IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I'm pretty sure it was unopened. This is a copy of some text he sent me:

I don’t have any Geneve stuff. I have a mpes/50 system mini peripheral expansion, 512k ram expansion for ti, actually have 5 of them.....256k memory expansion for ti, 32 memory expansion for ti. I do have a the original sales promo sheets for the geneve computer you are looking for.

I inquired about a Geneve, but he did not have any more of those as they had been previously sold.

Beery

I volunteer. Seriously, I did inventory Joy Electronics for Mr. deCordova way back when. Helped him adjust some of his pricing too before he sold it all to Mike D.

I placed several orders with Joy Electronics, I miss my talks with Mr. deCordova. My neighbor Joy saw these and said she was Jealous they were using her name:

post-64523-0-13561000-1550790572_thumb.jpg

P.S. It's good to be loved! :D

• Like 2

Myarc wrote Extended Basic 2 with a host of new features over TI Extended Basic. It was written in assembly and was faster than Grom. For years, I ran a BBS from Myarc XBII back in the mid to late 80's in XBII (V2.10) and it was VERY VERY Fast.

I think the minimum Myarc memory card required was a 128K card to use Extended Basic 2. With extended basic 2, you had an 8K ram cartridge at >6000 the DSR on the card at powerup of the system would load a rom header allowing you to select XBII. I believe the files were like 7 files 8K in length for loading. There was something like 56K'ish as I recall for programming if memory serves me correctly.

What I do not know was how that memory was paged around or what address space it could occupy. I do have a copy of the manual, as well as I am pretty sure the CYC has a copy of the manual. I checked on Whtech under the Manuals>Hardware>Myarc and there is a reference to a website that had the information, however the link is not good.

I want to say how to access the memory was never documented by Myarc however there may be references someone has done on either decoding or disassembling the DSR for the card. I'm fairly sure the DSR has been disassembled to some level of detail, but I do not recall where I have seen that information posted. Myself, I will soon be disassembling a portion of the DSR that supports XBII to setup a FinalGrom cartridge XBII cartridge that has the loader installed from the powerup routine. That way, I do not need to swap module cartridges around. For the most part, I think it is just finding the piece of code in the powerup that does a block copy of an address range in the DSR to the RAM starting at >6000. I do not think it is much more than a few hundred bytes.

Just to note..... This is not going to allow non-Myarc 512K card users to run XBII. It will only allow a FinalGrom user with the Myarc 512K card to have a "module" they can use without doing a cartridge swap. I am pretty sure this is possible as I think I did something very similar in the 80's, however, I can not find that file. I will probably try to have both XBII and E/A as the "module". I hope that makes sense.

If someone knows where details are for paging on the Myarc 512K card, please leave a post on where that information may be found.

Beery

• Like 5

If someone knows where details are for paging on the Myarc 512K card, please leave a post on where that information may be found.

Beery

Myarc128/512K CRU paging information is in the first section.

This hardware compendium might be a valuable reference doc to add to one of the pinned posts. :)

ti hardware compendium myarc info.txt

• Like 5

I found the manual and the disk, but there also appears to be a cartridge that I can't find anywhere? I would like to try it in MAME.

Its not a cart however it needs ram at 6000 the xb2 cart is just a ram cart. The xbii dsr rom in the memory card loads a loader there. I used my gram kracker with the write protect off. So you could do the same in mame.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Its not a cart however it needs ram at 6000 the xb2 cart is just a ram cart. The xbii dsr rom in the memory card loads a loader there. I used my gram kracker with the write protect off. So you could do the same in mame.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks, got it working with a Supercart. It's a very nice BASIC, and fast. The SIZE command shows 24K available for each string, variable and program, so 72K in total.

• Like 1