IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Are you talking about one running thread in the marketplace with just TI stuff? I think thats a bad idea. How would you keep up, bump your stuff, etc. Seems much easier to just watch the marketplace for TI stuff. We already often post the TI stuff in that forum. One giant thread could get unruly.

Atariage is a big site and a treasure trove for vintage system enthusiasts of all stripes, and we should take full advantage of everything this site has to offer.

For some reason we (TI-users) seriously underuse the existing Marketplace (it sure is put to good and regular use by every other system represented on this site). Not only does using the main Marketplace thread open us all up to other possibilities (I so want a Vectrex now!!), it is also a golden opportunity to make other system users aware of the 4A.

What advantages would having our own secluded buy&sell thread provide.? (every visit, after I've browsed the Ti general interest and development threads, I nearly always take a quick look at what's new in Marketplace. I can't believe I'm the only one that does so.)

I personally find one long run-on selling thread to be a pain in the butt on forums that work that way. Having a separate thread for each sale with an appropriate title is much easier to browse. It's not as if the marketplace is such high traffic that things disappear of the first page or two very quickly.

• Like 1

So maybe the Marketplace itself needs a revamp to break it up by individual systems in addition to the default "Wanted", "ebay" and "Feedback" subgroups it currently contains. I agree that it is so busy that the threads scroll out of sight quickly, and while tag-searches should negate the need for sub-forums, too few people use tags as they should,

Then all we would need is a link to the Marketplace thread in the root of each system group (because Greg is absolutely correct that it isn't obvious from the TI forums (or any other forum for that matter)), so unless you explore the AtariAge site when you visit, you'll likely miss it.

I really would like (and this is just my own preference - I'd happily take a TI Marketplace if that's what everyone prefers) a single place on AtariAge to Buy and Sell, so that every system, including the 4A gets a spotlight for other vinatge enthusiasts that may have otherwise never considered some of the available alternatives (as I said, I has never even considered a Vectrex, but after seeing some of theVectrex stuff being traded in the Marketplace, I am now simply awaiting a good price for a decent unit. Quite a switch from the MegaSTe I went to the Marketplace to look for!

I bet the same would happen the first time some Atari, Apple or C64 fan saw a 4A with 32K and a FR/FG99 loaded with some of our homebrews posted. It's just another place to show off, as well as trade amongst ourselves (and I think we all agree that EVERY vintage tech enthusiast desperately need an alternative to eBay!)

So who knows, someone looking for a C64, might opt to join the 4A fold instead (as they should of course).

I will say though, even left as it is, I have found some great TI sales in the existing Marketplace. Last year I got Navarone's Super Duper (gold foil label) and their Data Base Management, both complete with manuals for $10 a piece from a guy who doesn't even have an internet connection, but was selling off his entire TI collection (everything was done through an AtaiAge member intermediary) and along with the two Navarone carts, I got Spad XIII and Par Fore* on disk for I think an xtra $5 ).

*Par Fore = best golf game on the TI???? I think so, but are there others to compare?

I for one would vote against these ideas. For you guys that want to be segregated because you only care about one system it seems great. I personally would HATE having to dig through a bunch of sub forums and such just to keep an eye out for marketplace items I might be interested in. And what happens when I have a bunch of different stuff to sell or a lot that contains items from multiple systems? I have to either choose only one section to post in or post multiple threads. I just don't understand why it's so hard to scan the marketplace threads for stuff you are interested in. Heck, I just subscribe to the marketplace forum. Anytime a new thread is created I get an email. If it's not something I'm interested in then I delete it. It really don't get too many emails from it that it's a problem.

• Like 1

Yes, I made an offer last week, I think it was 150 euro or so, and he answered with 796 :)

You all should do the same :grin:

Same for his other adventures....

Do the same? What if the seller would have accepted your offer, would you really pay 150 bucks for an over 30 years old disk, nobody knows if you can even read it? :P

• Like 1

I just don't understand why it's so hard to scan the marketplace threads for stuff you are interested in.

I think it's pretty much different solutions for different folks. I cannot speak for everyone, but some people barely have enough time to come here when they have a free moment. It could be why this is currently the most popular thread of the TI section here on AtariAge. When one of us finds something really good, cool, or rare, we can post it for others to check out. There is one drawback to this format though... if someone finds something REALLY COOL that THEY want to bid on, I doubt they'll post it here! ;)

I'm one of those guys who has collected a lot of what I've wanted already, so this thread is kind of nice for a heads up when something out of the ordinary comes along.

post-35324-0-31421000-1502737014_thumb.jpg

The TI Gameshelf site has all the Scott Adams adventures (22 of them!) on one disk. Just download it and make your own! :)

Adv.dsk

• Like 4

That is awesome. Now to look up how to create a disk for my TI from my hone computer. :-)

(No FG99.... YET)

An FG99 (or FR99) will do nothing to solve the problem of getting DISC based software that you downloaded on your modern PC onto the 4A (they are, after all cartridge emulators, not disc emulators), but if you have a nanoPEB, just store the disks on a few CF volumes.

Of course you could modify your RS232 card and simply access the discs directly from the HDX server you set up on your PC

(or simply get yourself an HxC drive)

• Like 1

An FG99 (or FR99) will do nothing to solve the problem of getting DISC based software that you downloaded on your modern PC onto the 4A (they are, after all cartridge emulators, not disc emulators), but if you have a nanoPEB, just store the disks on a few CF volumes.

Of course you could modify your RS232 card and simply access the discs directly from the HDX server you set up on your PC

(or simply get yourself an HxC drive)

Yep, the HDX or an HxC drive make good options. I like them both and each has their advantages. For those with neither, I still have hopes that someday there will be a modified program like DSK2PC that could read from a specially named folder on the FG99's SD card and copy the contents to any recognized drive on a TI.

It looks like the need for this option has arrived, and will only grow as more people are drawn back into the TI via the FG99.

• 2 weeks later...