IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

13 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yeah, I see some flaws in the design shown in the movie sequence, but it was originally used for computer reading not archiving as is our intention.  (I was told by a friend's uncle who worked in a government agency that the machine shown in the sequence was real.)

Lot of fiction more real than some versions of events ?

19 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

A boxed copy of the worst game ever made.  I think the only claim to fame for this game, "game of the year," was it being ported to just about everything with a CPU.

https://ebay.com/itm/363467988528

See, you've finally admitted that Zero Zap is not, in fact, the worst game ever made!  ?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

See, you've finally admitted that Zero Zap is not, in fact, the worst game ever made!  ?

I have never made such a claim.  That would be all the haters out there.

They see me playin',

They hatin'.

• Haha 2

well prices can change for collectors when talking bout new sealed games or used boxed ones.
I know the seller of the ones with triple digits but he has lot of the TI stuff over the real normal price, my surprise is to see that he selling them anyway.

2126237807_AnteaterbyRomox-CIBsealed(1982)-0a.thumb.jpg.50212130971f0307d9f7dde338d78375.jpg
590066079_Romox-TI994aSealedgamecart-PrincessandFrog-0a.thumb.png.a634db90c5d2a6cd92cd6835c36685fd.png

Of the romox carts, one of the rarer to find, is TYPO II. The range price for it is a bit higher for e boxed copy. but of course still not as the ones listed on ebay now.
1259246525_Romox-TypoII-0a.thumb.jpg.2700bbd81834c494172c730738488f16.jpg

1128332173_ROMOXTYPO2CARTRIDGEBOXforTI994A-0a.thumb.jpg.9479507096c26fec11770a9881865b44.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

Yes, Typo II is one of the rarer ones as a boxed copy.

The rarest one to find in a ROMOX box is Topper though. I've only seen that one sold once with a box (I bought it for $200 because of the box). The cartridge itself is a bit more common (I think I've seen a dozen or so of those sold over the years with the ROMOX label (not the much more common Navarone release)).

• Like 1

Good price on TI surplus chips. US dealer, premierchoicecomponents, promises parts come from authorized channels.

For instance, 74LS244N (PDIP-20). 55 pieces for 13.47. Works out to $0.33 after $5 shipping ($0.24 before)

New price at Digikey is $0.96 before shipping.

Octal buffer (used on all P-box cards)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274268122780?hash=item3fdba76e9c:g:JKQAAOSwGAheRwgG

I found SN74ALS32DR in their auctions, and other good deals. ALS32 were the suspicious chips I had got Electronics Goldmine. (They said I was the first to report anything wrong.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Good price on TI surplus chips. US dealer, premierchoicecomponents, promises parts come from authorized channels.

For instance, 74LS244N (PDIP-20). 55 pieces for 13.47. Works out to $0.33 after $5 shipping ($0.24 before)

New price at Digikey is $0.96 before shipping.

Octal buffer (used on all P-box cards)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274268122780?hash=item3fdba76e9c:g:JKQAAOSwGAheRwgG

I found SN74ALS32DR in their auctions, and other good deals. ALS32 were the suspicious chips I had got Electronics Goldmine. (They said I was the first to report anything wrong.)

I buy from premierchoice components all the time. Every order comes with a valid certificate of origin--and they verify by decapping at least one chip from a group they buy to compare the mask to an original in their reference library. They are sometimes the best deal out there too, although due to the validation process, some of their stuff ends up on the higher end of normal. They are definitely one of my go-to, first choice eBay sellers.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I buy from premierchoice components all the time. Every order comes with a valid certificate of origin--and they verify by decapping at least one chip from a group they buy to compare the mask to an original in their reference library. They are sometimes the best deal out there too, although due to the validation process, some of their stuff ends up on the higher end of normal. They are definitely one of my go-to, first choice eBay sellers.

Good recommendation then.

1 hour ago, barry.peterson said:

124807793908?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_Rare TI-99/4A Expansion System - CC 9900 MICRO-EXPANSION SYSTEM  https://www.ebay.com/itm/124807793908?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

US $483.10 ????

Yeah, I watched that for its last couple of hours.  It was sitting at a healthy $235 for a while, then jumped up in the last few seconds.  I would like something like that for its portability, but holy crap.

• Sad 1

If a Corcomp Micro Expansion Unit is worth $480 to someone.

I guess we will see what a Geneve with all the goodies is worth to someone.

I almost wrote to someone else, but who am I to judge, it might be purchased by the same person! ?

If I remember correctly, the original Myarc mouse was ONLY available if you purchased MyArt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234106868308?hash=item3681db5254:g:nR8AAOSwzGdhAAvP

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dhe said:

Nice auction.  From what little can be seen of the Geneve card, it looks like one of the cleaner ones.  The mouse has the 'original' sticker and there is even a box, something that is quite rare to see.  If the card is stock and has not been updated, it will have original regulators (most likely without any heat sink),  battery, capacitors, and 32K, so a bit of work may be needed to protect and enhance the investment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dhe said:

If a Corcomp Micro Expansion Unit is worth $480 to someone.

I almost wrote to someone else, but who am I to judge, it might be purchased by the same person! ?

If I remember correctly, the original Myarc mouse was ONLY available if you purchased MyArt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234106868308?hash=item3681db5254:g:nR8AAOSwzGdhAAvP

You are correct on the Myarc Mouse, @dhe. You could only get it with MyArt. Of course, Myarc was using Z-nix Turbomice (bus mice, not the serial ones) as their source, so it is possible to find one of them without the Myarc sticker. At some point, I had a hand-drawn diagram for an adapter cable to switch the serial Z-nix mouse to the bus mouse pinout, but I think that may have been destroyed by a flood while I was living in Turkey. . .

• Sad 1