IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

That label shows it as aligned to be a 35-track drive (TRS-80 standard). Most of their drives were 40-track drives but only used 35--but some early ones really were 35-track drives. Interestingly enough, using the Disk Manager cartridge, you can select 35 tracks as an option, and it works. I used an old TRS-80 35-track drive for a couple of years early on. It worked great. I replaced it with a pair of QUME drives later on and kept them in its case since their power draw was too high for the PEB.

• Like 2

That label shows it as aligned to be a 35-track drive (TRS-80 standard). Most of their drives were 40-track drives but only used 35--but some early ones really were 35-track drives. Interestingly enough, using the Disk Manager cartridge, you can select 35 tracks as an option, and it works. I used an old TRS-80 35-track drive for a couple of years early on. It worked great. I replaced it with a pair of QUME drives later on and kept them in its case since their power draw was too high for the PEB.

Interesting! I learned a cool tidbit today. :)

"Smart Programming Guide for Sprites" for anyone who wants the real thing

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1129420564111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=112942056411&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

MAYBE a little pricey, but how common is this in print?

Hah, look who the reviewer is on Amazon..

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Programming-Guide-Sprites-Miller/dp/0931831008

February 2, 2006

Format: Paperback
  • Like 3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-32K-Sidecar-Memory-Expansion-Card-without-Case-NEW/282925892398?hash=item41dfb2832e:g:qiMAAOSwH8ta0ynk

these are shorty ones, without the extension pins between the card edge connector and the pcb, and the manufacturer has zero protection from shorting against the case of your TI/speechsynth.. buyers beware

The shorty ones i was selling all had padded protection on the back side to prevent shorts

I emailed the seller and he assures me the extensions are included.. i just couldn't tell from the photos (looks REAL close) ymmv

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-32K-Sidecar-Memory-Expansion-Card-without-Case-NEW/282925892398?hash=item41dfb2832e:g:qiMAAOSwH8ta0ynk

these are shorty ones, without the extension pins between the card edge connector and the pcb, and the manufacturer has zero protection from shorting against the case of your TI/speechsynth.. buyers beware

The shorty ones i was selling all had padded protection on the back side to prevent shorts

I emailed the seller and he assures me the extensions are included.. i just couldn't tell from the photos (looks REAL close) ymmv

Turns out they are not short ones. According to the seller what he is selling is the standard

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i saw this too, he is selling them cheap... my experience with the Make Offer, is usually they want 1 or 2 dollars less than the buy it now.

Yeah, but it never hurts to ask! He can always come back with a counter-offer.

The fact that he put the button up means he's willing to consider...

As you guys know, one of our AtariAge users is making and selling a neat 3D printed case for the 32K sidecar on Ebay. I plan to post a new blog entry by the end of this weekend with information about some of his future projects (including TIPI stuff), but I'm already done with the video for the blog entry, so I figured why not share a peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSdp8-6P1I&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

Someone is selling a photocopy of a manual??

I seem to completely lack a sense for making money.

Looks like we'll need a DECENT color copy of that in PDF format! If/when it happens, I'll add it to << THE LIST >>. ;)

-- EDIT --

I just realized I HAVE that in my Editor/Assembler binder.... give me a few minutes...

Edited by --- Ω ---
  • Like 3