IGNORED

Introducing the Intellivision Revolution Rarity and Price Guide

Rev

I am now working on updating this rarity and price guide. Dont ask where i "borrowed" the main part of this from...LOL

Over the next few weeks or so , I will be updating it and adding to it. Such as French Canadian, Bandai, CBS, Homebrews, etc etc

You will be able to submit changes I overlook as well, or PM me or post in this thread.

But now WE can have a rarity/price guide that we can adjust and change as needed, not some random program that averages who knows what.....

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/rarity-guide

• Like 8

yeah, so get to work!!!

Oh wait.......I have too.......

Once I get really started it wont take terrible long.

If anyone wants to help me better describe the Rarity Values of 1 thru 10, I can use that....I just wrote that off the top of my head real fast.

Also, if someone can assign rarity values of 1 thru 10 on the original 125 and sears games, i can use the help.

I will use the price base that is there and then keep searching on ebay completed to adjust. then people can submit any further changes. then i will start on adding more variations and homebrews to the list.

Wow, strange prices sometimes. Here is a short list of my suggestions for some titles:

Super Pro Decathlon - 60

Swords & Serpents - 15

Thin Ice - 50

Tower of Doom - 70

World Cup Soccer - 20

Championship Tennis - 20

Worm Whomper 105

World Series Major League Baseball - 110

Diner - 60

Fathom - 120-140

Hover Force - 35

Ice Trek - 18

Mr. Basic - 30

Pinbal 13

Pole Position - 45

Shark Shark - 17

I love the idea of a rarity guide. I hate the idea of a price guide. My feeling is that it serves to keep prices artificially high if nothing else. Many speculators will use this for nefarious purposes I am sure.

Agreed and a rarity guide will by way of it's rating give a indication of price value without stating it. The problem with prices is that they still vary greatly from country to country. Australia by example currently has very high values for consoles as compared to the majority of sales from the US.

What if we change the prices to a "window" or a price "range" instead if a set price. We all know about what they go for, and this way no one can really use it in that manner. We can use a high/low pricing method.

Example:

Title

Night Stalker

New

6.00-9.00

Mib

4.00-7.00

Loose

1.00-3.00

I would focuss the US market, because its the biggest. I am from Germany and here you can sell a CBS Turbo for 190 and more $, but thats not really the value.

A rarity guide is much harder than a price guide, because you have to suggest the rarity and you have to watch every single market in the world. But since there is this price guide, at least we should correct the games which are listened with too high prices :)

Edit

@ Rev

I think everyone knows that the prices have a certrain range, but maybe its a good idea to show the possible range.

Edited by Ignorama

it's 11.47 pm on this side of the Atlantic. I'm to drunk and to tired to be a real help. ;)

How deep do you want to go with the variants anyway? Different languages of the releases? CBS with different box designs? ...

I will go fairly deep into the variations.

Example: cbs titles. There are 3 or 4 different language versions of a few of the titles. Some are not common than others.

Also every French Canadian title will listed

now i wont go as far into the usa mattel/intv corp/intv inc versions....unless there is a drastic price difference.

Later i may delve into the mattel versions of: German, french, Italian. Etc etc.

i will include imagic and parker and mattel international versions.

Wow, strange prices sometimes. Here is a short list of my suggestions for some titles:

Super Pro Decathlon - 60

Swords & Serpents - 15

Thin Ice - 50

Tower of Doom - 70

World Cup Soccer - 20

Championship Tennis - 20

Worm Whomper 105

World Series Major League Baseball - 110

Diner - 60

Fathom - 120-140

Hover Force - 35

Ice Trek - 18

Mr. Basic - 30

Pinbal 13

Pole Position - 45

Shark Shark - 17

We're talking dollars over here, not Euro's! :lol:

Btw: just sold a loose Dig Dug for $25 shipped to someone here on the forum, was I gypped or what? And a loose Pole Position for $20 shipped. Not a lot of takers at the "suggested price" for some of this stuff here on AA.

Landed me a loose Tutankham for $35 shipped here, so proves what goes around, comes around. :)

FWIW, I try to use broad ranges when offering price opinions. Worm Whomper, for instance, may be $15-40 loose...$75-120 CIB.....as high as $150 mint....maybe $150-200 sealed. Not sure if that's more or less helpful, but the point is that condition is a huge factor. Another thing to consider is that, despite the seeming abundance of hoarders and resellers watching eBay day and night for deals, Intellivision is still a relatively small market on eBay compared to say NES or Atari. For a fun test, search for "Intellivision" on eBay and note the number of hits. Then search "NES" or "Atari" and compare. Granted many of the hits are non-game merchandise, but the others still massively trump Intellivision. The smaller marketshare translates to greater volatility in completed auction prices, which is another great reason to love the Intellivision: there are still some decent deals to be had when building a collection. Know your product, know the market, and be patient. Just my 2 cents.

Very helpful & informative,great effort ! Now put your tin helmet on and await the flak :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think prices are generally under-estimated by active collectors,after all we don't want it becoming the accepted norm that Tutankham is £500 or Diner £200,NOT when we still have to buy it!!! And as Jason wisely said the Intellivision market is not afflicted by the same re-seller volumes of say Sega and worse Nintendo. In the Nintendo market,here at least,bundle prices now often make MORE than what a collector would deem their collective individual value! As traders moved into the SNES/NES/N64 game here we found prices both rose and settled with it too. Wild jumps and 'sudden rarities' didn't happen as much but the need for profits has pushed prices higher,much SNES gear has risen 100% in the past 2 years.It's JUST starting to affect the Gameboy now.

Itll come here too,traders will look to what's left in the retro market with a bigger profit in it and bargains will dry up,large 50 game lots selling for 85%+ of their re-sale value. Good for sellers but not so clever for those actively seeking to add to their collection.

So Im sure you'll hear PLENTY about prices being too HIGH,Id disagree on the whole,prices look good to me,one or 2 maybe on the low side.But Im looking at it from a pretty much Euro noob POV,maybe that's objective for a value guide in a current market ,I think one thing we have to accept is prices ARE rising across the retro games markets

Most games across all formats have risen dramatically price wise on balance. To be honest I just dragged names out of the air with the Diner & Tut but several Diners have made £150+ in the last year,I think one made about £160-odd & about £15 postage to the UK so it was £180 ish all in. Im sure it's possible to pick out odd games that are not quite as sought after as they were a few years ago,perceptions change as to the rarity of individual titles.

The thing is as collectors we're often guilty of harking back to prices of yesteryear,look at things like LF1 and we're kidding ourselves if we think we're getting a CIB one for £80 unless from a naïve seller who has no idea what theyre selling,the big bundle on eBay at present has an open offer to the seller for a ratty boxed one-missing the booklet-of 140 Euros! You have to look at whatever somebody is prepared to pay for a game as the potential new benchmark on price.If it is a blip itll iron out & settle back over time and be proven to be just a spike in price. I deal with loads of Nintendo lads who still quote 2008 prices on everything they want,theyre in cloud cuckoo land as its impossible to buy in at those prices now .

A prime example was about 8 years ago I had a copy of The Mask on SNES. I looked to list it on eBay but couldn't find any history in the last couple of weeks and nobody had any PAL ones listed. So I thought what the hey and listed it at £29.99-people can walk away if they don't like it. Sure enough I received a couple of 'collector' emails giving it 'you are selling this WAAAAAAAAY too expensive,Ill buy it for £12' etc etc. They got up my nose so I ignored them heh heh. The following day a loft clearer listed one.Seeing only mine and figuring his was cleaner he put £39.99 on it. Mine sold an hour later. It took about 4 years before the Mask settled back to its place in the mid teens price wise,inadvertently and due to a shortage over a short period on ebay I 'created' a rarity and near 100% price increase. Stupid really and I subsequently got in loads of loose and boxed Masks and sold them gradually cheaper til the price settled. So rarities crop up for all sorts of daft reasons and come and go if theyre not truly rare,they get 'found out' eventually when the market fills with them again,but my point was we'd have to have some VERY rosy coloured specs on to kid ourselves overall prices have fallen in recent years .

On the whole as a collector and seller of Nintendo gear I'd say markets vary a lot worldwide but the US market usually expects better (cheaper) buying prices than others. Its no doubt similar with Intellivision.The US market is usually better supplied,though lacks good CIB stuff in some areas, I only perceive this due to many US buyers coming to me for UKV and EUR code titles that WERE released in the US but just come up in their 1000s as loose carts now. The UK market is always looking for a bargain but many European buyers are very happy to pay higher prices,particularly in France and Scandinavia and Germany where there are many heavyweight collectors paying prices that set UK market prices

There are still great bargains to be had,mainly because the Intellivision market is a little sheltered from trader attention at the moment-but thatll change,Ive seen it creep across a dozen formats over the past few years and in not too many years from now there'll be more dealers champing at the bit for their profits on Intellivision bundles,hopefully everyone will have their 125s by then!!!!

If anyone knows a few Intellivision games that have dropped dramatically in price Im all ears-anything I can add to my collection at the right money's got to be good. The list of 'top end' priced games seems pretty long and I need most of 'em!!!!!