IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I believe there is a development kit out there that allows folks to write their own code to use it (I'm not sure who wrote the tools, Rob Patton?). So it is some hardware that can use some more love. . .

Mr Boone, I believe!

mbx.zip

I never tried to use it though...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I have had the same ebay searches for years to find ti99 related equipment, and they have always returned pretty well only ti99 equipment. Since yesterday my ebay saved search feed has been completely overwhelmed by ti calculators. I don't know if ebay changed the search algorithm or what, but it is annoying. They are all from different sellers, so it is not someone spamming the system. Anyone else notice a change to their search feeds recently?

Someone wanted a real printer port or RS-232 to go with their TIPI the other day.  Well, here is an opportunity to get a << CorComp Micro expansion system >>.

The asking price is a little high, but he does take offers.  You'll have to probably disable your TIPI's 32K, but this unit apparently comes WITHOUT a floppy drive controller, so that may give you some bargaining room, but since you have a TIPI, who needs the FDC right?

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Actually it would be cool if you could fit the TIPI and Rpi inside this case!  For the more adept at soldering, you could have one kick-a super system that looks cool too!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

for who can be interested, here the link of some of my stuff listed on ebay, lot of other stuff will be listed next days / weeks

https://www.ebay.it/sch/ti99iuc/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&fbclid=IwAR1BrKLkBqEW_YeItMiw3WrgpyV2fnQVEfQ_GS7NQd55Iqxtn3cHXMccTWg

102718553_2765670637052482_6786143401023101159_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=VSv6idEcJOwAX_N7Ezq&_nc_ht=scontent.ffco2-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=7adebe7851eb71d92d6971e41154c268&oe=5F050652

that Tachyon 32k memory expansion looks like the one I sold on ebay many,many years ago to someone in Europe (after I fried I original TI99). Since there weren't too many of those things made I wonder if that is the same one? 

• Like 1

Something interesting I discovered in a recent auction. A seller had a PEB on sale with four TI cards in it--but one didn't have a label or the wires at the ends for card removal. The card was the disk controller--and when I opened the case up this morning, my suspicion was confirmed: the mystery card was a TI DSDD controller card. I haven't tested it yet, but it definitely a nice find nonetheless. That's the second one of these to show up in a PEB auction since the beginning of the year, so they are still out there. . .if you know what to look for.

It turns out that the auction was doubly interesting. Turtles noticed that the speech synthesizer in the auction was one of the early ones with the speech module connector installed. . .so now I can tick one more item off of my list of missing things to look for. :)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Ksarul said:

the mystery card was a TI DSDD controller card. I haven't tested it yet, but it definitely a nice find nonetheless.

Would you be willing to take some good quality photos of the card?  I'm sure many of us would enjoy seeing one, even if we will never own one.  And of course, for true historical purposes, we all need to see one with our own eyes to confirm, what has become to many of us, nothing more than an Urban Legend about something in the wild.

10 hours ago, hloberg said:

that Tachyon 32k memory expansion looks like the one I sold on ebay many,many years ago to someone in Europe (after I fried I original TI99). Since there weren't too many of those things made I wonder if that is the same one? 

Hey, well it could be possible of course, i purchased from USA many of years ago indeed :) 

at least, you can see it better here now ;) i done pictures and scans in hires of the PCB 

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=233#.XuIdIkUzaUk

2 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

Hey, well it could be possible of course, i purchased from USA many of years ago indeed :) 

at least, you can see it better here now ;) i done pictures and scans in hires of the PCB 

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=233#.XuIdIkUzaUk

I would say then there is high probability that one was mine. :) small world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

I do think it looks kind of cool without the aluminum.  I'm curious just how a completely cleaned up, good condition system would look, in that state. 

I had an Idea a while back about 3D printing a chassis modification, it would go in between the top and bottom of the chassis and allow for more components to be contained within. It would only increase thickness by 1.5". your idea has revived my creativity on this.