IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

Hi,

I put Basic on these 21 atr's so that they will run on an 800 with "The!Cart". If you just have an XL or XE you don't need these atr's because Basic is built in.

There is probably a better solution to run Basic programs with "The!Cart", that work on an 800, but this is what I came up with.

Put these atr's directly in "The!Cart" Studio Software. Do not use Atarimax or Megacart Software, for they will not run atr's on an 800.

If you want to try the atr's out first on an emulator, make sure Basic is disabled.

Basic Programs for 800.zip

• Like 3

...I'm not in a hurry...

...so you can take my word that I'm not in a hurry...

...I repeat it one more time: no, I'm not in a hurry...

Well i just cancelled my order. I even do not need my money back. I am finished with this. Time to move on.

Five days later... wow... I don't want to know how you behave when you're "in a hurry".

• Like 3

I definitely can see being tired of waiting and wanting to cancel, get the money back, and move on as being a valid argument, but why cancel if you don't care about the money? Just forget about it and move on, then, if/when it does come either be happily surprised and enjoy it, or turn around and put it up for sale because you "moved on." But whatever emotional outburst and choices help in your consolation process is up to the individual. But to just cancel and burn the money, changes absolutely nothing now and you lose out in the long run. I've definitely lost money before and had to move on without it in some situations, but it wasn't by choice.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Five days later... wow... I don't want to know how you behave when you're "in a hurry".

lol I knew one would come with this. I am not in a hurry with the carts. If I was in a hurry I wouldn't cancel the order right? As you can read in my previous posts I am pretty annoyed by the way Megahz does do his communication. I decide to step out. I believe I can make my own decisions and have my own reasons. They have nothing to do with hurry. I don't even need the carts. I do not want to spend more time and energy in this clown. He can keep the money and he can donate the carts I ordered to someone who can't afford them. I am done with this. Edited by ProWizard

Hi all,

Please specify which ones that are. I still have to guess whether mine order is in that batch or not... Thanks!

sorry, there are good reasons why we do not post such information publicly. There is along history to that as part of which all German retro hardware sites were shut down!
That's why I keep track of each order via PM and everybody receives updates via that channel.

Wolfram sent me the info today and you'll be notified that way.

• Like 5

I am not the guy who writes much thats true, but to cancel because of that??

Atari hobby is for me something I enjoy. Simple written: 'Atari is fun'

I noticed that the way this 'The!Cart project' happens, is something that does annoy me. Probably something personal. It is sometimes difficult to rationalise a feeling. Sure people can find my reasons or motivations stupid, that is their right. But I am pretty sure we all have our personal situations where something bothers you where someone else can not understand why and has a complete different feeling/opinion.

I obviously have not succeed in explaining why this all bothered me so much. Well it is a feeling which perhaps isn't possible to explain to someone else. It is MY feeling.

The fact that I decided to cancel without claiming my money back already illustrates and proves that I think that my decision is in some way too hard or perhaps even unfair.

The reason I am no longer interested now, is because my personal experience/feelings about all this do no longer match with my 'Atari hobby is fun' philosophy. For me this has a negative taste, which is linked to my ordered goods, so I decide to let it go. To me that makes pretty much sense. I am a sensitive person. When I am enthusiastic about something I'll let know and act like that and that works very good on the use/experience with the product I have these positive feelings about. And when I'm not it is the other way around. So I do not see me enjoying my ordered carts anymore. That is how I am. People may find that stupid... at least I hope this explanation gives some insight.

I do not want to be the reason that anyone involved in the project has a financial problem due to my cancel. That is why you can keep the money.

I wish you all the luck with this project. To me it is finished now. I hope my explanation is enough insight and I also express the wish to let it be this way. I apologise for any inconvenience.

Greetz

ProWizard

• Like 2

This is crazy - The users remember these things better than the programmer himself. Thanks Doug!

If there are more people with this problem, please tell me. Then I'l think about a standard solution.

Thank you FULS, problem solved.

Two more questions.

Some games don't work in The!Cart Studio, I think because Williams 32KB isn't supported.

Would it be possible to support it?

Five games have a strange name behaviour: after running preview mode, the name is changed to "MaxflashMenu-$1f47-$ffffffff"

For example "Gorf (1982) (Roklan).car". The five games have in common the fact they are AtariMax 128KB but other AtariMax 128KB are OK.

Some games don't work in The!Cart Studio, I think because Williams 32KB isn't supported.

Would it be possible to support it?

Five games have a strange name behaviour: after running preview mode, the name is changed to "MaxflashMenu-$1f47-$ffffffff"

For example "Gorf (1982) (Roklan).car". The five games have in common the fact they are AtariMax 128KB but other AtariMax 128KB are OK.

Since 64k Williams is supported, you can pad the .BIN/.ROM file with 32k zeros using a file editor. Or PM the file then I can do that.

AtariMax cartridges with AtariMax Studio menus are detected and the entries are listed in the effective menu.

You can choose to display them as a single entry (the menu) or directly list each entry on the ROM.

In case of doubt also just PM the file.

• Like 1