IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

16 hours ago, GDMike said:

All I can say is that I'm happy my nostalgia fix is NOT the Apple Lisa!! $1500 for a box of "fileware" floppies is a little rich for my snack bracket. (over $2000 CAD with GSP brokerage and shipping.

Zach is nothing if not bold in his pricing. I asked his to combine shipping once for a few Moonbeam cassettes he was selling for just under $200 ea. He said no.

Found them here in the buy and sell forum for $20 a piece. Seller was happy to combine shipping when I bought all of them...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andrewmacattack said:

Looking for sealed mint MOONSWEEPER and MASH, pm with prices please.

Unfortunately, I don't play well with shrinkwrap on game boxes.

If I own a cartridge, I want to insert it into a cartridge port (discs in a drive, tapes in a deck) at least once and let it come to life. Also have to put the manual in a sleeve to stop page rot. As a result, I have taken an exact-o knife to any cellophane packages.

I excel at collecting, but suck at being a collector. Boxes are for unboxing.

(otherwise how would I mail-in my 40-year-old warranty cards ???)

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Cory said:

According to eBay, who needs crypto!! 

Looking at the number of packages in those two boxes tells me one thing: none of these packages is rare--and their sheer number probably exceeds the number of current collectors looking for them by a wide margin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Looking at the number of packages in those two boxes tells me one thing: none of these packages is rare--and their sheer number probably exceeds the number of current collectors looking for them by a wide margin.

Exactly! 

• Like 2

C2ADE352-92AB-4B3F-84C4-E2F255485A56.thumb.jpeg.c2356c61b886a09824add5df71b79271.jpeg

^ This is one of those great "ahhhhh" moments. Akin to the South American Atari warehouse finds over the past two+ decades. For those of us with little or no local retail support BITD, but received the Triton, etc. catalogs... always wondered just whatever happened to most of these things and the surplus? Great to see NOS goods surface today, but...  ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, save2600 said:

^ This is one of those great "ahhhhh" moments. Akin to the South American Atari warehouse finds over the past two+ decades. For those of us with little or no local retail support BITD, but received the Triton, etc. catalogs... always wondered just whatever happened to most of these things and the surplus? Great to see NOS goods surface today, but...  ?

This was actually part of the huge hoard of TI stuff that came out of a Dhein's Tru-Value Hardware store about six or seven years ago. That store was a major retailer BITD. The owner retired and just locked the door one day, leaving it that way for well over 20 years. Several folks went together and bought out the entire place. Prices were reasonable at the beginning, but they slowly started climbing to the current, unsustainable levels. The seller is actually a regular on a couple of the Facebook groups (and easy to get along with). He also shows up here on AtariAge once in a while.

Speaking of South American warehouse finds, I'm actually wondering when a huge hoard of TI stuff is going to show up in a warehouse in Argentina. . .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ksarul said:

This was actually part of the huge hoard of TI stuff that came out of a Dhein's Tru-Value Hardware store about six or seven years ago. That store was a major retailer BITD. The owner retired and just locked the door one day, leaving it that way for well over 20 years. Several folks went together and bought out the entire place. Prices were reasonable at the beginning, but they slowly started climbing to the current, unsustainable levels...

Oh yeah. Absolutely amazing, but when it comes to this (the AI games) particular stash/hoard... this is "new", isn't it? Have to admit... fleeting awareness anymore I guess. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Speaking of South American warehouse finds, I'm actually wondering when a huge hoard of TI stuff is going to show up in a warehouse in Argentina. . .

Would be nice to see, save for a manipulated market that sees the stuff trickling out at a kings ransom.  

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

Never seen this joystick adapter before.  Nifty:

Image 1 - Champ Adapter Atari 2600 Compatible Joystick to TI-99/4A Computer New Old Stock

Buddy of mine had one of those.  He hated it, saying it was too easy to knock loose.  I had one of the bulky splitters (still have it) which really was not much better.

• Like 1

Yeah, seems like a pretty annoying design, sticking out as far as it would. 

Because I am eternally at war with the TI-99's habit of consuming horizontal desk space as wantonly as possible and by any means, for my own purpose I hacked together this little adapter, as the minimum-horizontal-space-consumption solution for such scenarios:

image.png.4706f94d93b324ce623e50a35635eb4a.png

• Like 4

On 6/7/2022 at 10:56 PM, pixelpedant said:

Never seen this joystick adapter before.  Nifty:

Image 1 - Champ Adapter Atari 2600 Compatible Joystick to TI-99/4A Computer New Old Stock

Oh wow, just caught this... that's the adapter I had with my TI BITD! Obnoxiously long, but I probably propped it up with a deck of cards or something. Was never a problem really. Wasn't even aware there was a 2-player adapter (and didn't have TI's own sticks then) until I saw the Wico splitter some time later. When you're young, you just learn to deal and accept. Especially on a budget. ha   

Went years and years with this very adapter. When my friends came over and we'd play something like Blasto!, we'd alternate who got to use the joystick vs. the keyboard. Loved the flexibility that way ... and such great times!  ? 

• Like 4

https://www.ebay.de/itm/255574879153?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=5y1xMoiNQfW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=EJfVC6FkS6K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Is the device on top of the cartridge box shown in the pictures anything TI-99/4a related?

(see pictures 5 and 6)

Edited by retroclouds

16 minutes ago, retroclouds said:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/255574879153?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=5y1xMoiNQfW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=EJfVC6FkS6K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Is the device on top of the cartridge box shown in the pictures anything TI-99/4a related?

(see pictures 5 and 6)

Looks like a TI thermal printer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Is there anyone that is using this SCSI to IDE bridge with their SCSI card?  I have one, with an IDE CF reader and 5.25 faceplate, that I am no longer using. PM me if interested.

An interested party has asked for the item; it is no longer available. 

AEC-7720U (acard.com)

image.png.75382695d6cd127bf026d0ebcd4978bb.png

I have some of these in my store

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I have some of these in my store

Some of the ACard models cost a mint these days.  I was importing ACard SCSI-to-SATA adapters for about a year or so when they suddenly dropped off the face of the earth.  I am not sure why the website is still up, but the company phone number no longer works, emails are rejected, and several employees left scathing reviews on job sites around the same time.

I was re-selling 68-pin-to-SATA adapters to Texas Instruments at the time, and my contact there told me he found viable alternatives after ACard bit the dust.  I have not tested them, but would like to as these ACards work great on all my retro equipment (e.g. Mac and Amiga,) but they cause Solaris to kernel panic with SSDs.

The SCSI-to-IDE adapters have been solid for TI, Commodore, and Amiga use, as well, but there appear to be metric shittonnes of those in the market.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Some of the ACard models cost a mint these days.  I was importing ACard SCSI-to-SATA adapters for about a year or so when they suddenly dropped off the face of the earth.  I am not sure why the website is still up, but the company phone number no longer works, emails are rejected, and several employees left scathing reviews on job sites around the same time.

I was re-selling 68-pin-to-SATA adapters to Texas Instruments at the time, and my contact there told me he found viable alternatives after ACard bit the dust.  I have not tested them, but would like to as these ACards work great on all my retro equipment (e.g. Mac and Amiga,) but they cause Solaris to kernel panic with SSDs.

The SCSI-to-IDE adapters have been solid for TI, Commodore, and Amiga use, as well, but there appear to be metric shittonnes of those in the market.

I've got a couple in a drawer somewhere too.