Jump to content
Omega-TI

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Recommended Posts

I've bought from @MacRoriein the past--I've never had any problem with his work, or his willingness to identify the sources for hardware he makes that was designed by others.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure he's good if ArcadeShopper carries his stuff.  I never knew who he was, I'm glad he stepped up and told me who he was, I never knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought an FG99 from him through ebay last year, although I ended up ruining the manual that came with it by accidentally tipping over a water bottle that landed on it 😱

 

I am very pleased with my purchase so just wanted to show my support for MacRorie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, majestyx said:

I bought an FG99 from him through ebay last year, although I ended up ruining the manual that came with it by accidentally tipping over a water bottle that landed on it 😱

 

I am very pleased with my purchase so just wanted to show my support for MacRorie.

Thanks!

 

I'll just leave this here: ;-)

 

https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Brewing-Academy-finalgrom99-manual-ONLY/p/193146311/category=24438345

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did one of those "spur of the moment" Ebay searches. This time for some Avery 4241 pin-feed, 3.5" disk labels. After not being able to find them for a couple of years, I found a vendor that had A BOX in stock and I was able to snag it for a few cents over $12. That will keep me going for quite some time with the hundred or so that I currently have to work with.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

I did one of those "spur of the moment" Ebay searches. This time for some Avery 4241 pin-feed, 3.5" disk labels. After not being able to find them for a couple of years, I found a vendor that had A BOX in stock and I was able to snag it for a few cents over $12. That will keep me going for quite some time with the hundred or so that I currently have to work with.

Finds like that with good adhesive are golden.  Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a box of 3-1/2 X 15/16 that are really old and the adhesive has degraded enough to make them largely useless. I use them for EPROM labels and I guess I'm going to have to pitch the lot - about 2,000 of them. However, I have several boxes of good labels of various larger sizes that I can cut to size and use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I went looking and found this company, which makes them for a reasonable price:

https://ganson-store.com/thermal-labels-cut-sheet-labels-pin-fed-labels/fanfold-labels-for-continuous-form-printers/

 

Happy memories of using my box of 500 labels for a decade.

I used to buy 24 boxes of 5000 at the Costco by the Portland Airport every few weeks.  Back before everybody and their brother had a computer and printer, it was like a licen$e to print money.  I was truly sad to see printers come down in price, because after only a couple of years most of that side-business dried up.  It was great while it lasted though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW - FYI, those sized labels can be purchased even cheaper << HERE >>

 

Avery.thumb.jpg.a035a25221dee699ae16ad8153fc122e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, atrax27407 said:

I have a box of 3-1/2 X 15/16 that are really old and the adhesive has degraded enough to make them largely useless. I use them for EPROM labels and I guess I'm going to have to pitch the lot - about 2,000 of them. However, I have several boxes of good labels of various larger sizes that I can cut to size and use.

 

Rather than pitching them, I think I would "soak" them in a vapor tank, filled with a nice smelling VoC, like say-- French Vanilla diffuser oil. (or some other fragrance.)

 

Basically, it's just a sealed tank with a wetted cloth with your fravorite concentrated diffuser fragrance, and then the box of labels just sitting in there chilling out with it for a week or two.  Diffusion equilibrium will cause the dried out adhesive to absorb the VoCs emitted by the wetted cloth, and become tacky again. They will also be nice smelling, if a bit strongly so.

 

Whatever carrier they use in that stuff is strong enough to gooify laser toner, so it should be good enough for adhesive labels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Weiand's FIG Forth also came as a cartridge with associated screens on disk at a later point in time (I think it was either V1.2 or V2.0). I think I may have one of the cartridges in my collection. . .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 A little out of my price range, but it's kind of neat the different applications you see TI-74's and CC-40's pop-up in....

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dottie-II-Densitometer-TI-74-BasicalC-Calculator-Kodak-Contact-Light-Meter/274298392538?hash=item3fdd754fda:g:q0YAAOSwmVxeYpgS

 

Set of Items in Case

Dottie II Densitometer Beta Screen Corp, 

TI-74 BasicalC Calculator and Eprom Cartridge

Kodak Contact Light Meter 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat!  It comes with an EPROM cartridge, which I suppose has the proprietary software for the metering kit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 6:47 AM, Omega-TI said:

BTW - FYI, those sized labels can be purchased even cheaper << HERE >>

 

Avery.thumb.jpg.a035a25221dee699ae16ad8153fc122e.jpg

Just bought some and some spare ribons for my Epson 24pins printer. I'll be printing them via my C128 since it's the one computer that I have a centronic interface for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to purchase a second speech synthesizer for my other TI, could not believe the price.

No way am paying $100+ for it.

Of coarse though, it was a NOS one, with box and manual.

All the other synthesizers I found were bundled with $120+ consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Went to purchase a second speech synthesizer for my other TI, could not believe the price.

No way am paying $100+ for it.

Of coarse though, it was a NOS one, with box and manual.

All the other synthesizers I found were bundled with $120+ consoles.

I have 2 in stock at a more reasonable price

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keith99er said:

My goodness - if this price is realistic, I’m sitting on a gold mine..!

 

90B2D6FF-FAB0-4A7E-801B-142FA2B42D65.jpeg

Eh, for that price you ger fast and free shipping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few items for sale in the Marketplace if anyone is interested...
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...