IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, patjomki said:

What is the latest version of the!cart config software? I have a version that says (c) 2014-2017 Hiassoft & mega-hz, software version: 2017-09-24

This is the info Box of my version:grafik.png.ded503e029f6835f1c0f0d6cc0d3b501.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Reading through the documentation for Exporting a Workbook, I see:

Export Format Description Supported Flash Types
BIN Cartridge Image Single plain binary cartridge file without header information with exactly the size specified by the flash type. Can be used directly to burn or flash the cartridge file to a physical cartridge with an arbitrary eprommer or flasher. You can also run the cartridge file in an emulator like Atari800, Atari800Win or Altirra. The emulator will try to detect the cartridge type from the ROM size and content. In case of doubt the emulator will prompt you for the correct cartridge type every time you open they cartridge file. Therefore using the "CAR Cartridge Image" export instead in recommended in this case. AtariMax 128k
AtariMax 1MB
The!Cart 128MB
User Defined
CAR Cartridge Image Single extended binary cartridge file with header information. Can be used directly run the cartridge file in an emulator like Atari800, Atari800Win or Altirra. The emulator will detect the cartridge type directly from the header, so you don't have to select in when opening the cartridge file. AtariMax 128k
AtariMax 1MB
The!Cart 128MB
User Defined

But when I make I workbook, even a small one of a single 8K cart, I can only get a successful export of .CAR or .BIN to the The!Cart format.  If I select from Workbook Options- AtariMax 1MB, or User Defined / XEGS 1MB the exported BIN or CAR image will not load in Altirra 4.0 - I get a crashed system, sometimes garbage.  

My goal was to make a menu driven multicart by burning an EPROM and putting it in an XEGS banking board (Bryan Edwaard of UAV fame made one) - so I really need a BIN.  

Any help to see if it's possible would be appreciated!

13 hours ago, cbelcher said:

My goal was to make a menu driven multicart by burning an EPROM and putting it in an XEGS banking board (Bryan Edwaard of UAV fame made one) - so I really need a BIN.  

Any help to see if it's possible would be appreciated!

Based on the question I'm not sure if this would be your own menu and ROM content and which bank size and cartridge sizes you're aiming at. I'd be creating own selection screen and include the ROM banks in the code. This can all be done rather easily in assembly with MADS. ... if you are an assembly programmer :-). If not you can sent a PM.

• 7 months later...

The!Cart Studio Update 2023-05-20 Available for Testing

Thanks to a limitless time budget here at H.A.T.Z. (Hunsrücker Atari Tage Zweitausend, small Atari 8-bit party in South Germany) I was finally able to bring everything back to a clean state after a long time. New Java version, new Eclipse version. See commit history The change from 14.10.2020 fixed the ATR handling for some images, but caused other errors. I finally found a solution for that. Also the new menu from HomeSoft has a number of changes that made it incompatible with the current logic. Now more entries fit on one disc, because 256 bytes are used for the directory sectors. Now works as far as I could test it. All entries appears in the search and can be started directly from there. Now more entries fit on one disc, because 256 bytes are used for the directory sectors.

The new daily version is available here for testing. I'm looking forward to your feedback.
https://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/thecartstudio-daily/thecartstudio.zip

https://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/thecartstudio-daily/help/TheCartStudio.html

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

JAC!

Is there a way to do a search with the "-" symbol?

For example, to search for all the  Pac-Man games.

The only way I can see them all is to search "Pac" but then I get a lot of other listings I don't want.

I think you reserved the "-" symbol for UP one selection on the menu.

Typing "Pacman" or "Pac man" will not display "Pac-man" games.

Thanks in advance for all the work you've done on this project,

Doug

On 5/30/2023 at 10:56 PM, FULS said:

JAC!

Is there a way to do a search with the "-" symbol?

I think you reserved the "-" symbol for UP one selection on the menu.

https://github.com/wudsn/thecartstudio/issues/2
Currently the cursor keys "+-=*" are handled no matter if Control is pressed is not. This is different from the normal OS behavior. I think it would be OK to handle them only with Control held down, like the OS does. 

Opinions?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JAC! said:

https://github.com/wudsn/thecartstudio/issues/2
Currently the cursor keys "+-=*" are handled no matter if Control is pressed is not. This is different from the normal OS behavior. I think it would be OK to handle them only with Control held down, like the OS does. 

Opinions?

I agree. Only move if the CONTROL key is held down, otherwise if CONTROL is not held down print the character to the screen.

Also, on the Menu of THE CART! the first Genres is "All". Could that position on the Genres menu be user defined like the others I create, possibly where somebody would prefer it displayed last.

Thanks again,

Doug

• Like 1

Hello Ken

5 hours ago, kenames99 said:

theCart is out of production, isn't it?

If you're a member of the ABBUC, you'll find some in the ABBUC shop.  "Mitglieder" --> "Mitgliedershop" --> "Hardware"

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2023 at 2:45 AM, Mathy said:

Hello Ken

If you're a member of the ABBUC, you'll find some in the ABBUC shop.  "Mitglieder" --> "Mitgliedershop" --> "Hardware"

Sincerely

Mathy

Completely unrelated, but what is the point of having an e-shop behind a paywall? 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pseudografx said:

Business-wise, wouldn't it make more sense to have the e-shop open to all and then maybe provide a small discount for members? :)

It would make sense, if the German law for "eingetragene Vereine" would be better. Taxes are very difficult then and thus most e.V. sell only to members, like ABBUC does. 

• Like 1

Hello, the shop (better: bazaar for the members) may not be made public for legal reasons. 
ABBUC is a club, a community of like-minded people, and is not allowed to make a profit. 
The sale in the shop is at cost price. We also have used items, from member donations. 
The shop is an added value for members.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

with over 600,000 registered associations or 'clubs' they sure to rake in the money with all of the legality handling fees et el. So  I'd guess that there is enough of an offset in savings from internal swaps, bazaar (stores), and the like to make it worth it. The government gets a cut of the pie either way, it's just the size of that slice that varies.

It's definitely a way to lessen the burden on the the people in the association, and I'd expect it's a necessity otherwise who could afford to do anything. So where 3 or more German people gather, you might have an association created... ( it's actually 7 for registered associations and clubs last explained to me ) but that's the ongoing joke. People have to find a way and it's the legal issue of governmental hoops needing to be met. Quite the quandary, but that's they way of things as you grow up in Deutschland.

• 2 months later...

The!Cart Studio Update 2023-08-28 Available for Testing

While "The!Cart Studio" is written in Java and runs where Java is available, having a native program version simplifies the usage for regular users. When macOS and Windows stopped supporting 32-bit applications some years ago, the existing native wrappers stopped working. I started working on a toolset that enabled me to create all native versions from a single Java source without copying and adapting countless files. I am happy to release the native 64-bit versions of "The!Cart" for Windows, macOS (Intel and ARM), and Linux based on my new toolset today.

image.thumb.png.f738b975eee27ec502b54171dbb493e5.png

I've also reworked all English and German text documentation and program texts again for correctness and readability using Grammarly. This includes over 600 adaptations.

The new version is available here for you to test.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Additional Update
As requested by several users, I've changed the handling of the cursor keys to require "CONTROL".Hence, you can now enter "+-=*" as characters in the search field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3