IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The gray keyboards are pretty much of a crapshoot now anyway--you are often much better off with one of the really old black ones with the sticky keys (just open them up and carefully clean the contact fingers and they work good as new). The gray ones have membrane contacts that crack and wear out much more quickly than the metal fingers do. . .

I always keep some cotton swabs and a vial of denatured alcohol handy for sticky keys (the ones that either fail to strike or that strike multiple times with a single keypress).

Yeah, those ARE a crapshoot, no doubt. The funny thing is, I recently picked up a silver console, in fantastic condition, with all the original stuff from the box and it came with four cartridges and a Home Computer Magazine... all for less than what this guy wants for a single keyboard.

(as documented in an article I read on the subject many years ago--someone saw the dumpster full of modules/books but was unable to rescue anything before the trash truck came and mangled them beyond repair in its crusher)

This bit sucks a big one.

• Like 1

Yeah, those ARE a crapshoot, no doubt. The funny thing is, I recently picked up a silver console, in fantastic condition, with all the original stuff from the box and it came with four cartridges and a Home Computer Magazine... all for less than what this guy wants for a single keyboard.

BTW, if anyone needs a keyboard let me know. A couple-few years ago someone sent me what was to be a couple of keyboards (the memory fades as to who it was, but it was greatly appreciated) and turned out to be about a half-metric shyte tonne of keyboards. Needless to say I have a few spares that I would be willing to give up for shipping cost if anyone was in need.

• Like 1

BTW, if anyone needs a keyboard let me know. A couple-few years ago someone sent me what was to be a couple of keyboards (the memory fades as to who it was, but it was greatly appreciated) and turned out to be about a half-metric shyte tonne of keyboards. Needless to say I have a few spares that I would be willing to give up for shipping cost if anyone was in need.

GAWD! I'd LOVE to see a photo of a "half-metric shyte tonne of keyboards!

I sent you a PM.

A HEADS UP... for anyone that may be interested...

Those of you that have been around awhile, know MDUDE has had some really cool TI stuff, and more than his fair share of NOS equipment. Well, according to his auction << HERE >> it says this is his last Editor/Assembler package. So if you ever wanted the documentation or just an editor assembler to make a SUPER CART, you might want check this one out.

$T2eC16Z,!yME9s5qHtKiBRzbk1o68!~~60_57.J

There's currently an auction for a Q-Bert cartridge, which obviously is not a TI-99/4A cartridge.

I've contacted the seller and informed him about it. We'll see how it goes.

Or am I missing something and it is a TI-99/4A cartridge?

Mine looks like this: http://www.videogamehouse.net/QBertC.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261366234813

There's currently an auction for a Q-Bert cartridge, which obviously is not a TI-99/4A cartridge.

I've contacted the seller and informed him about it. We'll see how it goes.

Or am I missing something and it is a TI-99/4A cartridge?

Mine looks like this: http://www.videogamehouse.net/QBertC.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261366234813

...looks like an Odyssey 2/Vidpac cartridge and tray, with a TI box. Strange!

I was interested, I clicked the link, I saw the message "seller does not ship to the UK", I said "oh dear that is a terrible shame"-or words to that effect.

maybe you should contact the seller: Ernie, i think it will not have problems to ship to you...

Edited by ti99userclub

Is a 99/4 really worth $400? eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1512077752941?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=151207775294&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] I know it is worth what someone will pay for it, but would anyone?

I don't actually think that is too bad-but I am speaking from the UK perspective where the original TI99/4 sold about three units. Compare it to UK computers that sell for even greater amounts that are technologically inferior, eg-a black and white/no sound Sinclair ZX80 in good condition would go for anywhere between $300 and $500 and a Jupiter Ace would go for even more.

Since that 99/4 isn't even tested, I wouldn't go for it. "Excellent Condition" can't just apply to the outer appearance because if it didn't work, it's in bad condition.

I have never looked closely at a 99/4 before. Next to the A key, there's a button called SPACE. That's like an extra spacebar? If so, that was a useless part of the design.