IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Gentlemen,

Thanks to VicViper I've added two more boxed Moonbeam cassette titles to my collection, and am now down to my last two...

Death Drones and Cavern Quest

If anyone has one or both these (w/box) that they would like to ship to the Great White North (for fun and profit) please PM me

I know this isn't the place for such a request, but anyone reading this thread is looking to either buy/sell or look at what others are buying/selling, so forgive me this small forum indiscretion

• Like 4

Finally broke down and bought an MBX!

Buddybear99 had one listed that looked to be in pretty good shape (I tend not to worry when buying from him anyway). At $199 US it is more than I intended to pay for one - certainly more than I can afford right now, but the deed is done. (I think I paid $69.99 back in '84. this time around, that was the price of shipping)

Finally I'll be able to play Championship Baseball and use the rotating thingy on Superfly!

Thanks to everyone who didn't buy it before me. <grin>

• Like 4

Finally broke down and bought an MBX!

Buddybear99 had one listed that looked to be in pretty good shape (I tend not to worry when buying from him anyway). At $199 US it is more than I intended to pay for one - certainly more than I can afford right now, but the deed is done. (I think I paid $69.99 back in '84. this time around, that was the price of shipping)

Finally I'll be able to play Championship Baseball and use the rotating thingy on Superfly!

Thanks to everyone who didn't buy it before me. <grin>

that's cool that he had one- i didn't notice in my scans on ebay. $199 would've been too rich for my blood for some time.

that's cool that he had one- i didn't notice in my scans on ebay. $199 would've been too rich for my blood for some time.

ya, well my TV is slowly dying (strange effect, looks like lines liquids flowing down inside the screen darkening the pixels in that area)... my GPU in my PC died a few months ago, so I have a cheapo replacement n there that is barely capable of playing anything written after 2005 (stlill plays audosurf though, so it's not a total loss),... I have a goal of raising $10,000 in 4 years to finance a move back to my home town for retirement,... and last month I finished paying for my NLL season tickets leaving my discretionary income entirely depleted.

So what do I do instead of banking every penny for stuff I need? I pay $199 US ($230 CAD!) plus $60 shipping for a device that is only REQUIRED for 3 programs - only one of which I'll actually use

Every day the papers talk about the opiate addiction crisis, but what of the vintage-tech addiction crisis???? Some might argue, that a TI addiction won't kill you, but they didn't see the look on my wife's face when I told her I just spent nearly $300 on the TI. (If I don't post for a few days call the cops!)

• Like 6

ya, well my TV is slowly dying (strange effect, looks like lines liquids flowing down inside the screen darkening the pixels in that area)... my GPU in my PC died a few months ago, so I have a cheapo replacement n there that is barely capable of playing anything written after 2005 (stlill plays audosurf though, so it's not a total loss),... I have a goal of raising $10,000 in 4 years to finance a move back to my home town for retirement,... and last month I finished paying for my NLL season tickets leaving my discretionary income entirely depleted.

So what do I do instead of banking every penny for stuff I need? I pay $199 US ($230 CAD!) plus $60 shipping for a device that is only REQUIRED for 3 programs - only one of which I'll actually use

Every day the papers talk about the opiate addiction crisis, but what of the vintage-tech addiction crisis???? Some might argue, that a TI addiction won't kill you, but they didn't see the look on my wife's face when I told her I just spent nearly $300 on the TI. (If I don't post for a few days call the cops!)

..can i have your MBX when you die? :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found in the wild (not from the usual sellers:

TI99/4a NanoPEB Compact Flash virtual disk drive w/ RS232 EX COND http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI99-4a-NanoPEB-Compact-Flash-virtual-disk-drive-w-RS232-EX-COND-/322802911437

Texas Instruments 9900 Disk Controller Card TI99/4A PHP1240 -930C http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-9900-Disk-Controller-Card-TI99-4A-PHP1240-930C/182804242200

• Like 1

I have a couple of small 12v LCD screens hooked up to a console here at the Faire. Sadly, the console I brought is wonky so all I can show is the Master Title Screen. But it does show the successful use of some of these handy items which can be found.

The two in particular I have are these:

4.3" "Flip-up" screen eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3811722635711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=381172263571&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

5" screen eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3606984527481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360698452748&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

These are after-market back-up camera screens for cars. They also have no sound so you will need to make provisions for external sound. Even so, there is the possibility one could be mounted on or even in the console.

During my experimentation finding these screen I also tried at least one which was a failure. This one, specifically:

3.5" LCD eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1507153095971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150715309597&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Like a lot of composite up-scalers, some of these LCD screens are not going to be able to sync to the 240p signal output by the TI. Ones which do may actually treat the signal as 480i so there will be skipped frames. It will be a crap shoot to find one that works.

I am planning right now (and we know all about the plans of mice and men) to open these up and see what the chips used are to help locate other units which will work. I will make a blog post when I do.

• Like 2