Jump to content
Omega-TI

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tursi said:

I remember seeing ads back in the day where they were indeed in a film canister. ;)  So, this COULD be an original one.
 

Based on the picture and my experiences with these adapters BITD, it is actually an original 99'er Ware TI-Sette Adapter. They were quite common in the era of mostly cassette operations. . .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

 

TI-SETTE-01.thumb.jpg.4327505ecd36debf55c14aa5e2cdf8b2.jpg

Not that ad, though I remember that one too. 

 

The price is telling ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a little hyper link called BIDS

 If you click on it, and scroll to the bottom you get:

   image.thumb.png.89b2da453ac21371cbf6d8ef831e7ca8.png

Maybe someone meant to enter 26.40 and accidentally typed 264

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be surprising if eventually the auction reaches near that amount.

The are some non-common carts among the lot.

  I'd think the atarisoft carts would be worth $25 each.

  The MBX carts are fairly rare.

  For the more common, the cart shells alone, are probably with $5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2022 at 9:03 PM, GDMike said:

There's a loran 9900 navigator for sale on ebay.

Here's information on what it is..

http://jproc.ca/hyperbolic/loran_c_rc

 

Here's the eBay Link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275039898936

I bought the 9900 LORAN unit.

 

I have not opened it up yet, but the manual is intact. There are 3 board drawings in the manual, guides to opening it to change the battery and adjust notch filters.
 

it has a 2-pin compact DC plug with inline fuse. Needs 11-16 V in. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of recent auction thoughts and comments:

>https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-Computer-Games-and-Controllers-Untested-As-Is-/304345599463?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Ending price was $165.

 

Recently Mdude auctioned off some uncommon stuff.

A interesting looking 32K PBox card - not sure who made it, bidding started at $50 dollars and stayed there. Card may or may not work, it looks like it had some surgery at some time. Pretty good price for those who collect. Doubt it will become a daily drive, just a variant added to a collection.

 

P-Gram - Started at $150 and sold for about $175 - card was missing chips, so it need some TLC - may or may not have worked once chips where installed.  Still a pretty nice piece of equipment for a fair price, even if some TLC has to be put in. Obviously, the more desirable GRAM devices are those that let you override the console GROMS.

 

MEC Ramdisk - Midwest Engineering Corp - This was the company George Bowman put together and almost gave Bud Mills a stroke one year at Chicago. Starting bid started at $120 - no bid received. I think the agreement was, Bud let him sell out his remaining stock and not sue him, if he never made anymore 'horizon-ish' ramdisks. Seems the market for Horizon Ramdisks is pretty poor.

 

Corcomp Disk Controller - PBox card. Bidding started at $170, went to $260 with about fifteen minutes to go in the auction and went up to $360 with 1 second remaining. Looking at the bid history, it looks like a failed snipe-ing attempt.

 

Mean while Household Budget modules hold at about $7 dollars 😃

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dhe said:

Recently Mdude auctioned off some uncommon stuff.

A interesting looking 32K PBox card - not sure who made it, bidding started at $50 dollars and stayed there. Card may or may not work, it looks like it had some surgery at some time. Pretty good price for those who collect. Doubt it will become a daily drive, just a variant added to a collection.

 

P-Gram - Started at $150 and sold for about $175 - card was missing chips, so it need some TLC - may or may not have worked once chips where installed.  Still a pretty nice piece of equipment for a fair price, even if some TLC has to be put in. Obviously, the more desirable GRAM devices are those that let you override the console GROMS.

The 32K board was an early version of the CorComp 32K card, missing the case. I didn't have a Rev E board for my reference set, so I bid on it. I have the schematics and component layout for this board--and they are both in the archive of CorComp schematics I uploaded here a few years ago.

 

On the p-GRAM+ board, I bid on it, but didn't win it. I planned to use it to validate all of the traces required on the "+" board so that I could use it to finish my new p-GRAM layout. Maybe next time. . .I do have some good pictures of the prototype "+" board, so the real questions lie between what was done on the protottype and what was done on the production board.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Somebody paid about $80 for St. Nick and a bunch of spare parts :lolblue:

 

https://ebay.com/itm/304354309492

Well, they did get seven shellable cartridges too, so the rest of the lot wasn't all that bad--and if the console somehow actually works, the whole lot would have been worth that price.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2022 at 9:19 AM, Ksarul said:

Well, they did get seven shellable cartridges too, so the rest of the lot wasn't all that bad--and if the console somehow actually works, the whole lot would have been worth that price.

Right... spare parts and a console :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ksarul said:

There are several other TI items in that auction. Search on TI to find a monitor and search on Texas to find a couple of terminals.

Well, you guys have let the cat out of the bag, so...

 

(grumble 🙂)

 

Lot 427 DS990/1 #1 w/o kbd.

Lot 430 The aforementioned FD1000

Lot 431 Lanier printer, probably for use with the Lanier Model 103 (I think) Word Processor in Lot 440. No, not TI, but not bad for an 8080 dual floppy machine.

Lot 433 DS990/1 #2, w/keyboard

Lot 440 Lanier "Computer", looks like Model 103 Word Processor.

Lot 441 Tandy RGB monitor, probably usable with 9640

Lot 446 includes NOS 3-1/2 floppies

Lot 493 looks an awful lot like spare logic and PSU circuit boards for a 990/1

Lot 508 spare 990/1 VDU

 

Lots of other interesting items. Xerox, Toshiba, Brother, etc. If I know I'll be able to pickup in Anderson, I'll likely bid on some of the items. If I can scare up the funds.

 

Anyone does get these, ask if the software distribution disks are still around. For the TI yes, although images are mostly available on line, but it looks like the disks for the Lanier are currently being actively sought.

Edited by jbdigriz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here the bidder on the auctionzip stuff? I'm unable at the moment and haven't got confirmation on my bidder application anyway. Did want to note I checked a 990/1 and the logic and PSU boards definitely are for it. So might want to put in a bid on Lot #493 also, if you're the /1 bidder.

Edited by jbdigriz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2022 at 8:24 PM, Tursi said:

Not that ad, though I remember that one too. 

 

The price is telling ;)

That “Tex-Sette” ad takes me back 30 years, for sure. But I do recall one of the magazines had instructions for making one out of a film canister, if you could spare your container for your weed. Or you could just unplug the cable, which I always did anyway, even with the TI recorder.

 

One of the magazines also had instructions for an Atari to TI joystick adapter, which I actually built. (The reminder about the alpha lock was kind of a family joke, after I had returned two sets of TI joysticks to Toys “R” Us, before sheepishly realizing that I had never released the alpha lock).

1D797EFB-4FE5-4109-9963-EECFCECF7504.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jbdigriz said:

Anyone here the bidder on the auctionzip stuff? I'm unable at the moment and haven't got confirmation on my bidder application anyway. Did want to note I checked a 990/1 and the logic and PSU boards definitely are for it. So might want to put in a bid on Lot #493 also, if you're the /1 bidder.

I put in a bid on #493.

 

I'm not starting a 990 collection. Just would be happy with some circuit boards to study.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I put in a bid on #493.

 

I'm not starting a 990 collection. Just would be happy with some circuit boards to study.

 

Cool. I'm sad not to be able to go for the rest, but I'd have to rent a van, etc. and it's just not in the cards. So back to the /1 I have and restore it to usable shape. Also get the scans of the maintenance manuals done. Those boards should be able to go USPS, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jbdigriz said:

Cool. I'm sad not to be able to go for the rest, but I'd have to rent a van, etc. and it's just not in the cards. So back to the /1 I have and restore it to usable shape. Also get the scans of the maintenance manuals done. Those boards should be able to go USPS, though.

Yeah. It's a shame that those DS990s probably will get junked.  And the world will have 2 less 8" floppy drives. 

I wonder if the boards collection came out of the one with no keyboard?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...