IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

In Austin?  Is that just for the auctions?  I was just in my Goodwill three times in the past couple of weeks.

Just for the online auctions. This e-commerce operation isn’t at a retail store.

Before COVID, some auction items were on display at my local store, and you could bid online or in store. And pickup anytime after winning. I got bulky yard tools that way.  

On 4/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, Ksarul said:

Looks like the PEB may have a p-Code card right next to the disk controller too. Can't see the controller well enough to see if it is TI or third-party, but someone might get lucky there too.

On the servicing manual, that one may even be the original edition for the 99/4A, although it looks like the cover itself isn't the original one from TI, so who knows. . .I found my original 1982 revision 1 copy this afternoon.

That poor PEB has seen better days. Both corners in the back are crushed in. The top, front has a chunk missing out of it.

• Like 2

Yes there is only one mouse for the stock 4a and it plugged into the joystick port and looks much different

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Switch1995 said:

The listing says:

The games, mouse, and power supply are included. No keyboard. 

Apparently no TI? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/143005751

Goodwill cartridge lot with done Scott Foresman  What is “Picture Parts?”

Picture Parts is one of six Scott Foresman math games. The others are Frog Jump, Number Bowling, Pyramid Puzzler, Star Maze, and Space Journey. Early on, these cartridges were released as a set of three (Modules A, B, and C), each with two of the games in it. These then came in a nice plastic library case with the two associated game manuals in it, along with the cartridge. Some of the dual cartridges came in interesting colors, but not all. I have a complete set of the three library cases.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 2:38 AM, retroclouds said:

Makes me want to buy it just so it can be buried with more respect than its life provided.

• Like 2

I remember a program where if you "mention to a friend" about the TI computer that you could earn back, I can't remember if it were discount on software or actual cash back, but it's a type of sales gimmick that was offered probably in the last year or 2? I remember this but very vaguely. I also remember a program that paid you $50 when you referred a friend this might be part of that program.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.0acc2793ef8cd2d86b4720a9db273b05.jpeg

Never saw it myself, but appears to be a program or audio cassette tape by Learning Express that teaches you how to use your computer.

Upper left corner reads 'Audio Course'. 

'How To Operate The TI-99/4A'. Can't make out the text beneath that.

'Master Your New Computer By Listening To A Friend'... but what is the kid actually holding? A phone? And why does he have long white fingernails? And why does the phone have half a Magic Eraser attached to the ear piece?  ?

Seems a little too ambitious to be a program that utilizes the speech synthesizer to teach you how to use your computer, but... if I were to use my imagination a bit, the tiny text under 'How to operate...' might read something like: 'Vocabulary something something Voice Synthesis blah blah TI Expansion System', so who knows.

Probably just an audio cassette with someone from Learning Express blabbing on about the TI.  ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, you beat me on that last one!

1 hour ago, save2600 said:

'Master Your New Computer By Listening To A Friend'... but what is the kid actually holding? A phone? And why does he have long white fingernails? And why does the phone have half a Magic Eraser attached to the ear piece?  ?

...A cassette.

Edited by HOME AUTOMATION
...and he might be a Werewolf!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3