IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I bought an FG99 from him through ebay last year, although I ended up ruining the manual that came with it by accidentally tipping over a water bottle that landed on it ?

I am very pleased with my purchase so just wanted to show my support for MacRorie.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, majestyx said:

I bought an FG99 from him through ebay last year, although I ended up ruining the manual that came with it by accidentally tipping over a water bottle that landed on it ?

I am very pleased with my purchase so just wanted to show my support for MacRorie.

Thanks!

I'll just leave this here: ;-)

https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Brewing-Academy-finalgrom99-manual-ONLY/p/193146311/category=24438345

• Like 3

I did one of those "spur of the moment" Ebay searches. This time for some Avery 4241 pin-feed, 3.5" disk labels. After not being able to find them for a couple of years, I found a vendor that had A BOX in stock and I was able to snag it for a few cents over $12. That will keep me going for quite some time with the hundred or so that I currently have to work with.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

I did one of those "spur of the moment" Ebay searches. This time for some Avery 4241 pin-feed, 3.5" disk labels. After not being able to find them for a couple of years, I found a vendor that had A BOX in stock and I was able to snag it for a few cents over $12. That will keep me going for quite some time with the hundred or so that I currently have to work with.

Finds like that with good adhesive are golden.  Nice!

I have a box of 3-1/2 X 15/16 that are really old and the adhesive has degraded enough to make them largely useless. I use them for EPROM labels and I guess I'm going to have to pitch the lot - about 2,000 of them. However, I have several boxes of good labels of various larger sizes that I can cut to size and use.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I went looking and found this company, which makes them for a reasonable price:

https://ganson-store.com/thermal-labels-cut-sheet-labels-pin-fed-labels/fanfold-labels-for-continuous-form-printers/

Happy memories of using my box of 500 labels for a decade.

I used to buy 24 boxes of 5000 at the Costco by the Portland Airport every few weeks.  Back before everybody and their brother had a computer and printer, it was like a licen$e to print money.  I was truly sad to see printers come down in price, because after only a couple of years most of that side-business dried up.  It was great while it lasted though!

On 7/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, atrax27407 said:

I have a box of 3-1/2 X 15/16 that are really old and the adhesive has degraded enough to make them largely useless. I use them for EPROM labels and I guess I'm going to have to pitch the lot - about 2,000 of them. However, I have several boxes of good labels of various larger sizes that I can cut to size and use.

Rather than pitching them, I think I would "soak" them in a vapor tank, filled with a nice smelling VoC, like say-- French Vanilla diffuser oil. (or some other fragrance.)

Basically, it's just a sealed tank with a wetted cloth with your fravorite concentrated diffuser fragrance, and then the box of labels just sitting in there chilling out with it for a week or two.  Diffusion equilibrium will cause the dried out adhesive to absorb the VoCs emitted by the wetted cloth, and become tacky again. They will also be nice smelling, if a bit strongly so.

Whatever carrier they use in that stuff is strong enough to gooify laser toner, so it should be good enough for adhesive labels.

A little out of my price range, but it's kind of neat the different applications you see TI-74's and CC-40's pop-up in....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dottie-II-Densitometer-TI-74-BasicalC-Calculator-Kodak-Contact-Light-Meter/274298392538?hash=item3fdd754fda:g:q0YAAOSwmVxeYpgS

Set of Items in Case

Dottie II Densitometer Beta Screen Corp, 

TI-74 BasicalC Calculator and Eprom Cartridge

Kodak Contact Light Meter 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Went to purchase a second speech synthesizer for my other TI, could not believe the price.

No way am paying $100+ for it.

Of coarse though, it was a NOS one, with box and manual.

All the other synthesizers I found were bundled with $120+ consoles.

I have 2 in stock at a more reasonable price

• Like 1