IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...
Is the NanoPEB still being made? I haven't seen them listed for sale on ebay for awhile and would like to get one.
Thanks
I have been his biggest customer for a while but he just informed me he has decided to stop making the nano. I just sold the last 5 in my store..

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arcadeshopper said:

I have been his biggest customer for a while but he just informed me he has decided to stop making the nano. I just sold the last 5 in my store..

Well that's a Bummer! If anyone has one that they are not using and would like to sell, please hit me up. Thank You

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

It always sucks, when a product goes dry. Jaime came along at an ebb of new TI stuff - we where really blessed for the time he spent churning these out for us.

• Like 3

The CF7/nano is definitely one of the more widespread late-era addons for the TI. I counted up the feedback he had for sales about five years ago--and he'd sold well over 300 of them by then. Those numbers are quite a bit higher now, as he was selling at least 50 of them a year.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

If anyone has his contact information, I would be happy to contact him and license the design.  He could make some money and not have to make them, Nanos would still exist, win-win.

Just a thought.

-M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are problems with his design
- poor build quality - I have to test each one and send back the bad ones
- dsr incompatibly with original sw
- cf card required is getting scarce

Better to get a sidecar ram card that you already sell and then buy the tipi for hd/network and/or the sd card I'm working on to plug into the 44pin stack if you need floppy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

There are problems with his design
- poor build quality - I have to test each one and send back the bad ones
- dsr incompatibly with original sw
- cf card required is getting scarce

Better to get a sidecar ram card that you already sell and then buy the tipi for hd/network and/or the sd card I'm working on to plug into the 44pin stack if you need floppy

Fair enough.

• 3 weeks later...

There’s a guy who has a printer plotter for sale. I had to warn him to look inside and check for leaked NiCD batteries.... seems as though he doesn’t want to mess with it. I’d hate whoever buys a “new in box” plotter to have a leaked unit to deal with. Even my old one had minor spillage after I removed the ones in it 10 years ago.

• Like 5

I bought an olivetti model 10 to keep my model 100 company.

I asked the lady offering it on ebay, if she could put in a couple of batteries and show the screen - I got the same answer, sorry I don't have time and can't be bothered. I went ahead and purchased with the understanding I might have a unit for parts only or might need take serious repair. That was one of the few times, I've gotten lucky and unit actually was in good shape.

Electronics seems to be one of the few fields, where people, on a routine basis, can't be bothered to let you know if something works or not.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dhe said:

Electronics seems to be one of the few fields, where people, on a routine basis, can't be bothered to let you know if something works or not.

My rule is to assume “untested” means broken on eBay. On shopgoodwill “untested” simply means untested. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dhe said:

Looks like the cartridge is present, but the manual/cards aren't. It is definitely interesting. . .

• 1 month later...

There is a Samsung 910mp up for sale on ebay.  Looks to be a good price including shipping.

Samsung SyncMaster 910MP S LCDTV Monitor With Remote* | eBay

and for those that don't mind waiting for a 710mp from Poland:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193877156488?hash=item2d23faa288:g:O48AAOSw8KRgGmUp

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 3

Demand Meet!

There was a time, these were bringing in >$250.

image.thumb.png.c3abf61488ca1a5af8723a82f49a61e8.png

Supply Exhausted:

You don't very often see much corcomp, myarc, mechatronic cards - I can only guess, they have all been dumpstered, or are living in collections.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dhe said:

Supply Exhausted:

You don't very often see much corcomp, myarc, mechatronic cards - I can only guess, they have all been dumpstered, or are living in collections.

Yes, they are living in collections ;)

Mechatronic-Extended-Basic-RMS-99.thumb.JPG.f2875435cc9fe892f54a8df525f7cfd3.JPG

• Like 4