00 plus shipping it seems like a lot of hassle.