Jump to content
Omega-TI

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Recommended Posts

I can't wait to get my F18A from eBay. I'm checking every day 🙂. Oh it's coming, so many were made so yup..it's going to just show up, just like a console.

Ok..who am I kidding....

crawlingback under the rock..

But I'm wondering, is there an F18A kit like can one be made easily?

Edited by GDMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GDMike said:

I can't wait to get my F18A from eBay. I'm checking every day 🙂. Oh it's coming, so many were made so yup..it's going to just show up, just like a console.

Ok..who am I kidding....

crawlingback under the rock..

But I'm wondering, is there an F18A kit like can one be made easily?

Well... they aren't standalone devices - all the ones purchased ended up inside machines. You're more likely to find a machine with an F18A on EBay than a standalone F18A.

 

That said, you could go post in the Wanted forum here. Between MSX, Coleco, TI and Arcade, a lot of the people who bought them are on AtariAge, but they aren't constrained to the TI subforum. :)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. Been poking my nose in coleco stuff too. But yeah, know what you mean.

My programs aren't made either so maybe it'll all come together when MKII pops up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are F18A hard to find now?  I’m about to start refurbing my cousins old 99/4A and was going to recommend she get one.  I’d love to know what the current status of them is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitkraft said:

So are F18A hard to find now?  I’m about to start refurbing my cousins old 99/4A and was going to recommend she get one.  I’d love to know what the current status of them is.

Now?  It's been what 3-4 years since they were made. The demand dropped off and he had no requests for more for almost a year so he stopped making them.  Now he's making a new model mk2, and it's still in development.

 

The forum in the dev section has up to date details on the production of a new model. Please read through it before posting there about availability your questions are answered. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In was simply responding to what GDMike posted since I was surprised to learn they were out of production. I hadn’t started looking for another one, at the status of, or any F18A chatter since I got mine quite some time ago.  I’m glad I saw this though so I can make sure she has a composite video solution.  Maybe I’ll have to recap and give her back their original TI monitor.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, acadiel said:

And the person that needed to get it,

Got it ;)

Good. Sorry that the price got driven up so badly, but glad to know it is in the right hands.

 

9 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

The chicken says, "Cluck, yeah!"  I eagerly await a Fetzner/Guidry/Brent/Hagerty reproduction.

Me too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINER-2049ER-TI-99-4A/143675628677?hash=item2173bc1c85:g:cDIAAOSwb8lfLGsP

 

So this is a link to a fairly common Miner 2049er. I remember back in about '84 being at a Chicago Fair and one of the guys buying on of these and cracking it open, it had a big square chip with a blob of black glue-ish. But what was interesting, was that, for me, it was my first introduction to surface mount technology. 

 

Does anyone here know when the first surface mount chip was ever used in a device made for the TI? I think the tour-de-force on the front was the IDE controller.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen TI test cartridges of The Attack and at least one other cartridge that used the blob-on-board surface mount technology, and several of the prototype PEB boards also included options for pick-and-place surface mount components (resistors and capacitors).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Toucan said:

 

I believe he withdrew the CC-70 mockup - it didn't sell.  Not sure what his plans are for it.

 

As far as the clear cart, it's mine :)  I'll post internal pictures as soon as I get it.  That way we can see if all the pinouts are correct.  It looks like it has three GROMS and a ROM.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still there too. Why? The price is ok and it works.

I'm just broke, what's new.

Edited by GDMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GDMike said:

It's still there too. Why? The price is ok and it works.

I'm just broke, what's new.

The first thing that came to my mind was that the TIPI is nearly as fast, has much more storage and keeps its data on an SD card when it's off.  Also when one considers the price difference between the two and the fact that a TIPI does so much more, well that could be a valid reason.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

The first thing that came to my mind was that the TIPI is nearly as fast, has much more storage and keeps its data on an SD card when it's off.  Also when one considers the price difference between the two and the fact that a TIPI does so much more, well that could be a valid reason.  

The HRD and TIPI are in two completely separate classes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

The HRD and TIPI are in two completely separate classes.

I suppose that might be, depending on how you look at it.

4 hours ago, GDMike said:

I was looking at it from a collection sorta thing, not that I'd use it.

When it comes to the way collectors think or nostalgia pangs, there is precedent for clicking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omega-TI said:

I suppose that might be, depending on how you look at it.

The HRD is a RAM-based storage in a single device.  Defining the TIPI as just storage is superficial.  The TIPI is a multi-device (counting the RPi and the signal interface) complex, running its own CPU and operating system, providing hard drive-like storage with Internet protocol-based back end options.

 

Each its own distinct class of device and purpose set.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

The HRD is a RAM-based storage in a single device.  Defining the TIPI as just storage is superficial.  The TIPI is a multi-device (counting the RPi and the signal interface) complex, running its own CPU and operating system, providing hard drive-like storage with Internet protocol-based back end options.

 

Each its own distinct class of device and purpose set.

I know.  At one point in time I was very interested in getting a HRD, but after the TIPI was released I no longer really saw the point... FOR ME ANYWAY.  I also know other people have different views, likes and wants.  From MY personal perspective, as a storage device the TIPI is nearly as fast, to the point of not seeing an appreciable advantage of getting a HRD.  I also know other people may see things differently.  The TIPI adds so much more, is within an acceptable price difference, and I don't have to worry about the vagaries of RAM. 

 

In the end, I can only speak for myself, but being a lowly unsophisticated user, perceive having both (for the storage aspects alone) as rather redundant. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love my tipi over any ramdisk, If I had to choose. Now, if I could afford, I'd have both, but if someone is buying, I'm all for receiving. I'm such a cheap scum of the earth and I like to improve on that by testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it. Apparently there was a sub program that I've had buried in here that I forgot about and it's exactly placing a value of "001" on the screen if it's called.

And apparently, I have a routine that is located between the cursor blink timing routine that checks for page up and page down other than the key press of page up and page down which is different.

And this routine checks for Page up and Paige down and make sure that the page number was displayed while coming out of the F9 key for help was pressed. But that routine was already corrected by doing a copy paste of the screen routine anyway I found my error.

thanks everyone I'm glad we found the error in the first place or I wouldn't have corrected my Sam's procedure, hello!

With me and Sam's if it was working don't touch it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Love my tipi over any ramdisk, If I had to choose. Now, if I could afford, I'd have both, but if someone is buying, I'm all for receiving. I'm such a cheap scum of the earth and I like to improve on that by testing.

 

To me it's exactly the opposite. Since I have my HRD4000B I'm not as much using my TIPI anymore. 

All of the development work/testing is primarily done with the HRD4000B. I'm really a fan of ROS.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I push all my tipi stuff to the laptop because tipi is shared. Makes it convenient for daily bu.

But I understand. Id love both- 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...