IGNORED

SIO2SD (Lotherek) Opinions ?

ACML

They look nicely made and I'd like to get one or two. Does anyone have experience with recent production quality and functionallity of the Lotherek SIO2SD (assembled) and plain PCB/LCD (kit)? I have an SDRIVE NUXX and the build quality is awesome. I do like the features of the SIO2SD and want at least one. Like I said, they look like the finish quality on the case is very professional. Is it securely mounted (i.e. screws) inside the case which improves reliability with button alignment and such. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I can also vouch for Lotherek and the SIO2SD. The order was hassle free and got to me all the way down in New Zealand without a hitch. The device is superb!

One thing to check though, Lotherek sends an order confirmation for these but it ended up in my Spam folder:( . So if you order it and don't get an e-mail check the spam folder!

Also his e-mail said he was on leave until; September 15th

Cheers

Rel

• 4 weeks later...

Another Lotharek fan here, I've bought both the SIO2Sd and Side Cart and both are professionally made. Also bought an SD loader for the ZX Spectrum which again is excellent quality.

Bit of help please chaps, I'm attempting to copy some of my ATR images from the SIO to my 1050 floppy drive. I've tried 3 or 4 different copying apps but all seem to give read errors reading from the SIO even though the image boots up fine. I have the SIO set up with D1 drive on (with the disk image loaded) and all other drives set to off. The 1050 is set up as D2.

Also should a ATR file 180k in size successfully copy over to a double density disk or is it too big?

Lastly, what would people recommended as the best copying utility?

Thanks in advance chaps.

:-)

I've now successfully managed to transfer ATR files from the SIO2SD to my 1050 drive. One problem I've noticed though is a lot of the games I would like to put to floppy eg Bruce Lee, Dropzone etc the image size is less than 90k, some of them are 20-30k in size which although they run in the SIO2SD don't transfer to a floppy.

Is there any work around or is there a collection online anywhere where the images are the proper 90 or 130k size?