IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

One of the most interesting ridiculous eBay offerings: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-TEX-SETTE-ADAPTER-99ER-WARE-FOR-TI-99-4A/184386732580?hash=item2aee4e4224:g:m90AAOSwNTpfHiy2

$48.00 + $8.85 shipping.

This is a bargain compared to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-TI-SETTE-ADAPTER-99ER-WARE-FOR-TI-99-4A/362913282202?hash=item547f51389a:g:cF8AAOSwIWBeRKNy

$199  and shipping is free!

I don't want to insult the collectors.  Maybe the gold labels are real gold?

Back in the day, I used to assemble these using 35mm plastic film canasters and a few Radio Shack parts and give them away free to our user's group members that had problems with their cassette remotes not working properly. (Just a simple polarity reverse did the trick.)  I actually gave one to one of the Wallenda's who was performing at the Alabama Fair Grounds.  (He called me through the our user's group listing.  I delivered it to him in his trailer.)  True story.

I wish I had all I gave away back, I would be rich!

TI-SETTE.thumb.jpg.31229bb8f9fa476e508ea6cca0a359d3.jpg

DG

Edited by dgrissom
Typo's
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 1:09 PM, ti99iuc said:

The set of TIjDINGEN is coming to Texas -- it will be on display at future 99/4ATX events. When we can have in-person events again.

Klaus let me browse his issues at the last TI Faire.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this lot of 6 GPIB controller chips, TMS9914.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Texas-Instruments-collectible-microprocessors-lot-of-6-TMS9914ANL/202919510136

I'm not interested in using them, just maybe collecting one.

The seller has other chip lots, and they are mostly peripherals, not CPUs. The other TI chip that caught my eye turned

out to be a 74150, a 16-to-1 multiplexer. Its 8-bit little brother, the 74LS251, is found in P box cards, used to read out CRU bits one at a time.

• Like 2

I wanted to give ya'll a shot at this before I throw it into the marketplace.  This is a cassette tape library which holds 15 cassettes with a push-button to remove them.  This was my dad's tape holder which we started using to hold our program tapes when we got our TI.  I am not using tapes like I used to so this is no longer needed.  As it still works I am loathe to throw it out.

Pay shipping in USPS Medium Flat Rate, should be around $13.20.

I will clean it up a little before shipping :)

DSC00107.thumb.JPG.83204d06d81e9b2a68520b63930c10e7.JPGDSC00106.thumb.JPG.beaa30b1940217ec3eb8ab55dba0089e.JPG

DSC00109.thumb.JPG.8377d52f865abefb3bc168b59cbabacb.JPGDSC00110.thumb.JPG.5eaee49988cafe9c0698c511eb972dca.JPG

• Like 4

On 8/3/2020 at 1:09 PM, ti99iuc said:

The package of TIjDINGEN arrived today, full of water and soaking wet.

Amanda said: to be fair, it did cross the Atlantic Ocean.

Fortrunately, Ciro wrapped the magazines in bubble wrap! They were dry and unharmed.

Yay!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, retroclouds said:

Anyone seen this one before? Game cartridge 1984 - Cydex Software “King of the castle”

https://www.ebay.de/itm/133522179579

It's in GameBase, and shows up in plenty of catalogues.  Triton and Tenex and ads in various publications.  Cartridge, Cassette and Disk versions all listed.  For example,

image.thumb.png.6123b6869f28e7739385432c9d5d4372.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

It's in GameBase, and shows up in plenty of catalogues.  Triton and Tenex and ads in various publications.  Cartridge, Cassette and Disk versions all listed.  For example,

image.thumb.png.6123b6869f28e7739385432c9d5d4372.png

This was a great game when it arrived, though it is a lot like Tombstone City with interesting maps. 

I never knew the ad was such nonsense, but surprise, the Normans were descended from Vikings

so where is this castle exactly?

England (conquered by the the Norman Invasion) or Normandy? (conquered by Vikings who were known as Nor'men). And how did this king learn Ninja arts when a Norman king was lucky to have even read military strategy in Caesar's Gallic Wars? (ie read about  the prior Roman invasion of their Normandy... or England...) He must have got a scholarship from Charlemagne to go look for ninjas on the Silk Road, maybe even have come across Buddha or Zoroaster  on the way. Uh-huh.

Anyhow, fun times. 

The cartridge pictured was manufactured and sold by Navarone (I have one). Tenex sold a lot of them, along with the other game cartridges they released. Later, DataBioTics also released it (they had the rights to do so with Navarone titles after Navarone shut down), but released it under two names: King of the Castle, and Escape! The earliest (and rarest) cartridge release was by Exceltek.

• Like 1