IGNORED

New Flash MegaCart by BigBen available....

santosp

I have to see it in real, but it has to do with the bit that sets which banks are occupied by the cart. That is the technical difference of a stock 8K cart and a stock 16K cart.

If the cart leaves the 'line' active that controls memory area $8000-9FFF it will waste memory.

It's not a real problem for me, there I'm not going to use this 4MB cart for coding. I'm using other solutions for that.

As soon as I burn my favorite Synassembler (this is an 8K rom) in a 16K cart, I see that memtop is 8KB lower, then when I burn Synassembler in a BASIC cart; which is a 8K cartridge.

package already received. I'm VERY satisfied. Great to see that the cart is already loaded with software.

I have no time yet to try to flash it myself. I'll do some blackbox testing soon Panos. Great package, very good shipping, and nice product. I'm very happy with this.

Thanks!

M.

• Like 1

Guys a last-minute information.

From the now on orders please add on shipment plus 3 euros, because today who I go to post office to send the first parcels, I had a big surprise!!! :-oWith any previous info the Greek post offices decide to integrate any weight lower from 0.5kg to this class automatically. :mad:This means 9 euro total for registered parcels.

Also they have not correct this until now on its site price catalogue!!!

Sorry for this inconvenience my friends. :(

Do you want to pay you an extra 3 euro? It's no problem for me, and I really want to encourage you to keep doing great great things like this.

You only have to whistle, and the money will roll to your side.

(Only Panos can whistle for money, sorry people)

Just another very happy message from my side. Tonight I filled my cart with 4MB of games.

I was used to use 2 AtariMax 8Mbit carts for my most favorite collection. Unfortunately it was not enough to hold ALL my favorite games, but those 2 atarimax carts already did a wonderful job. So I added all the games to the megacartstudio. I was VERY pleased to see that all my games just worked out of the box (where I had to do some tweaking in AtariMax!) without any alterations of settings.

After adding these 2 AtariMax carts with games, I had 2 MegaByte left! Wow 2 MegaByte for extra games, which I also really like. That was a fabulous night... and where I normally finally have to decide which game to leave out, now I did put all (ALL!!) the games I want, on one cart.

It's really fabulous. Great product!

Only pity is that a few of my favorite games only exist as disk game, but ok... that's not the cart fault. In a few days I'm a few days from home. On my vacation address I have an atari 8bit... The only thing now to take with me is this cart.

Thanks all the people involved in this, and thanks again panos for building and handling!

One more time Thank you Marius! :thumbsup: I believe cause happy people is the greatest gift for the maker! :) The same feeling must have also the Author of this project Bernd.

That is, if I understood well if you could use also *.ATR files, would you be happier? :P What a pity that I can not say anything more about it............... :(

Edited by santosp

I´m working on ATR support for the 512k + 4 MB Flash MegaCart. At the moment I don´t have time for posting, I take the time to write the code.

That is interesting, although I am afraid that this will only work with non-complicated disks. Bypassing the I/O on disks, requiers OS-patching.

MyIDE II has a feature to boot ATR disks from the FAT32 part of the disk... this is not very compatible.

Another question: will one day basic files be supported? I love to put Nerm of Bemer on my cart. I love that game. I do not play BASIC games a lot, but Nerm of Bemer and Risky Rescue are two of my favorite Basic games.

Another question: will one day basic files be supported? I love to put Nerm of Bemer on my cart. I love that game. I do not play BASIC games a lot, but Nerm of Bemer and Risky Rescue are two of my favorite Basic games.

It´s on my to do list. I want to say it like Freddie Frinton (Dinner for one) „Well, I’ll do my very best“.

Is it possible to combine two or more projects together without having to make on huge 4MB cart rom that can not be previewed with the emulator.

Hi,

I'm the author of the "Megacart Studio" java tool.

No, it is not easily possible to combine two projects.

However you can right-click on any item in a project and select "Test" to run a quick test in the emulator (if you previously set the path to your emulator in the tool).

You can also save single items (right-click / save) on the harddrive and eventually add them to another project (this would be the approach to combine two projects).

4MB images can not yet be previewed with an emulator, because 4MB is a new cart type.

I hope that Bernd will provide emulator developers with info about the cart, so they could include it in the new software releases.

If you are a Mac user, you will need the newest version (3.4) of the "Megacart Studio" which I attached to this post.

There is a different approach on Mac computers to start external applications which I considered in this version.

Additionally a command line option used for openning "*.car" files in the emulator (default = /cart) can now be customized (for example Atari800MacX does not understand the "/cart" option, so it should be set to an empty string to work properly).

Regards

Marcin

MegacartStudio.zip

• Like 2

Roy, doesn't matter what is your working environment, you can also use the latest Suite version.

Sure, the latest Version (3.4) works fine under Windows (and Linux) as well.

The only advantage for non-Mac users is the possibilty to customize command line option used for starting the emulator.

(can be useful if you are using an emulator that does not understand the default "/cart" option).

Edited by TheMontezuma