IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The SEL 810, er, SomeComputer, Guy in Austin reposted this in the ccmp discord #online-finds channel:

Not Ebay, and not an auction, but they do have an Ebay store. Reposting here, due to the boxed 4A in the center amidst all the IBM PC's and Corvus, etc. machines, and just above a pile of 5-1/2" MFM drives, with a half-dozen or so  Silent 700 terminals off to the left. By the time I could get there, it would be thoroughly picked over, now that it's appeared in LGR's feed. Buses and flights are being chartered as I type, apparently. ? So, heads up, I guess. 

jbdigriz

Edited by jbdigriz
  • Like 2

Here is a 4A with Zeno board modification.

Former owner D.R. Hayward. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184835995654?hash=item2b09157806:g:ZDUAAOSwrUdgnkmH

Zeno board instructions was published in Micropendium (I forget when.) In the console it incorporates XB and E/A GROMs, 32K, Speech, I forget what else. 

eBay seller rolands1955gill

image.thumb.png.ed12f43db6a9f6fa4a034443ec1c96ad.png

• Like 7

I am shopping for 5.25 floppy disks. I want original CenTech color floppies, but I'm settling for Fuji Film. I'm making packaged copies of my 1987 game, Bubble Plane, which originally came on sky-blue CenTech 5.25 DS/DD floppy. I could use any media, but the 5.25" color floppy is like a certificate of authenticity.

This seems like a good deal on black DS/DD floppies. $65 for 50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304037628050?epid=1704082762&hash=item46ca0e0892:g:aEAAAOSwo89gzS0b

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ClassicComp said:

I personally have found that a lot of NOS 5.25 disks that I have purchased in the past went bad or were flaky out of the box. I started only buying NEW 5.25 floppies since that time but have not purchased any in awhile. Does Athana still sell new floppies? I use to purchase a lot from them.

Athana's website is still up, although you have to send an inquiry to get current pricing.

They're not really numerous enough to have a stable market value, I don't think.  But two recently sold for $250USD, and that's probably the upper range, as far as what complete units (with joystick and headset and system all in good condition) will go for, these days. 

In the box too

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I would not mind picking up a second MBX for demonstration purposes, but the venues are always too loud to use voice recognition.  Even so, I would like to have one that could be abused by passers-by.  I have two (or three, I think,) SuperSketches just for this purpose.  So far no one has tried to lift the pen on the SS, but I am certain it will happen eventually.

• Like 1

From a conversation I had with ti99iuc about the game TI 99/4A SANTA PARAVIA and FIAMACCIO recently sold on ebay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Software

This rather unfaltering quote:

Green said in 1980 that although his company Instant Software had published "hundreds of programs for the TRS-80 [and] want to translate as many as possible for use on the TI-99/4", it could not find anyone among more than 1,000 developers in its network who could port software to the computer, adding "We understand the problems with the system and the efforts Texas Instruments made to make translation difficult".[1]

Ouch!

• Like 2