IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I just posted in the Marketplace about a bunch of 4:3 LCD monitors I am pushing. These are surplussed from our division, I am testing each one of them on an F18A, and right now have around 15 or 20 with about 50 more on the way. They are slated to be disposed of sometime next week so the more interest I can get now the better. I am asking $10 each singly, or $5 each for four or more, plus packaging and shipping which I will determine once I know there is interest.

• Like 1

eBay only charges the 10% on your shipping if you do not use eBay's shipping options. This is mean to prevent people from boosting up shipping price to avoid fees. Otherwise, yes, you will pay 10% to eBay and around 3% to PayPal. I have no idea about the extra 4% for low rating.

BTW, I understand this applies to individual sellers. If you have a store you pay less in fees, but how much less is not clear to me.

TI-99/4 in original, albeit water damaged, box. No indication that it actually works and very sparse description, so buyer beware. Looks like it also includes a cassette cable but no Program Recorder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4-Home-Computer-In-Original-Box-Power-Cord-Modulator/283423994103

• Like 2

eBay only charges the 10% on your shipping if you do not use eBay's shipping options. This is mean to prevent people from boosting up shipping price to avoid fees. Otherwise, yes, you will pay 10% to eBay and around 3% to PayPal. I have no idea about the extra 4% for low rating.

BTW, I understand this applies to individual sellers. If you have a store you pay less in fees, but how much less is not clear to me.

Can you confirm that it is indeed true that they don't charge fees on shipping if you buy shipping through ebay? Because that would be news to me and contrary to what I believed. I still remember when they changed the policy and began charging sales fee on the full amount so if they changed at some point I missed it.

Edited by Mitkraft

Okay, on a recent sale for $20 + $7.42 shipping, PayPal hit me up for $1.10 (roughly 4%,) and eBay charged me $2.47, 10% of the sale.

Mother-effers.

In total, my $20 sale netted me $16.43, or 82% of my sale price. That is like a tax bracket.

Okay, on a recent sale for $20 + $7.42 shipping, PayPal hit me up for $1.10 (roughly 4%,) and eBay charged me $2.47, 10% of the sale.

Mother-effers.

In total, my $20 sale netted me $16.43, or 82% of my sale price. That is like a tax bracket.

Looks like that's 9% of the item + shipping ($27.42 x .09 = $2.47). This is how I've always understood it. Certain item categories have differing percentages and if you have an ebay store (also a monthly fee), the percentages are slightly lower.

The lower your price, the more they take as a percentage. When I sell $2.99 CDs or DVDs with $3 shipping, I net about $1 after all is said and done (subtract ebay & PayPal fees, cost of shipping and cost of packaging). I sell them since I'd prefer not to throw them away, but sometimes I feel it's just a fool's errand.

Good to have that figured out. Still, eBay is charging the percentage on the total sale plus shipping. And still makes it not worth selling small stuff and just chucking it instead -- better to just run it by a local charity.

(I say "worth" it because I also have to keep assorted boxes and packing material on-hand, which start to become a nuisance and cumbersome.)

ebay seller "help" is where I found the info for the 10% final value fee and the 4% additional fee since I don't have a seller level anymore. Paying fees for shipping and for paypal are icing on the cake.

Standard fees for most categories, including Music > Records, eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories, and eBay Motors > Automotive Tools & Supplies. For vehicles, see our Motors fees. First 50 listings free per month, then $0.35 per listing* 10% (maximum fee $750**)

We may apply additional final value fees on your sales in the following circumstances:

If your account doesn't meet our minimum seller performance standards for the US at the time of sale, there will be an additional 4 percentage points fee on the standard final value fees at the time the item sells. You can go to your Seller Dashboard - opens in new window or tab to check your current seller level for the US region. Above Standard and eBay Top-rated Sellers will not be charged this fee

I just posted in the Marketplace about a bunch of 4:3 LCD monitors I am pushing. These are surplussed from our division, I am testing each one of them on an F18A, and right now have around 15 or 20 with about 50 more on the way. They are slated to be disposed of sometime next week so the more interest I can get now the better. I am asking $10 each singly, or $5 each for four or more, plus packaging and shipping which I will determine once I know there is interest.

I'd like four of them. Do you have room to bring to VCF-SE?

I don’t see the point of this mod. Gut a likely working TI only to turn it into an emulator machine which fits into a much smaller case?

Like gutting a working jukebox and turning it into a clothes dryer.

At first glance I was hoping for a true TI laptop.

Edited by Airshack

I don’t see the point of this mod. Gut a likely working TI only to turn it into an emulator machine which fits into a much smaller case?

Like gutting a working jukebox and turning it into a clothes dryer.

At first glance I was hoping for a true TI laptop.

Now if it was a Silicon Graphics server to a mini fridge, that would at least be useful

https://www.instructables.com/id/Convert-a-Silicon-Graphics-Server-into-a-Fridge/

• Like 2