IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

17 hours ago, fimbulvetr said:

micro-pinball, qmaze, topper, star trap, micro tennis, topper, rabbit trail and Mrs. Pacman, $200:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4a-Rare-Uncommon-Games-/224238634424?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Ah bummer. I would have liked a couple of those that were missing from my collection.

The same page on US ebay is here in case anyone was curious (be sure to scroll down a little).

4 hours ago, dhe said:

Same guy who is trying to sell a 99/4 engineering prototype for $2,500. . .after it failed to sell for $1,500.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2020 at 11:54 PM, eebuckeye said:

Great! Would be great for an overview video with features, etc...  This is such as niche though I expect no youtuber would be interested.

At TI99 Videos I have some videos (about MESS - Geneve9640 in emulation mode, in part how to start TIMODE)

Transfers via RS232 between Geneve 9640 and PC:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

That definitely looks like the one from Yahoo! Japan. Confirmed from my serial number archive.

Yeah, someone is trying to flip it or get their money back because they don’t want it.  Since it was just up there in the past month, I guess that they had to DHL it, which would have cost them $120 minimum for shipping.

Note, the shipping on this auction is from Japan, so it is still over there. This is more someone trying to make a serious profit on an item he bought (or failed to sell in Japan). The Yahoo! price is 15000 yen, as it is still in an ongoing auction there. That's less than $150, $225 if you add worst case shipping, which is way below his $499 ask on eBay. . .so the seller is definitely trying to make a seriously quick buck on something that isn't selling too fast in Japan.

• Sad 2

In trying to find a piece of equipment, for a hobby unrelated to the TI. I found unlike China, there are very many products that are produced in Japan, for Japan, and there is very little interest in expanding their market oversea's. In fact it's such a big challenge, there are at least three companies in Japan, that will be your personal buyer! They check if they can get what you want, they quote you a price, you send them money, they buy the product and ship it to you.  I'm currently giving https://zenmarket.jp/ a try.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dhe said:

In trying to find a piece of equipment, for a hobby unrelated to the TI. I found unlike China, there are very many products that are produced in Japan, for Japan, and there is very little interest in expanding their market oversea's. In fact it's such a big challenge, there are at least three companies in Japan, that will be your personal buyer! They check if they can get what you want, they quote you a price, you send them money, they buy the product and ship it to you.  I'm currently giving https://zenmarket.jp/ a try.

I use Buyee for things like this. They have been very reliable over the eight years or so that I've used their services.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2020 at 6:57 AM, dhe said:

This could be very dangerous. On Saturday night, I saw a working Yamaha CX5M, bid up to a couple hundred$. I can say "no", sure sure. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

This could be very dangerous. On Saturday night, I saw a working Yamaha CX5M, bid up to a couple hundred$. I can say "no", sure sure. 

It can definitely be dangerous, such services were pivotal in my quest to complete a collection of Tomy Pyuuta items (and are still really handy in my attempts to complete a collection of 99/4 items released in Japan). I have found a few items there (some literature and a monitor with Japanese text for the controls), but the hunt definitely continues.

• Like 2