IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-SyncMaster-910MP-19-LCD-TV-Monitor-Working-/234382035646?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Not my auction

This is the best lcd monitor for Geneve as it supports scart analog RGB and is 4:3 ratio

Also has composite svideo VGA and RF for your ti and other retro systems

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Museum Rare"  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165290145965?hash=item267c0f78ad:g:PmAAAOSwiw5h5xAP

(Facepalm)

You can get these via Buyee for much cheaper.... if you don't mind the Japanese version.

I do need to figure out a 120V PSU that has all three rails that will fit in the Pyuuta case, though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Looks like the salvaged this off a sunken ship.

Just now, retroclouds said:

I wonder if this poor little thing still manages to start. I don't think so.
If it were not for the shipping costs, I'd buy this for little money and clean her up.

You could do a YouTube video like one of these old equipment restoration channels.  There is a guy who restores rusted out old machinery and things like anvils and what-not.  You could become a hundredaire!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Considering that the TI card is probably not worth more than $50 or so, as it is a single-density controller, the Horizon is seriously overpriced. The physical version of the board is an early revision, but they are only of interest to someone trying to get a physical copy of each board type (and I can probably count the people trying to do that one one hand). Anyone looking for a Horizon now would probably lean towards one of the currently-available 8M Horizon 4000Bs for their PEB, as the price for the larger-capacity board is about the same as he wants for the lower-capacity board. He may still find a collector willing to pay his price, but I'm not too optimistic there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

The physical version of the board is an early revision, but they are only of interest to someone trying to get a physical copy of each board type (and I can probably count the people trying to do that one one hand).

And not a thumb pointing back to yourself, would it?  I do not recall seeing larger capacity Horizons for sale, at least not noteworthy in my memory. I have considered one of these before, but I have a Myarc 512k card which, other than its ridiculous conflicts, has worked well enough for me.

Glad I did not have money burning a hole in my pocket :D

26 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

And not a thumb pointing back to yourself, would it?  I do not recall seeing larger capacity Horizons for sale, at least not noteworthy in my memory. I have considered one of these before, but I have a Myarc 512k card which, other than its ridiculous conflicts, has worked well enough for me.

Glad I did not have money burning a hole in my pocket :D

I have plenty of bare 4000B boards in hand. I have some others that are assembled and ready for test, I just haven't had much in the way of hobby time since Thanksgiving. . .and most of the time I did have was devoted to trying to track a problem in a batch of SAMS boards that I am still trying to run to ground.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I have plenty of bare 4000B boards in hand. I have some others that are assembled and ready for test, I just haven't had much in the way of hobby time since Thanksgiving. . .and most of the time I did have was devoted to trying to track a problem in a batch of SAMS boards that I am still trying to run to ground.

IMHO the Horizon 4000B is the best PEB card you can get for the TI-99/4a. 

It is so much more than just a ramdisk. I have barely started discovering all the features it has to offer.

Also found the Horizon 4000B to be very stable. Thank you Jim for offering these to the community.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Considering that the TI card is probably not worth more than $50 or so, as it is a single-density controller, the Horizon is seriously overpriced. The physical version of the board is an early revision, but they are only of interest to someone trying to get a physical copy of each board type (and I can probably count the people trying to do that one one hand). Anyone looking for a Horizon now would probably lean towards one of the currently-available 8M Horizon 4000Bs for their PEB, as the price for the larger-capacity board is about the same as he wants for the lower-capacity board. He may still find a collector willing to pay his price, but I'm not too optimistic there.

This is very true. The older Horizons are nice and work well enough, but if you want a ramdisk that provides optimal functionality and stability, go with the 4000B when possible.  You'll get the best capacity and all of the known stability fixes. Not to mention, there is active support for both the hardware and the software.  :)

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Shoot...$75 to start and with each passing dollar you can see the LED flickering when in use. I'd love to have it but not that price.

I just searched my stuff and found I paid $80 for mine in 2017 from a fellow AA 99er.  On eBay I have seen these go anywhere from $100 to $200.  It is a nice piece of kit, but even with my sometimes-skewed sense of value I would not want to pay more than $100, and that would have to include the Speech Synthesizer.

• Like 1