--- Ω ---

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

4 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

That sucks, and I apologize then.  I had to turn off my ad blocking to see this (why?)

Eh, no harm no foul.😁

It only gives me more insight into corporate America. I've been giving Ebay a ton of money recently, so

it's good to know they too finally succumbed to targeted advertising to d̷e̷f̷r̷a̷u̷d̷ ̷c̷u̷s̷t̷o̷m̷e̷r̷s̷, er fill their coffers.

48 minutes ago, helocast said:

Eh, no harm no foul.😁

It only gives me more insight into corporate America. I've been giving Ebay a ton of money recently, so

it's good to know they too finally succumbed to targeted advertising to d̷e̷f̷r̷a̷u̷d̷ ̷c̷u̷s̷t̷o̷m̷e̷r̷s̷, er fill their coffers.

The coupon coincides with my 1,000th positive feedback.  I had not considered that before, so I wonder if that is part of why I received the invitation.

• Like 2

That is entirely likely, actually. I'll see if a similar strangeness occurs whenever I hit 5,000. . .as 1,000 was so long ago that they weren't doing anything but changing the color of the star and treating the color change as a big thing in and of itself.

There is an empty TI-99/4A P-Box for sale on Ebay << HERE >>.  The seller is asking $150.00 and the cost of shipping COULD make it around $200.00.... but he has the make offer button active.  So, if you ever had plans of becoming a future TI "power user" with a SAMS card, TIPI, and whatever else you could stick in it, making an offer cannot hurt.

• Like 1

Actually, that one is a bit more difficult to find than most as an original CorComp cartridge (the one being sold is original), as the majority of these cartridges in circulation were later copies made by TexComp or Comptetition Computers (likely both, but I only have copies with a known Competition Computers provenance in my collection). It is not rare enough as an original to warrant a price over $50 to $75 though, even with the manual and the loopback plug that originally came with it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

loopback plug that originally came with it.

Oh, so it is missing a dongle?  Then $5 seems like a fair offer :)

The loopback plug is to allow the RS-232 card to be fully tested, as it loops RS-232/1 to RS-232/2 to fully test that card. It isn't needed for any of the other system tests.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ksarul said:

The loopback plug is to allow the RS-232 card to be fully tested, as it loops RS-232/1 to RS-232/2 to fully test that card. It isn't needed for any of the other system tests.

Party pooper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Peripheral Diagnostic Module. It has the functions of the TI Diagnostics module and performs some additional tests as well, so it is actually a useful cartridge for troubleshooting.

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

Isn't it included in the xb27 suite?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe it's option "O".

• Like 1

Wow, a TIGA graphics card. With ISA connector. This brings up memories from times when you eagerly waited for your closest store to offer those brand new SVGA cards.

• Like 1

All, I just listed the following on ebay,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283632532163

but I was wondering can English speaking users use this website for auctions? (the tool is much friendlier than ebay as

ebay has a lot of restrictions and I cannot post more items...I probably will use

maret place: https://www.marktplaats.nl/

Bulk - TI-99/4A Consoles, PEB Boxes, PEB Cards, TI Books, TI Magazines

(USA 99'er, HCM, etc. English TI*MES, TI-LINES, etc. German - TI Journal

The buyer need to arrange for collection, pick-up and shipment

(location Zoetermeer, The Netherlands).

• Like 3

I'm lucky I get to keep my 2 so far!! I really don't want to part with anything if I can help it.. the struggle is real.