IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

49 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have never before seen a computer with a switch to turn off the RF modulator.  Neat.

Me either. I hadn’t noticed that. You think it switches that RCA jack between composite and RF? If not, where would you get the video with it off? And where do you get the audio?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, acadiel said:

Wow.  I’d love to see internal pics.  Mine works, though.  ?

I asked - it has an 8K 2564 in it.  Just one.  This appears to be the same unit as my 32K one, but it doesn't have the "dead bug" circuitry that enables a 32K ROM.  It should work with the 24K ROM version, but would need the logic chip and mods to use 32K ROM.

The 8K ROM - it might be a diagnostic rom or just an incomplete ROM set.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

Seller got his price, too. Wonder if it's anyone here?

CB Wilson built and maintained the 990 99/4(A) simulator apparently, according to Hal Mishkoff. I've sent a message to the seller to see if they have any of the code for that or anything else and would consider allowing it to be archived. Anybody here got the /2 or gets the 4A hexbus, CC40+, protos, or anything else unarchived, please dump the ROMS/GROMS and make them available.

Another TI engineer gone who I'm sorry I never got to ask questions of...

jbdigriz

• Like 3

4 hours ago, acadiel said:

I asked - it has an 8K 2564 in it.  Just one.  This appears to be the same unit as my 32K one, but it doesn't have the "dead bug" circuitry that enables a 32K ROM.  It should work with the 24K ROM version, but would need the logic chip and mods to use 32K ROM.

Is that a HexBus disk drive being used to prop it up?

1 minute ago, FarmerPotato said:

D

Did I miss some auctions? What I see right now is the Wafertape drive and a cassette prototype (not sure what its for)

Nope, he’s gradually listing stuff.  I’ve been helping him understand what he has.  

The cassette he has pictured is a wafertape, or “stringy floppy”.  

I thought this was beautiful It's a ZIF socket made by TI in Japan in 1990.

587188971_TI44-pinPLCCx1.thumb.jpg.26f1a30c951b2fb3d9332cbf43717b9b.jpg

And here is the lot it belongs to:

960521256_TI44-pinPLCCx99.thumb.jpg.d0afd17832cb09698a5f9118902824f9.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-Lot-Texas-Instruments-TI-CPL044-003-44-Pin-PLCC-Burn-In-ZIF-IC-Socket-Japan/293028064576

And here is a drawing that shows it's TI, otherwise it might as well be Yamaichi

1744922065_TI44-pinPLCCdrawing.thumb.jpg.6fb53c02f2c4565d8c83cf37fafd6a35.jpg

It has the nice part number of CPL044-004A

I won't be bidding on it, since I only need one part!

3 minutes ago, acadiel said:

Nope, he’s gradually listing stuff.  I’ve been helping him understand what he has.  

The cassette he has pictured is a wafertape, or “stringy floppy”.  

Haha. Stringy floppy! I have seen one in use on a Sinclair.

No I mean the thing he describes as a TI-88 (calculator I assume), possibly hacked into a prototype cassette thing.

12 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

Haha. Stringy floppy! I have seen one in use on a Sinclair.

No I mean the thing he describes as a TI-88 (calculator I assume), possibly hacked into a prototype cassette thing.

That's the CA-800 interface for the TI-88 calculator:  http://www.datamath.org/Sci/Slanted/CA-800.htm

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acadiel said:

I wonder if he has any documentation, software, or source codes, not just for the Home Computer family, but for instance for  the 990 series. I understand you probably have to respect confidences here, so please also help him to understand the value of archiving to everyone.

Thanks,

jbdigriz

Edited by jbdigriz

1 hour ago, jbdigriz said:

I wonder if he has any documentation, software, or source codes, not just for the Home Computer family, but for instance for  the 990 series. I understand you probably have to respect confidences here, so please also help him to understand the value of archiving to everyone.

Thanks,

jbdigriz

I’m working on that :)

• Thanks 2

On 9/22/2020 at 2:34 AM, Mitkraft said:

Me either. I hadn’t noticed that. You think it switches that RCA jack between composite and RF? If not, where would you get the video with it off? And where do you get the audio?

That is the console power off switch.