Jump to content
Omega-TI

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

One other useful tidbit: I'm pretty sure I still have a pair of the circuit cards used for this one as bare boards. It uses a standard TI EGROM circuit card. Pretty much any true prototype TI cartridge was built on variations of this circuit card before it was committed to silicon in the form of GROM chips.

Which tells me that they also were able to do 8K with this instead of 4K/4K.  Unless they actually did 4K/4K =8K and "stacked" chips.  I don't see a cart ROM/RAM chip space on there, so not sure how they did that part...

 

If they did do 4K+4K to make a single GROM during prototype, then that just tells me they cheapened out in making GROMs 6K to save on some of the masking cost.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from the seller of BASIC SUPPORT cart:

 

"

 

 

I worked at Texas Instruments and the internal 99/4 club had these for sale to us. I don't remember any details about what capabilities they added offhand. There are people that have the code and they may have more information. I just bought it because it was not generally available and I always try and get things like that in case a need arises but it never has. Some of the people who know the most probably won't be too forthcoming at this point in time as the last thing they want is to encourage more competition.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Airshack said:

from the seller of BASIC SUPPORT cart:

 

 

I worked at Texas Instruments and the internal 99/4 club had these for sale to us. I don't remember any details about what capabilities they added offhand. There are people that have the code and they may have more information. I just bought it because it was not generally available and I always try and get things like that in case a need arises but it never has. Some of the people who know the most probably won't be too forthcoming at this point in time as the last thing they want is to encourage more competition.

... and this is why Rich and I are trying to get this same cart working on the UberGROM.  I strongly feel that the community should have access to this piece of TI history.  We have way too many 'collectors' out in the wild who buy these things to hold onto them, and never do anything useful with them for the community (sharing pictures, schematics, dumping the ROMs, etc.)  I know that some of the people who resemble that previous statement are reading this, and shame on you for hoarding and not sharing with the community.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, acadiel said:

I know that some of the people who resemble that previous statement are reading this, and shame on you for hoarding and not sharing with the community.

second.jpg.2389ff33808f53df4ff16054365c088d.jpg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just learned about TI's 16-bit wide EPROMs. Here's some on eBay:

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TI-TMS27C210A-12JL-TMS27C210A-27C210-2MBIT-UV-EPROM-120NS-x-10PCS/164004199508?hash=item262f697c54:g:SHcAAMXQWx1RHQv8

 

I was going to use a pair of 27C010 (128Kx8) with every other byte wasted (identical images in each, A0 hard wired to 0 or 1). That gives 64Kx16 in the end.

But this 40-pin chip is just so cute, and it saves space. (1 40-pin ZIF socket vs 2 32-pin ZIF sockets.)

 

And it's in the TL866-II programmer's list.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, twoodland said:

Ha oh man...I also love when sellers really go the extra mile with detailed descriptions. Description: "..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just learned about TI's 16-bit wide EPROMs. Here's some on eBay:
 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TI-TMS27C210A-12JL-TMS27C210A-27C210-2MBIT-UV-EPROM-120NS-x-10PCS/164004199508?hash=item262f697c54:g:SHcAAMXQWx1RHQv8
 
I was going to use a pair of 27C010 (128Kx8) with every other byte wasted (identical images in each, A0 hard wired to 0 or 1). That gives 64Kx16 in the end.
But this 40-pin chip is just so cute, and it saves space. (1 40-pin ZIF socket vs 2 32-pin ZIF sockets.)
 
And it's in the TL866-II programmer's list.
 
We use these for the yellow cart board

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

We use these for the yellow cart board

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

What is that? what do you do with 16 bits unless it's in the console?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What is that? what do you do with 16 bits unless it's in the console?

they have an 8 bit mode.. and for the 1meg and 2meg carts .. here's a fun one but I used flash chips on this one 

49f04744892c167a8891133c267bfc2f.jpg

 

Took 2 to hold the dragon's lair intro

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

they have an 8 bit mode.. and for the 1meg and 2meg carts .. here's a fun one but I used flash chips on this one 

 

 

Took 2 to hold the dragon's lair intro

Aha!

 

I learned just now that TI's 4800 8Kx2 ROM had a 4-bit mode. In case you had a 4-bit computer?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pheonix said:

I'd like to get it, but won't have the money for a while :(

I do not mind holding onto it if I know it is going to go somewhere.  I just cannot sit on stuff anymore which is just going to take up space.  Drop me a PM and we can talk.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow and I only sell these for 50 bucks or for around a hundred you can get a 1mb sams

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Wow and I only sell these for 50 bucks or for around a hundred you can get a 1mb sams

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

Just look at all that money you are leaving on the table!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fimbulvetr said:

Just look at all that money you are leaving on the table!

Right!  Obviously the market demands higher prices :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fimbulvetr said:

Same seller, but for only $40.55 << HERE >>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Does anyone have an old PEB cage/backplane that they no longer want/need? 

Yes. Let me check my garage. It’s a backplane inside  metal only. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Spotted: Tombstone City with the hard to find "modern-style" manual variant! Along with some other (more common) manuals and games. Solid price. Not mine.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4A-Texas-Instruments-Command-Module-Cartridge-Lot-invaders-Alpiner-Munch/324143912783?hash=item4b787b974f:g:yg8AAOSw0PpeoLCl

Are you sure these manuals are so difficult to find I often remark them.

 

Jean Louis

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, humeur said:

Are you sure these manuals are so difficult to find I often remark them.

 

Jean Louis

 

Someone took my advice and snagged the lot. That was quick. Yes, they are difficult to find in this style, at least in North America. Not sure what you mean by you "often remark them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Someone took my advice and snagged the lot. That was quick. Yes, they are difficult to find in this style, at least in North America. Not sure what you mean by you "often remark them."

look this manual.

 

I did not put all those I had with this new presentation, some are more European side

 

Jean louis

20200424_170119.jpg

20200424_170155.jpg

20200424_170217.jpg

20200424_171550.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...