IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

The

Registration is enough to be able to buy?
Would it be possible for some items to be sold outside ABUC members?

Yes, that would be great! I am also interested in one, please :)

The shop is restricted to the members of the club (i.e. forum registration is not sufficient). It is one of the benefits payed by the membership fee which was also used to fund the production upfront. Best would be if you have an A.B.B.U.C. member nearby. In the past, the club also sold to non-member in special cases for a small additional fee. I think it would be best if you drop a mail to the head of the club wolfgang at abbuc.de in that case.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK I went to the website and I still have no idea what this product does. Other than it having flash memory and ram that is. For use new again Atari owners, can someone explain what this thing does?

For example can I get a file of ROM images somewhere, load them on this thing then play them like a old fashioned single ROM?

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I just learned about The!Cart. Is there gerber files available for the PCB? Or even just schematic? Thanks!

Hi, CPLD (https://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/#thecart) , shell (http://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/thecart/thecart.zip) and software (http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/productions-atari800/tools/thecartstudio) are available for download. As for the PCB I'll ask Wolfram if you want's to release it. But be aware it double sided heavily packed SMD and the chips are meanwhile hard to get.

• Like 2

Is there gerber files available for the PCB? Or even just schematic?

I chatted with mega_hz today, and he does not want to release them. If you are interested in The!Cart please send a PM. I'm collecting requests to see if we can have another batch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The!Cart Studio Update: 2019-06-02

- The boot sequence now correctly disables and locks The!Cart if SELECT was pressed. This fixes the problem that The!Ramdisk driver sees The!Cart even though it is not usable. The!Ramdisk will be released asap.
- On Windows the TheCartStudio.exe can now be associated with the ".tcw" file extension. This way you can have file type icons and open the workbook file via double click from the Windows Explorer or by dragging workbook file on the executable or its link.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

The!Cart Studio Update: 2019-07-20

The values for the reduced keyboard delay and increased repeat speed and now set only based on the PAL/NTSC type of the machine. This fixes the problem of the menu not being usable because the speed was too high if the OS has already set non-standard speeds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, JAC! said:

The!Cart Studio Update: 2019-07-20

If the OS is a standard OS, the speed is doubled as in the previous versions of the menu. If the OS is modified and uses non-standard values for the keyboard delay and repeat speed, these values are now kept unchanged. This fixes the problem of the menu not being usable because the speed was too high.

Hello JAC!

I am getting internal server error download attempts for both the macOS and Windows versions. I tried downloading from the Tools page on your site, which didn’t work, but the link in the Downloading the program in the help page does work, although not for the macOS version. 

On 7/20/2019 at 9:50 PM, KlasO said:

Hello JAC!

I am getting internal server error download attempts for both the macOS and Windows versions. I tried downloading from the Tools page on your site, which didn’t work, but the link in the Downloading the program in the help page does work, although not for the macOS version. 

Hello KlasO, 

thanks for pointing this out. Originally 3 different downloads were planned, later I decided to package it all into one .zip for simplicity. The productions overview is fixed now.

- Peter.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Update: 2019-08-29

• The default file name for the "Export To ATR Programming Images (16MB)" is now fixed to "Part.atr". The resulting export files are then named "Part_1.atr" to "Part_9.atr". This ensures that devices like SIO2USB and SIO2SD, which only display "8.3" file names, can actually display the full file name and users do not mix up the parts.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Successful day at the Chaos Computer Club, we finally fixed Mich1010's problem with this Atari 400. Solution has been added to the The!Cart FAQ:

• There was one case reported where an Atari 400 with built-in Super Color CPU Card didn't work correctly with The!Cart (2017). As it turned out, the reason is was the change impedance caused by the board. Exchanging the SMD resistor marked with "5K6" on the The!Cart PCB with a 8K2 resistor fixed the problem. 
  • Like 2

The!Cart Studio Update 2019-10-28 Released

• Executable files (COM,EXE,XEX) can now be added directly to the workbook.
    Previously they had to be copied to an ATR disk image or be included in an AtariMax ROM.
    For now, only files with a valid RUNADR ($2e0) segment will start, just like under DOS 2.5.
    The corresponding sections in the documentation have been updated with the advantages and disadvantages.
    Pro-Con.thumb.png.4d917425e6a8c48e806dad1e79bac5d0.png

• Bootmanager by Mike Langer is now included in the The!Cart studio download and online help.
    While adding executable files direcly in the workbook is possible, adding them onto an ATR disk image with the boot manager first, and then adding the ATR disk image has advantages.
    ATR disk images work with sectors of 128 or 256 bytes. So if multiple file are copied to one disk, at most 127 or 255 bytes of space are wasted per file on a full disk. If you add executable files direcly, you waste 8191 bytes of space per file in the worst case.
  • In addition to the HELP key, the ATARI/INVERSE key now also displays a built-in help menu that explains all controls.
    This solves the problem that there is no HELP key on the Atari 400 and the Atari 800.

• If the application detects that a new version is available, it prompts the user if the download should be performed.
    If the user confirms the download of the new version, the current application instance is now closed automatically, so it's files can be  replaced.

So now all mentioned file types work.

general-sequence.png

And putting them on an ATR has been added to the recommended options.

general-studios-sequence.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

JAC!

Is there any way to get this "Bounty Bob Strikes Back" on this ATR to work with TheCart!

This is the best ever file version of BBSB. It survives the Reset Button pressed. All others after reset is pressed locks-up on screen #2 hydraulic lift.

Plus you can use the easter egg cheat codes.

BOUNTY.com

GAMES049.ATR

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 1:54 AM, JAC! said:

Previously they had to be copied to an ATR disk image or be included in an AtariMax ROM.

Big thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:54 PM, JAC! said:

For now, only files with a valid RUNADR ($2e0) segment will start, just like under DOS 2.5.
    The corresponding sections in the documentation have been updated with the advantages and disadvantages.

Am I missing something? When I insert .XEX files, they show up as Unknown. And there isn't a group option to change Content Type, I have to change each .xex file individually to executable.