INVISIBLE

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

On 3/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, Flottmann1 said:

I messaged the seller. Roma does not have the power brick. Can someone who knows exactly, send the seller details on the transformer? I would hate to see the buyer damage the 99/2 by guessing.

I've tried to measure my power brick, but apparently I suck at measuring AC.

I also asked Roma to open the case and take photos.

-Erik

3 days left and it's over $1000.

• Like 1

The Roma's 99/2 computer is not a prototype but a pre-serie.

All I can say about the power supply is that is my 99/2 early prototype (#45) uses a DC 1A 9V (center positive)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

A Miner 2049er and Speech Synth Module being sold for $50 right now.  Not bad, given what those Tigervision carts are often listed for

I suspect that is someone trying to use the Speech Synthesizer as the carrot to dump that crappy game.

• Sad 1

Well, with the way things are in the auction market, how fun a game is to play is almost inversely proportional to how much it'll sell for.  Parsec?  Great game!  Worthless.  Espial?  Jesus Christ, what is this nightmare?  Take all the money!!!

Mostly just a consequence of a lot of really common games being really good, and a lot of rarities and prototypes, conversely, having stayed that way for a reason. 

Nobody's spending $1,000 on Color Bar Generator for 2600 because it's a fun game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, pixelpedant said:

Nobody's spending $1,000 on Color Bar Generator for 2600 because it's a fun game. 

Not knocking it until I try it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wico Trakball:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202945554304

QUESTION: Do these things make gameplay any better for the TI-99/4A? Apparently the Atari 5200 trakball is a real game changer.
Kinda it's more like a roller joystick than a trackball works pretty good and centipede in the other games like that also for moving a pointer like in ti artist

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 12:24 PM, fabrice montupet said:

The Roma's 99/2 computer is not a prototype but a pre-serie.

All I can say about the power supply is that is my 99/2 early prototype (#45) uses a DC 1A 9V (center positive)

It was my understanding it was a two pin connector.  

Yes!  I think that Texas Instruments wanted to increase their profits by proposing a specific power supply to prevent people buying a generic one.

In all cases, the polarity is easy to find thanks to a multimeter.