IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I dunno, it sounds like this person is someone that is not a lot of fun in real life, anyway.  From his *one* negative feedback:

"The item sold and the item shipped was the exact item shown in the pictures of the ad. I even gave the buyer a price break before he purchased it. This is a case of BUYER'S REMORSE and nothing else. I don't see why buyer's remorse should have a negative stain on my selling record. I've been doing this 20 years, and this is my first negative comment. I offered different solutions to remedy the buyer's concerns, but have gotten nowhere. This is my business, not a hobby for me. Not cool."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Airshack said:

Tried to politely assist the seller with improving his ad. Suggested new photos with the cable inserted properly. Enjoy the response:

FD19C5BE-DFA7-46FA-91BE-072A473C7D9E.jpeg

Who knew?

He ignored mine ;)

To be clear to anyone checking in here, it doesn't work either way. ;)

As you can see on the side port pinout - http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/pinouts.htm#Side

Address and data lines are scattered on the top and bottom of the port, and would be scrambled. Power and control pins are flipped (worst case is putting -5v on the audio in line, but without an audio card in the PEB it might not break anything), and many of the major control lines are swapped with grounds, which would cause some cards to fail to map in. Even if it didn't break anything (and it might not!), it certainly wouldn't be able to communicate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dhe said:

image.thumb.png.cb03ce8bb4e835a4fa841c74ac8968a8.png

That one seems to have a seriously overinflated sense of the current value of almost all of his TI items. . .same price as shown here for quite a few of the seller's third-party cartridges--most without manuals. This one is missing the manual, the disks, and the 128K (or 256K or 512K) card with the 128K OS EPROM required to actually make the cartridge DO anything.

• Like 4

That one seems to have a seriously overinflated sense of the current value of almost all of his TI items. . .same price as shown here for quite a few of the seller's third-party cartridges--most without manuals. This one is missing the manual, the disks, and the 128K (or 256K or 512K) card with the 128K OS EPROM required to actually make the cartridge DO anything.
I made an offer and talked him down to $75 which is still high for untested and without the rest but not as bad as he started at..

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are looking at it as an original cartridge for the collection, $75 is high but not in the realm of horrible. If you're lucky, the board will be one of the Pilgrim's Pride 6000+ circuit cards (Myarc used these initially, after they bought up the remaining board stock from Pilgrim's Pride, while later boards were purpose-designed by Myarc). Then you can add an E/A GROM to the board and you'll have an 8K Supercart.

If you just wanted a board that could launch XB-II, you could just use one of my Supercart boards in a TI case and add a label (I have a sheet of the labels that I had made a while back).

If you are looking at it as an original cartridge for the collection, $75 is high but not in the realm of horrible. If you're lucky, the board will be one of the Pilgrim's Pride 6000+ circuit cards (Myarc used these initially, after they bought up the remaining board stock from Pilgrim's Pride, while later boards were purpose-designed by Myarc). Then you can add an E/A GROM to the board and you'll have an 8K Supercart.

If you just wanted a board that could launch XB-II, you could just use one of my Supercart boards in a TI case and add a label (I have a sheet of the labels that I had made a while back).
Yep I am already running from your board or my gk just want it for completeness

• 3 weeks later...
I have these in my store too

• Like 1