IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't opened this yet to check it out inside, but I won it and it is sitting in my house. It was DOA and you could tell the plastic bag had been opened in the past, so it wasn't a virgin. That being said when powered, all there was, was a black screen. No trouble shooting has been performed. The seller after being contacted, graciously refunded all my money, and told me to keep the computer for parts. Beautifully kept outer shell though, looks new.

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 3

I haven't opened this yet to check it out inside, but I won it and it is sitting in my house. It was DOA and you could tell the plastic bag had been opened in the past, so it wasn't a virgin. That being said when powered, all there was, was a black screen. No trouble shooting has been performed. The seller after being contacted, graciously refunded all my money, and told me to keep the computer for parts. Beautifully kept outer shell though, looks new.

Based just on the condition of the box in that listing, it appears that the box at the very least had some major water damage. That being said, everything else looks pretty mint, including the manuals. Should you open up the computer itself, let us know how it looks on the inside.

Based just on the condition of the box in that listing, it appears that the box at the very least had some major water damage. That being said, everything else looks pretty mint, including the manuals. Should you open up the computer itself, let us know how it looks on the inside.

I agree, I have had equipment that has been leaked on in the past in storage, and it smells just like this.

Him again. He says it is tested, starting at $10 with no returns... but with the FG99 is the GRAM Kracker still relevant? I have never used one so I am unaware of its full potential.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1528406735291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=152840673529&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It is for some very specific applications the gk is nice. Ubergrom has more memory than the gk tho also. The real benefit is it is ram and write protect is a switch on the front. Need ram for supercart? Flip switch. Its also good for dumping carts to disk. Super easy up to a certain size. Of course 99% of carts are already dumped.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Him again. He says it is tested, starting at $10 with no returns... but with the FG99 is the GRAM Kracker still relevant? I have never used one so I am unaware of its full potential.

The GRAM Kracker might be of interest to a collector or someone who wants to dink around, but honestly, your question is a good one. With practically everything under the sun already ripped and converted to FG99 format, there does not seem to be much of a practical use anymore. (strike one)

The seller... (strike two)

Non refundable... in case it's really not working? (strike three)

* The above is only my personal opinion.

Are those desirable and all that rare? I think I have one I got with all my uncle’s (who used to work for TI) stuff. I don’t think I’ll be using it but keep it around for display/nostalgia.

Are those desirable and all that rare? I think I have one I got with all my uncle’s (who used to work for TI) stuff. I don’t think I’ll be using it but keep it around for display/nostalgia.

Rebranded Epson mx80 only need it if you need to have everything ti imho

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

i wouldnt mind a printer, but i just dont have the room. plus... the Boss says 'no more computer stuff' till we get a bigger place. I casually mentioned i wanted to pick up a C64/1541 drive (and i realllly do), and I got 'the look'.

I noticed there was a sidecar disk controller out there, too, but didn't link it.

I have to retract some of the things I have said about eBay. I had a pleasant discussion with a representative this evening and made some interesting discoveries.

1) eBay charges 10% of the sale,

This is true for small-volume sellers like myself or those who do not run a store. My lack of volume precludes me running a store, anyway. I happily cover many other fees in the course of doing business (foreign transaction fees when I import certain items, credit card processing fees to ensure I get my money right bloody now, etc.) and I figure this is really no different.

2) including shipping

This is not true if you purchase a shipping label through eBay. It is actually pretty handy and eBay provides a discount, in my case I have seen up to 13%

eBay has continually nagged me to qualify items for "Fast 'n Free," which increases sales by an average of 11%, blah blah blah. I checked it out and I qualify on certain items if I set the handling to a one business day and offer free shipping via any of eBay's shipping methods. This is free to both the buyer and the seller. Additionally, it is rather surprising what can qualify: I have a 35 pound traffic signal up which qualifies.

There are some requirements: both seller and buyer must be in the US, you must offer free shipping, you must provide no more than a single business day handling (time to ship it out,) and... you must complete one transaction as Fast 'n Free. The last one is important, and means that your first transaction you will have to pay for the shipping label but it will be credited to you (not refunded) once the item arrives.

In the end, while I am still paying the 10% eBay fee and ~2% PayPal fee, I no longer have to be concerned about the shipping costs being attractive to the buyer, or take messages where the buyer wants to pay me my asking minus the shipping cost (essentially free shipping for the buyer but a reduced sale amount for me,) and eBay foots the bill for the shipping.

I have to say I am genuinely surprised and find this program very attractive and once this Commodore printer interface makes it to the buyer on Friday I will be completely enrolled.

• Like 1

All of the later black and silver consoles were missing the badge--I have several of them. The keyboard is definitely a Mitsumi though, based on the comment by @awkwardpotato and something I seem to remember from a few years back when Michael also commented on a similar keyboard (at that time, none of the rest of us had seen a black Mitsumi keyboard or even suspected they existed).

Uh, yeah, whoops, it is NOW on its way. I am going to leave that up :)

I will post up what I find out. I am hoping against hope it is not one of the Mistumi type keyboards. Those key caps really stand out. I was wondering if it might be a v2.2 console. It is definitely not showing the markers of being a "QI," but I do not think that precludes its being a 2.2.