IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

15 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

Scary, it might be as that is a copy of Ciro's label available FREE for download << HERE >>.

For that price, I think the seller should at least do a better job of cutting out and attaching the label. 

Yikes!.thumb.PNG.945cb93dc50499ea93f1edb0ed2718b8.PNG

now you did a closeup of the label and OMG! what a crappy job. just taped on and not even cut straight. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hloberg said:

Atarisoft collection

Hope this isn't anyone on this forum but, is this person crazy? Want's $150 for what is obviously just a flashed ROM cart of the Atarisoft games. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

Yeah, I had noticed that and chuckled. I get that not everyone could make this cart themselves, but why pay $150 for it when you can get it for $36 in @arcadeshopper's store??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, Ksarul said:

I did win the weird sidecar modem thing though. I strongly suspect it was for the unreleased ACS security system for the 99/4. I'll know more once I get a chance to look at it.

Well, I have been digging into the schematics for this one in my spare time today. It is both more and less than it seems. It is a MODEM board, that works with Tone and Pulse dialing systems. It is a sideport card, as suspected, but it doesn't appear to be from the ACS security system. Development continued to mid-1982, and the tone keypad is a component added for testing purposes (and identified as such in the schematics). The schematics are barely legible in a lot of places, so I am reconstructing them. The other interesting item is that the schematics cross reference the side port 44-pin numbers to the 120-pin connector on the protoboard they used and then to the pins for the 60-pin connectors in the PEB. The PEB pin IDs in the schematic are not always correct, so I have been making the necessary corrections there as I work through it. It also has the discrete logic identified on one part of the board that would be replaced by a PAL on the production version (and is so marked). I may be able to identify the necessary equations to recreate that PAL too, as the logic on the board should be sufficient to actually do that. That said, Gary may have been right that this prototype may have been part of the design series for the 1200 BAUD PEB MODEM boards that TI produced a limited number of.

• Like 4

Cool, thanks for sharing, @pixelpedant. However, I would argue that given the poor title of the listing, the final figure was NOT indicative of what an MBX goes for these days in an auction format on eBay. Note that the title of the listing was "Vintage Texas Instruments TI-99/ Championship Baseball Expansion System" - no reference to MBX or Milton Bradley whatsoever. That's why I had to ask you for a link to the listing, as it wasn't coming up in any of my searches of sold/completed listings. A more accurate title would have led to it popping up on more people's saved searches and likely would have increased the price. By how much, I'm not sure, but it certainly would have gone for more had more eyeballs come across the listing in relevant searches.

There’s also just an extent to which this sort of thing simply doesn’t have a “market value” in any strict sense at all, since no market of sufficient size exists for there to be one.  And that’s why I say it’s interesting to see “what it goes for” rather than, say, what it’s “worth”. It really does come down to whether you get a couple anxious buyers with some money to burn who get in to a bidding war, with this sort of thing. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

I'm gonna have to get mine out ... find a program and use it to make sure the $26 I spent on mine was well spent...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alas, the one I purchased is not for the TI. Mine has the White box at the end of the cable and connects to a Joystick 9 pin port. not sure if it is the C64 version, the Apple Version or the Atari Version. I purchased it before I knew what I was doing. Well at least I can find a good home for it. Now to find out which one it is!

Edited by Mehridian Sanders

1 hour ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

Alas, the one I purchased is not for the TI. Mine has the White box at the end of the cable and connects to a Joystick 9 pin port. not sure if it is the C64 version, the Apple Version or the Atari Version. I purchased it before I knew what I was doing. Well at least I can find a good home for it. Now to find out which one it is!

Post pics and we can identify.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, acadiel said:

I also attached the sidecar zip file to the post too.  Use that instead of the Espial one.

Okay, one more question.  Does this go in the GROM section or will they also work on the FlashROM?

Never mind, I just read the README

Edited by --- Ω ---
Update

It's in the FinalGROM archive on the WHT FTP, as well, so a lot of people will have it on their FinalGROMs.  It plays fine, as far as the design goes (which isn't very far, in the age of Rasmus' Flying Shark port).  It's an all out assault on the eyes:

image.thumb.png.298d33cb093fd4dc5fa64f98f8642044.png

Though this isn't unique to the TI-99/4A version or accidental - the other versions are just as garish

But when it comes to original era TI-99 scrolling vertical shooters, there isn't a lot of selection. 

• Like 2