IGNORED

About a Bruce Lee II (convert from Windows recent)

José Pereira

Back in the day - I was a big fan of Bruce Lee. Even aware of his first big Hollywood film and of the sad news he wasn't able to view the final cut.

I did think the Atari 800 videogame as OK as such - but for me, it didn't really capture the essence of his movies, etc. And it was only until the appearance of the StreetFighter II games - did it all come into fruition.

International Karate was significantly better - but not so much it's II version. On the ST/Amiga - it's 16-bit version did not reach the graphic height as it should have - enter StreetFighter II to do that.

I would like to see something more along the lines of SF2 being done? But is this the A8 hardware capable of? Doing something better than Chop Suey? There's enough sprite sheets available to make the graphics task easier.

The figures in Bruce Lee are too small to my liking - and the combat small like too - reminding me Last Ninja scale - but this is what the hardware can comfortably handle?

I probably seen almost every Bruce Lee doco ever made? And sat through that extra long Bruce Lee China produced drama TV series - which wasn't badly produced at all, though it tend to focus a lot on family and other relationships of his, which one can guess was purely made up - just for TV?

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove

I would like to see something more along the lines of SF2 being done? But is this the A8 hardware capable of? Doing something better than Chop Suey? There's enough sprite sheets available to make the graphics task easier.

The figures in Bruce Lee are too small to my liking - and the combat small like too - reminding me Last Ninja scale - but this is what the hardware can comfortably handle?Harvey

If you have a closer look, Chop Suey is the best of all those games, as there were not just "5" different Animation steps. The movement, the jumps, they look incredibly fluent... The game suffers mostly by the presentation.

Much better? Well, technically it is the border of the possible, as already 32 bytes width is set and double scanline mode gives a lot of CPU ressources.