IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

You'll get the The!Cart with a few sample game on it just to show it runs correctly. The menu and flasher software is automatically updated when you flash it the first time with you own workbook content.

Did I hear or read somewhere that The!Cart can also be programmed using Atarimax's USB programmer cartridge and work book software? (I already have them)

Did I hear or read somewhere that The!Cart can also be programmed using Atarimax's USB programmer cartridge and work book software? (I already have them)

You can use the Maxflash Cartridge Studio to create 128 KB or 1 MB Atarimax ROMs and put them into a The!Cart workbook.

This is the best way to XEX files because th Maxflash Cartridge Studio has tons of options to tweak the loading process.

You can find all the details in the online help

http://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/thecartstudio/help/TheCartStudio.html

general-studios-sequence.png

You do not need any kind of additional hardware to flash The!Cart. That was a major aim during its design.

Flashing is done directly from the Atari itself using The!Cart's built-in flasher software.

Because of the incremental (delta) flashing and the support for highspeed SIO, updating The!Cart after an intial flash run is no big deal.

• Like 3

@commander: nice work, but please change the number! CXL4028 was choosen in negotiations with the big ones from Atari and reserved for Carol Shaw's Calculator, which is already out for years. Next free number is: CXL4029 and above. Except: CXL8001:

post-32599-0-68595600-1528580832.jpg

Further, it is not just one program... it is nearly the Atari archive on one cart! Therefore: computer programs would be more appropriate.

Some programs use the keyboard, some the joystick, some the paddles, some the tablet, some the light pen and not just one the keypads, as far as I know.

Therefore: use with.... should be altered as well.

Edited by luckybuck
  • Like 2

:-)))))))))

Great!

Yes, 42 is super! 42 is the ultimate answer to all (Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy). :-)))

Star Raiders II (the real McCoy) from Aric should deserve the CXL4029...

Please take into account the different version for carts for XL and XE computers...

Great work! :-)

• Like 1

The!Cart Studio Update Released

Thanks to FULS and Tigerduck for testing/feedback.

2018-06-17

• The preview option ("CTRL-T") has been enhanced. When no or no valid path to an emulator is configured in the global options and no default application for ".car" files is registered, a file chooser dialog now prompts for selecting the emulator executable to be used. If a valid executable is chosen, it is also saved in the global options. Note that there is currently a bug in the JDK, so detection not always works. See JDK-8204537 . You can work around this by manually entering the path in the oprtions.
  • The ATR loader now clears the memory locations $80-$ff and from the end of the loader (around $2000) to $9fff before the boot process. This fixes incompatibilies with programs that assume these locations to be zero, like for example Turbo-Basic XL 1.4.
  • Like 6

With the permission of commander I have included the final "classic" label in the shell download and the web site.

I also found an older request stating that some HOMESOFT ATRs do not work correctly. I checked and saw that esp. the older HOMESOFT disks use the memory $113-$1ff for their loader.
This is the same area the The!Cart menu ATR loader uses by default.

The solution is to explicitly set a different base address for the ATR in the The!Cart Studio.

Make the "Parameter" column visible via the context menu and change the "base=$0100" to "base=$0500".
Leave all other parameters untouched.

post-17404-0-94648300-1529360387_thumb.png

• Like 2

Any news on continued production of THE!CART? Some of us are still anxiously awaiting our carts...7 months and counting from time of payment...maybe I need to throw a fit like others and get results like they did? ;) It would mean a lot to me to get my "Christmas" present to myself in time for my birthday in August instead...I've never payed for something before one Christmas and have to wait until the next to receive it, might be nice to keep that record. :sleep:

Edited by Gunstar

Gunstar - not sure where you are in the list. I was in the latest batch of items shipped. I paid on 11-17-2017, received on 5-25-2018. Please keep in mind, these are being made in small batches (I believe by hand), and are using 3D-printed shells which I am sure take several hours per shell to print. Wolfram has also had some intervening health issues during this production run.

• Like 1

That's a good question Stephen, where am I on the list? I asked to be put on the list back in the spring/summer of 2016, through the official THE!CART web site email. Fall 2017 comes around and they said they contacted everyone on the list to send payment as production would start Dec. 20th (which I found out after the fact by asking here) I was never contacted and had to ask in this very thread why not. Jac said no worries, just send the money, which I did. So, I suppose that would put me off the list completely somehow, and probably put back on the bottom. Then when they had their problems early in the year, and asked for more money from people who ordered, I didn't have any extra to give, so I guess a lot of people were put ahead of me on the "new list" of those who contributed more. Honestly I'm not sure of anything, I never got any reply at all to my sending payment, everything I know I've had to ask and find out in this thread. All this uncertainty I feel give me special reason to be anxious and wonder when mine is coming. In hind sight, if I'd known it'd be this way, I probably never would have ordered, I could have ordered and received similar items even since I paid for this one. But at this point, I'm probably absolute last on any "list" IF I am even on it at all and haven't just been forgotten again by the person I actually sent the money too, whom I have never heard from or been in contact with.

Edited by Gunstar