IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, dhe said:

Interesting....

If you zoom in, it says - Screen 0 - 59(h).

Shiver me timbers, forth in single sided, I'm guess a guru can tell us the density.

image.thumb.png.a600e6d098a2cf54c303654433d1a9a2.png

Our Milwaukee User Group TI system had one of these drives.  My (bad) memory of this drive is of happily copying disks from the user group library only later to discover that I had been copying the blank disks over the library disks.  Not my best showing as a relatively new, young member.  Write protect tabs on library disks became a best practice that following month! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Our Milwaukee User Group TI system had one of these drives.  My (bad) memory of this drive is of happily copying disks from the user group library only later to discover that I had been copying the blank disks over the library disks.  Not my best showing as a relatively new, young member.  Write protect tabs on library disks became a best practice that following month! 

I think we all made that mistake at least once. . .

The drive is an MPI-51 Disk Chucker, so it is SSSD when connected to a TI controller, but it is capable of double-density. I used MPI drives for several years BITD--and always made sure I had a baffle set up in front of them to prevent accidental disk launch to the floor. The springs that pushed the disks out to make them easy to grab were really strong on both of my drives. One of them could launch a disk about two feet.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

This erroneous packaging is unintentionally brilliant. 

While the original yellow Atarisoft boxes have their unique charm, this certainly stands out as particularly attractive.  Some of the best inventions are accidental.

• Like 2

Just saw this image in an Ebay auction, and now I suddenly want to put my Atarisoft carts in new style donor cases:

s-l1600.jpg

This erroneous packaging is unintentionally brilliant. 

A local guy offered to sell me one like this as cib. I straightened him out

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Yep, the green verion of the Magnavox color monitors sold back then. The monochrome ones had pretty crisp pictures, as did the color ones when you selected the monochrome button. . .

Yeah, when using Zed (text editor with a 48? row interlaced mode) on the C128 I would often put my Magnavox into monochrome mode for crispness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Airshack said:

basically a z80 based computer that just accepts disk and video i/o from the trs80 model 100/200 series

2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

basically a z80 based computer that just accepts disk and video i/o from the trs80 model 100/200 series

Is that the way the cable is supposed to look?  I thought it was a simple ribbon?  But then  its been a long time.

That is one dirty unit!