IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

5 hours ago, Opry99er said:

About half a day left on the Funware carts and a day left on the XBII+.

I guess I picked a pretty bad time to list luxury items on eBay.  ?

I would wrap them in toilet paper and then try again :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Charmin was also known in Germany (-2007), particularly for the Charmin Bear ("cha-cha-cha-Charmin") in the commercials. The European brand was sold to Zewa (now Swedish, SCA).

There are indeed substantial differences in toilet paper design between Europe and the US, which depends on the cultural habits of folding vs. crinkling. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Opry99er said:

About half a day left on the Funware carts and a day left on the XBII+.

I guess I picked a pretty bad time to list luxury items on eBay.  ?

$282 winning bid on the Funware carts. Congrats! Considering I only needed Video Vegas, that was too rich for my blood. Is the winning bidder here on AA? 

• Like 3

Woah, I see where a recent TI game lot went for $363! Despite the seller highlighting Car Wars, TI Invaders, Soccer, Chisholm Trail and Pacman as the most valuable, I have a feeling it was the three Gamevision carts (Hangman, Connect Four and ZeroZap) that shot this up sky high. Do we think this was a classic overpay or what?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TI99-4A-TEXAS-INSTRUMENTS-GAME-CARTRIDGES-COMPUTER-CARTIDGES-MANUALS-/143552132770?hash=item216c5fb6a2%3Ag%3AE88AAOSwq4NeZ9sK&nma=true&si=jzZOU3ZUIIbeMz6MMFeHsHEF8Jc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Like 1

Actually, Hangman is usually a pretty hard cartridge to find in Gamevision format. The other two Gamevision cartridges are a lot easier to find. It also had a Funware cart and on the TI carts, a lot of the labels looked like they were very early versions, and thus are relatively rare. The overall price was within the expected range too (I was the underbidder, as Turtles wanted the Gamevision titles for his collection).

On another tack, I just received a nice group of interesting items from a Craigslist post that was here a couple of months ago. It took a while to finish the deal, but it was worth it. I was pleasantly surprised that two of the cartridges were true prototypes on EGROM boards. One was a Basic Support Module (with 2K of RAM) and the other was an Editor/Assembler in a beautiful White case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

Great... Now the next time a TI Invaders cart is up for sale, the seller will want $100 for it ?

This auction was clearly a battle between collectors as I have never seen the Gamevision carts. 

As far as content - the Gamevision carts are really the same exact content at the TI ones.

Those MBGames are also very unique in that they're in different GROMs.  Milton Bradley made a MBGames Demo cart at one point - this cart had every playable MB game in it (CardSharp, Connect Four, Zerozap, Yahtzee, Hangman).  I believe they were in GROMs 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.  Which is very different because many games were only typically in prod carts in 3 or 3+4.  To have a prod cart have a single GROM #4, 5, 6, or 7 was very strange.  So, they likely just used the same GROM from the MBGames cart in the prod TI versions.

I really want to "burn" MBGames to an UberGROM - I've just been too lazy to do it.  

Edited by acadiel
  • Like 2

Card Sharp isn't in my Gamevision Demonstration cartridge, but the other four titles are. One other note, the Gamevision version of Yahtzee cheats. The computer player gets Yahtzee more than twice as often as probability would dictate.

The Gamevision version was recalled in mid-1980 because of this--and very few copies of the module survive. I know of just three copies of the cartridge (I actually owned all three of them at one point, but now I only have one), one empty Gamevision Yahtzee case with the label (I have that), and two copies of the Gamevision Demonstration cartridge with Yahtzee as one of its titles (I have one of those).

The later production versions from TI used a new GROM for Yahtzee that corrected the cheating issue. The other three titles used the same GROM as the Gamevision cartridges did.

11 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Card Sharp isn't in my Gamevision Demonstration cartridge, but the other four titles are. One other note, the Gamevision version of Yahtzee cheats. The computer player gets Yahtzee more than twice as often as probability would dictate.

The Gamevision version was recalled in mid-1980 because of this--and very few copies of the module survive. I know of just three copies of the cartridge (I actually owned all three of them at one point, but now I only have one), one empty Gamevision Yahtzee case with the label (I have that), and two copies of the Gamevision Demonstration cartridge with Yahtzee as one of its titles (I have one of those).

The later production versions from TI used a new GROM for Yahtzee that corrected the cheating issue. The other three titles used the same GROM as the Gamevision cartridges did.

Wow, didn't know that (about the cheat).  The fifth GROM must have been the actual demo program with all the hooks and such.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Fascinating tidbit. Jim, the range and depth of your collector knowledge is impressive. Perhaps you should consider putting a compendium together with color pictures and all and sell it in bookstores. I'll be the first one in line to purchase it!

After the HRD 4000+ sales have started to dwindle.  Don't want to distract him......

Beery

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Looks like I missed that: what HRD 4000+ sales?

They are HRD4000B cards, and I'll be building some over the next couple of weeks. The virus chaos has mucked up my schedule a bit, as the 5,000 jumper blocks I ordered were trapped enroute for most of a month (they were to restock, as I am now otherwise out of them). I finally got them yesterday, so all is good again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1