IGNORED

New Flash MegaCart by BigBen available....

santosp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Today I found out that this cart does not work (at this moment) on my Atari 800 (48K) Pal. It shows the menu but after selecting an entry it doesn't do anything.

Is this a problem in the software? That easily can be fixed?

(I removed the PCB from the shell, since I couldn't get the shell in the cart slot without using a hammer) The cart works nice on my 800XL and on my 800 it shows the menu but that's all.

I want to turn my Atari 400 (which I have new now) into a cool game console, so I want to fill such a brilliant 4MB cart with titles that will run on OS B 48K

But when this cart is not supported I have to search for another solution. Thanks anyway!

Marius

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I have been trying to look up the bank switching control in the $D5xx area for this MEGACART, looks like 255 16k banks with 255 disabling the cartridge. How hard would it be to use a 2nd $D5xx location just to disable the cartridge and have the first location select all 256 banks? I know many of those logic chips only have 8 data lines and a limited number of address lines, but that would be my ideal for making a cartridge with lots of memory available.