IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Actually all of the "answers" to the error message work at any prompt.

If you type in OLD CS1, and press R when it says "Rewind Cassette Tape" - it will say it again.  You can press C and it will "check" instead of "read" even when that doesn't make sense to do.  I'm not sure if it actually loads anything if you tell it to check though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Nah... I can almost buy an excellent Newtonian telescope for that price which is something I can and will use (https://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/Reflector-Telescopes/TableTop-Reflector-Telescopes/Orion-StarBlast-6i-IntelliScope-Reflector-Telescope/pc/1/c/11/sc/340/p/102026.uts?refineByCategoryId=340) . That computer is an expensive nostalgia trip with little practical value. That said, the word "practical" is a very loaded one given our current computing interests here ?

1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

Nah... I can almost buy an excellent Newtonian telescope for that price which is something I can and will use (https://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/Reflector-Telescopes/TableTop-Reflector-Telescopes/Orion-StarBlast-6i-IntelliScope-Reflector-Telescope/pc/1/c/11/sc/340/p/102026.uts?refineByCategoryId=340) . That computer is an expensive nostalgia trip with little practical value. That said, the word "practical" is a very loaded one given our current computing interests here ?

yeah, interesting. Of course my first thought was if I can watch next village´s ladies taking a bath or so... :)

So I found it on Amazon but there is missing a "T" in the display I think.... :grin:

grafik.thumb.png.ed3fe37a41ff36cd0dfc16d66951f45e.png

As a matter of fact it was Hot Product of 2010 in Sky & Telescope magazine, so very nearly 13 years old! An excellent buy if I may add for beginner and intermediate amateur astronomers. The 6" aperture opens up quite a few deep sky objects, the encoders allow you to locate faint objects easily, and it's eminently portable. I have a 4.5" similar scope from Meade but without the encoders, and it's my most used telescope because I can just pick it up and go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

yeah, interesting. Of course my first thought was if I can watch next village´s ladies taking a bath or so... :)

When I showed my Meade telescope to a colleague, he asked a similar thing. Really, every time I read such a sentence, it feels like a stab in the back.

There are so many beautiful things to see if you look up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mizapf said:

When I showed my Meade telescope to a colleague, he asked a similar thing. Really, every time I read such a sentence, it feels like a stab in the back.

There are so many beautiful things to see if you look up.

Did you get that with the missing "T" in the pic ?   :grin:

17 minutes ago, mizapf said:

One LX50 (original), and one LX200 (used). See https://www.mizapf.de/astro/technik

(The astronomy section is still German-only.)

Ah classic scopes. Some of the best I might add.

My son lives in Hannover, and I promised him I'll learn German (eventually). Maybe this is the year to do it! 

My largest scope in an 8" GoTo dobsonian (Orion XTg-8) but sadly the drives are starting to go after 12 years of use. Otherwise I favor small very portable scopes which I can quickly set up in the backyard on good nights (Meade ETX-70 and 80, Meade Mini Lightbridge 114 as well my trusty Celestron 15x70 binoculars). 

I like your travel pictures by the way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GDMike said:

P-code

I think you mean this: https://ebay.com/itm/133970225808

I shit you not... if this sells for that amount I am going to put my fist through a wall.  I sold a complete kit for around $180 because it would not sell for almost a month at $250.

• Thanks 1