IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Okay, need input, Stephanie! Dudek has posted up a Zeno Board.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3716935667571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=371693566757&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Anyone have better details on this? (The Mainbyte collection does not have any pictures of an installed unit, but seems to say that the board is installed behind the GROM port somehow?)

• Like 1

Anyone have better details on this? (The Mainbyte collection does not have any pictures of an installed unit, but seems to say that the board is installed behind the GROM port somehow?)

There is an old thread with *some* of the information you are looking for << HERE >> .

This photo, taken by someone else also shows it in a more finished state, so you'll get a better idea how the GROM port is utilized.

post-39776-0-89414400-1424621456.jpg

... well... i think that all you mentioned is the new hardware.

Who want use the TI99 as in the origin, have to use original hardware also :) ... or anyway there are lot of collectors that could be interested of course.

Oh yeah, collectors. I keep forgetting those collectors.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm going to ask what may be considered a stupid question to some people. Now that we have HDX's, HxC's and FR99's, what good is an HRD? What could I possibly do with it that justifies an investment of $100.00 +? Has it's time passed?

A ramdisk should still be faster than an hdx.

They are battery backed, so you can do more without turning on that PC to get at your hdx drive.

If you took up assembly language programming on real iron, that speed difference would be nice for all the repetative disk workflows.

I imagine the same value holds for the old desktop publishing apps.

Basically it is functionally good for anything that hdx benefits, where an additional speed/size trade-off is worth the money.

-M@

• Like 1

A ramdisk should still be faster than an hdx.

They are battery backed, so you can do more without turning on that PC to get at your hdx drive.

If you took up assembly language programming on real iron, that speed difference would be nice for all the repetative disk workflows.

I imagine the same value holds for the old desktop publishing apps.

Basically it is functionally good for anything that hdx benefits, where an additional speed/size trade-off is worth the money.

-M@

Faster I like! The HDX is 2X faster than the FDC, and has a lot of space which is cool. I wonder though, is it that much faster than the HDX to be worth the investment? I'd really like to see real world numbers.

I now have so many of my utilities on the new FlashROM 99, which is also fast, that I'm even starting to re-evaluate my long-time want of a DDCC-1 clone.

I guess I don't do enough of the "right stuff" to make it worthwhile for me personally.

• Like 1

Thanks to OLD CS1, I now have a storage case for my FR99 that fits PERFECTLY.

Sometimes the simple things in life give one pleasure too.

gallery_35324_1027_456852.gif

Thanks again!

Those cases were made for my shell, don't you think so ? :P If you place the LED on top of the shell it will fit even better.. at least in the case i use, otherwise it will be a bit loose and move up and down when you shake it.

Edited by c0d3m4st4
  • Like 2

I might get around to moving the LED in a month or two. I did notice that I have to remove the SD card from the FR99 for the case to close, but it fits in the back, so no problem. Of course in all honesty the FR99 does not spend much time in it's case, it always seems to be plugged into the TI.

• Like 1

I might get around to moving the LED in a month or two. I did notice that I have to remove the SD card from the FR99 for the case to close, but it fits in the back, so no problem. Of course in all honesty the FR99 does not spend much time in it's case, it always seems to be plugged into the TI.

ah.. yeah. It won't close with the SD card inserted. I have it loose the case in one of those small SD card plastic cases. So all super protected now xD

--- Ω ---, on 26 Jul 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

Okay, I'm going to ask what may be considered a stupid question to some people. Now that we have HDX's, HxC's and FR99's, what good is an HRD? What could I possibly do with it that justifies an investment of $100.00 +? Has it's time passed?

A few positives from my perspective:

Faster file IO than just about every existing TI read/write peripheral

Great for assembling code

No PC required to administer the ramdisk contents

• Like 3

Thanks to OLD CS1, I now have a storage case for my FR99 that fits PERFECTLY.

Sometimes the simple things in life give one pleasure too.

gallery_35324_1027_456852.gif

Thanks again!

As an unwanted result of a recent lawsuit, I am now in possession of eight of these DLT cases and they are just waiting to transform your bland TI computer collection into a living canvas that tells visitors and family alike, hey, everyone, this guy really takes his stuff seriously. Your friends and family will oooh and ahhh in amazement when they see this incredible addition to your vastly oversized and monstrous TI setup. These are mostly priced to move, and until they do they are an enormous fire hazard. So, please PM me right here at AtariAge!

Cool FlashROM 99 label not included. Some assembly may be required. Void where prohibited by law. No operators are standing by. Supplies are absolutely limited and there will likely never be another offer like this again.

It cost around $2.50 to ship Ω's to him via USPS, and I suspect others will be close to that price. If you are interested, drop me a PM and I will send you my PayPal address. I am asking $3 to cover shipping, the envelope, gas to the Post Office, environmental impact assessment, frustration using the kiosk which is always out of something, food necessary to replenish the energy expended to lift, drive, lift, push buttons, swipe card, and pull down the huge rotating package drum thingie, packing peanuts, and whatever else you decide it is worth to throw at me.

I will not be able to ship them until Wednesday, unless you happen to put your order in tonight then I should be able to get yours out tomorry.

• Like 2