IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

Ebay's biggest seller of manual photocopies and disk copies with intentionally deceptive descriptions, right there.  Someone was always going to be that scumbag, one supposes. 

But Ebay lets you filter searches to specifically exclude certain sellers, so I never see those these days. 

• Like 2

I can't imagine there will be a large market for buying one (1) ROM on a CD. 

If the seller wanted to pay royalties to the defunct publisher or some now aged programmer, it'd probably be nearly impossible to do so.

To me this crime is equivalent to not paying taxes on the income you pay to the babysitter. Very small peanuts.

2 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Ebay's biggest seller of manual photocopies and disk copies with intentionally deceptive descriptions, right there.  Someone was always going to be that scumbag, one supposes. 

But Ebay lets you filter searches to specifically exclude certain sellers, so I never see those these days. 

Definitely.  Got some “MG game cassettes” from him “new” a couple years back.  Copies.  I disputed the transaction with eBay and got him to refund me. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Several folks have tried to sell one of these in the past--for similarly stupid prices. None of them sold. This guy may have just found the last one and considered it a comparable price, so that's what he used. No one will buy it, as it is maybe worth $5, including shipping. . .

• Like 3

Yeah.  I will not argue that these might not have been useful.  But some people just need to figure out that "rare" does not necessarily mean "valuable," but it might mean, "oh, I didn't think anyone still had one of those."

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Yeah, it's like everytime we see one we always say the same thing. ? One thing that doesn't change is bright people stay bright.

As I said before: I pride myself in consistency. :D  I guess I need to take as capture of this auction so I am not so shocked the next time one turns up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot, after saying,  I need,

"August 1980 byte"this lovely book  shows up at a Whooping$50 freaking bucks. I'll wait, but no thanks!  I heard it's selling around$125 on Amazon.

There is actually 3 of these books on eBay. 2 Same price and one for a Whooping $167. I'm sure$50 is a good deal, just not for me. :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265169020188?epid=2139536&hash=item3dbd4e251c%3Ag%3AYskAAOSw5PtgqTxE&LH_BIN=1

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, GDMike said:

"August 1980 byte"this lovely book  shows up at a Whooping$50 freaking bucks. I'll wait, but no thanks!  I heard it's selling around$125 on Amazon.

There is actually 3 of these books on eBay. 2 Same price and one for a Whooping $167. I'm sure$50 is a good deal, just not for me. :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265169020188?epid=2139536&hash=item3dbd4e251c%3Ag%3AYskAAOSw5PtgqTxE&LH_BIN=1

But that’s a good price…

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

pdf here (free!)

https://archive.org/details/R.G.LoeligerThreadedInterpretiveLanguagesTheirDesignAndImplementationByteBooks1981

• Like 1