IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

58 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

Wow, if the P-Code and RS-232 are still in the box, that *IS* a good deal.  I'd sell the P-Code and RS-232 and invest the return on a P-Box TIPI card.

My P-Code card did not sell after a month, even with "best offer" available, so I have stuck it in storage.  Probably never to see the light of day for another decade or so.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, sixersfan105 said:

$720 and counting with just under 9 days remaining on the auction. With a starting bid of $1, that certainly escalated quickly!

I bid on it, but will likely get outbid.  I can see this going for more than $2K.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, majestyx said:

Speaking of the Dimension 4 - anytime I see a bid retraction, as both a seller and a buyer, I get a bit mad. Makes you wonder if the person was just fishing to see if they could find out how high the highest bid was. In my experience as a seller, it also usually upsets the rest of the bidders with them wondering if that bid was on the level.

image.thumb.png.c20c310549bac87662ec57707ebe2cff.png

absolutely agree with you. When it happens with object where i bid i always doing a bid retraction me too and use to bid again in a late moment with a different value :)

50 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Yeah, same one that originally went up for sale on January 7th, as mentioned that day by @OLD CS1. Glad it hasn't sold yet at that price. Wonder what the seller would take for it (he has Best Offer enabled).

Man.  Sure would love to have an MBX, and record gameplay from the MBX-only games for posterity (including the device operation part, as I've got a three camera setup).  But not at anything remotely resembling that damn price.  Given their rarity, given they're a full fledged computing device (so there's a lot more potential for failure or damage) and given the way prices have heated up in the past few years generally in this sphere (i.e., among prices things actually sell for), probably always to be a distant pipe dream. 

Though, broadly speaking, I might have some distant hope I guess that the weird direction in which "game collecting" has turned in recent months, where the market has started to be dominated by individuals who treat it more like comic collecting (where it's more about owning a pristine specimen), actually might not be a bad thing at all with respect to the interests of folks who are mainly just interested in the tech, and don't really care all that much if it's banged up and yellowed, or sold loose. 

If folks want to argue a product's only worth anything if the box is in fantastic shape and the cellophane's undamaged, I'm going to argue that right along side them!  Then pick up a scratched, loose copy, when I get the chance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Airshack said:

He turned down my $80 offer for MBX.

Haha you offered $80 on a $999.95 listing? That's funny. I shot him a note to see if he had a number that he would sell it for, and he said for "obvious reasons" he wouldn't tell me, but that it would "have to be a good one." Sooo yeah, there's that. I looked up the address for the seller's business, which is called Panhandle Surplus LLC, and GoogleMaps revealed it is in an absolutely disgusting neighborhood, so perhaps this guy needs all the money he can get to move outta there!

• Like 1

Here's a pretty solid deal that I just came across on an original model (meaning black and silver) TI-99/4A with box and box insert. Looks to have been made in 1983. Doesn't have the Solid State Software badge. Only $12.95 plus very reasonable shipping (at least as calculated from Indiana to PA). No PSU or AV cables, though. Thought I'd pass it along in case someone was interested.

• Like 2

Jaime Malilong started selling a DB9 Wifi (not sure which firmware he's using on the ESP8266 yet) with a power splitter to work with the NanoPEB.

There's lots of these floating around, including ones that Arcadeshopper sells.  We might need to do a feature comparison for firmware, etc, somewhere.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, acadiel said:

Jaime Malilong started selling a DB9 Wifi (not sure which firmware he's using on the ESP8266 yet) with a power splitter to work with the NanoPEB.

There's lots of these floating around, including ones that Arcadeshopper sells.  We might need to do a feature comparison for firmware, etc, somewhere.

so far imho the gurumodem beats most of them hands down, it supports 7bits/even parity which none of the others seem to do.. I'm waiting for Jamie's to arrive to test it and have some of them in my store like the nanos and the gurumodems

• Like 1

so far imho the gurumodem beats most of them hands down, it supports 7bits/even parity which none of the others seem to do.. I'm waiting for Jamie's to arrive to test it and have some of them in my store like the nanos and the gurumodems

Here’s the command set it supposedly uses:

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/4a-esp8266_at_instruction_set_en.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 2/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, BeeryMiller said:

The complete system is on display at Clarksville Peddler’s Mall in Clarksville Indiana.   The guy sent me these photos for anyone interested.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

• Like 2