IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Oh yes, and a picture of my formerly-feral house cat. She spent her first 18 months of life as a mostly wild animal that loosely associated with Turtles and I, and the last 18 months as an indoor cat that sometimes tolerates one or another of the remaining feral colony cats to come in the door, rub heads, and in one case, sleep in her favorite chair. They are all related, as all but one of the ten cats roaming about are descendants of her grandmother. All are spayed/neutered now, so I get the joy of caring for all of them without the risk of explosive overpopulation. . .welcome to the cat dimension, muaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

30 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

No kidding!  That is a pretty crazy collection to be selling off in a lot.

The shipping costs would be sky high with the weight of that lot. I'm missing the CC9900 micro expansion system out of that collection. 

3 hours ago, fabrice montupet said:

That is a most beautiful collection--and the contents of the PEB could be anything too. . .definitely worth it for anyone collecting in France, and even a good thing for the folks in Europe if the seller is willing to sell outside of France (the auction specifies France though, so that would require some discussion with the seller). Looks like one of the speech synthesizers has load interrupt and reset mods done to it too. . .

• Like 2

The seller and I talked each other at several time on the phone. He seems very friendly. He sent me numerous pictures of all the TI-99 items he found and wanted to sell.  I noticed that I already have all what he proposes. So, I prefered to let all the stuff to another people who don't have it and dream to have ?

• Like 7

On 12/29/2021 at 9:10 PM, fabrice montupet said:

On 12/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, pixelpedant said:

No kidding!  That is a pretty crazy collection to be selling off in a lot.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:21 AM, Ksarul said:

That is a most beautiful collection--and the contents of the PEB could be anything too. . .definitely worth it for anyone collecting in France, and even a good thing for the folks in Europe if the seller is willing to sell outside of France (the auction specifies France though, so that would require some discussion with the seller). Looks like one of the speech synthesizers has load interrupt and reset mods done to it too. . .

Here you go. I hope the link works.

(This is a .DE-link from  the german "view", so shipping will differ !)

https://www.ebay.de/sch/m.html?item=224779176173&_ssn=lyazo-18&_sop=1

https://ebay.com/itm/294704839195

1380045549_rockeyeroll.gif.2723cb269fd0b9823ce6d4527023ff4a.gifCurrent bid:

US $179.50

Crazy price aside, I noted this:

Just what you need to create that realistic 90's experience!!

While he could be joking, I notice that as time moves forward, people skew eras dramatically.  This, being a 70s and maybe 80s device, proclaimed a 90s experience; being told how there was no Internet until the 2000s; &c.  It is an interesting phenomenon.

• Haha 1

Sheesh. 38 bids and that acoustic coupler modem went for $200. I don’t get it. With prices like that I should sell mine, not like I’m ever going to use it. 

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same phenomenon. Makes me feel old. But then I think that for someone in their 20s tech from the 1970s and 80s is like tech from the 1930s and 40s is to me. 

I guess i am old. 

2 hours ago, fimbulvetr said:

Sheesh. 38 bids and that acoustic coupler modem went for $200. I don’t get it. With prices like that I should sell mine, not like I’m ever going to use it. 

He had another one listed which was close to the same bid price, so I suspect it went for just as crazy.  I have two of them and I plan to do a demonstration at some point in the future.  I have all the parts I need for the demo, at this point.

He also has a CMD FD-2000 and CMD HD-100, which are 1.44MB floppy and 100MB hard drive for the Commodore 64/128.  Assuming the HD-100 was never upgraded -- mine has a 1GB SD on a SCSI2SD.  They are listed as being part of the estate of the seller's brother, and from the description on the HD-100 I suspect he had to go into his brother's home and shut stuff down to catalog and sell.  Anyway, I hope whomever has to clean up after my dead ass makes good money like this on my stuff.

• Sad 1