IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I think this was a good thought. Check this Ebay auction out..

Plugs directly in the current video port of a 4A and pipes out to RCA jacks. so if you don't want to solder those damn DIN cables! Fully assembled with a 3D printed case.

HERE

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 2

It's a neat idea and will probably useful for some people. I find it rather bulky coming off the back myself, but this idea could be expanded upon. What might be more interesting is one that ...

1) Uses the 12v off the back to power an internal (in the case) audio amplifier suitable to power some external speakers.

Output would be a standard female stereo connector.

2) The video out would be a single RCA jack.

I'd try to mount the two output jacks as low as possible for aesthetic reasons, even if the unit would have to be slightly wider.

post-35324-0-27068500-1554346540.jpg

I think this was a good thought. Check this Ebay auction out..

Plugs directly in the current video port of a 4A and pipes out to RCA jacks. so if you don't want to solder those damn DIN cables! Fully assembled with a 3D printed case.

HERE

No cable for 2x the price

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a neat idea and will probably useful for some people. I find it rather bulky coming off the back myself, but this idea could be expanded upon. What might be more interesting is one that ...

1) Uses the 12v off the back to power an internal (in the case) audio amplifier suitable to power some external speakers.

Output would be a standard female stereo connector.

2) The video out would be a single RCA jack.

I'd try to mount the two output jacks as low as possible for aesthetic reasons, even if the unit would have to be slightly wider.

Nice! It sold already, but I'd get one if he made more.

My only request on this is if it had the resistor/capacitor included to strengthen the composite signal, as described on Mainbyte as one of the "mods" you can do to improve video resolution slightly. (He mentions including space for them if you're electronically inclined...)

I prefer the All In One RCA Composite Cable that plugs directly in the TI for a 3rd of the Price. No additional cables are required.

With the box style on ebay it sticks out of the back and then you have to plug in seperate RCA cables that makes it stick out even further.

post-64024-0-30174700-1554347403.jpg

Edited by ClassicComp
  • Like 3

I prefer the All In One RCA Composite Cable that plugs directly in the TI for a 3rd of the Price. No additional cables are required.

With the box style on ebay it sticks out of the back and then you have to plug in seperate RCA cables that makes it stick out even further.

Agreed! The design might be better if he had the connectors on the right hand side instead of the back, but I'm with you, the DIN cable is a lot less intrusive looking and like Greg says, cheaper.

I actually quite like that... I dislike the video port and was planning to mod a few machines with RCA jacks directly. That would save me the hassle. ;)

• Like 2

Having a little clearout and self-promoting my own eBay listing ... ;-)

Genuine TI TMS9995 Evaluation Board.

http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/tms9995_eval_module/tms9995_eval_module.htm

eBay item: 303116958824. Will post worldwide.

Coincidentally, I have been meaning to inquire for few months now if you have any TMS99110/99105 PCBs and TMS9995 PCBs left over for sale.

I bought one of your TMS9900 PCBs last year and I'd like to "round out my set" as it were. Love tinkering on your professional layouts.

P.S. I'll throw in a bid on the above as well just to cover my bases - hopefully Customs isn't going to mark it under the Tariff Act, but I don't know if your country is covered under those rules.

Doug

TMS 99110 (or 99105) Breadboard or PCB System
  • Like 1

Coincidentally, I have been meaning to inquire for few months now if you have any TMS99110/99105 PCBs and TMS9995 PCBs left over for sale.

I bought one of your TMS9900 PCBs last year and I'd like to "round out my set" as it were. Love tinkering on your professional layouts.

P.S. I'll throw in a bid on the above as well just to cover my bases - hopefully Customs isn't going to mark it under the Tariff Act, but I don't know if your country is covered under those rules.

Doug

TMS 99110 (or 99105) Breadboard or PCB System

Doug - will send you a PM about the other boards.

• Like 1

What about THIS?

This is the sync separator chip I use with my SCART Genie devices and the GBS-Genies. This is for RGB as it has all the csync and hsync lines. I'm not sure if this would work with composite to svideo. I have seen schematics that take the composite signal and convert it to svideo with one 470pf capacitor. See HERE

Would be cool to see if it would work for the TI.

• Like 3

is that all it takes?

In its simplest form, yes. Most of the time you will see a capacitor around 470pF in-line with the chroma output, but the cleaner ones I have used are a R/C network. These are also bi-directional.

I have picked up the $.99 adapters which simply tie the Y/C lines together. I found ones for between $2.99 and $5.99 which have the circuit in them. The more expensive are certainly the best.

Yeah, like he said.

• Like 3

Nice! It sold already, but I'd get one if he made more.

My only request on this is if it had the resistor/capacitor included to strengthen the composite signal, as described on Mainbyte as one of the "mods" you can do to improve video resolution slightly. (He mentions including space for them if you're electronically inclined...)

Not more than I was expecting.

Sorry if I'm spilling seller's secrets, but I've always had this problem since I was 4-5 years old:

If it is not broken, take it apart anyway ... if it still isn't broken when you put it back together, you probably learned something. :grin:

post-48993-0-99945500-1554590053_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-43040000-1554590067_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-86583500-1554590076_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Could be a nicely-stocked starter system in this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3922744468731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=392274446873&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It is missing a program recorder to run the two cassette titles and seller says it does not appear to work, though it has a wide variety of modules.

Does not, however, come with ZeroZap.

Anyone who wants 40 copies of Oldies but Goodies II on cassette can get them in this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1432103511271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=143210351127&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 2

Could be a nicely-stocked starter system in this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3922744468731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=392274446873&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It is missing a program recorder to run the two cassette titles and seller says it does not appear to work, though it has a wide variety of modules.

Does not, however, come with ZeroZap.

Anyone who wants 40 copies of Oldies but Goodies II on cassette can get them in this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1432103511271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=143210351127&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

40 copies, man. lol

I’d like a second external like this one but the guy won’t budge on price. It’s untested so I’m thinking probably $60 overpriced? Looking for others opinions. I’m thinking $95 max.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283417337287

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I’d like a second external like this one but the guy won’t budge on price. It’s untested so I’m thinking probably $60 overpriced? Looking for others opinions. I’m thinking $95 max.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283417337287

Pretty certain I paid around the same price for one with two drives in it, tested and working.