IGNORED

Collector's Cards and Games

boxpressed

Ridiculous....Apparently they could give 2 shits about business half the time....I gave up already...I went ahead & paid a little more on Ebay & Amazon just to have piece of mind & stop wasting my time....&making angry comments about collectors being a pain in the ass by making him get up & check the condition & availiablity of the games he advertises...what a joke...They're in the wrong business if that's the way they look at things...&Upgrade your site FFS....It's 2014,isn't there some basic software you can use to simply catalog what you have & remove what gets sold..Absolutely absurd

Edited by Stevaside

Upgrade your site FFS....It's 2014,isn't there some basic software you can use to simply catalog what you have & remove what gets sold..Absolutely absurd

Bahahaha.. Not to defend Collector's Cards, but clearly you haven't experienced Best Electronics' website. Their site makes CC&G's look like something out of Star Trek.

Lol no, I have ordered from Best. It's not as bad IMO because its much quicker to scroll through their list of games, there's alot fewer being there Atari only as well...and I'm sure the inventory is updated much more frequently. I've had nothing but good experiences with him, and he strikes me as someone who actually cares about his customers. But yea that site does look like something out of 1996 hahaha

I figured his order system was just sending him an email, but maybe with a unique header or something ("Order #/Date/Time" versus a generic "hi do you have these games" header. Of course, I'm just speculating here).

I tried looking through my email history to see how he responded to me in the past, but it looks like I blew them away in one of my recent mailbox cleanups.

I sent an e-mail a week ago, still waiting for response...

Did you guys try ccandgames@comcast.net or collectorscardsandgames@gmail.com?

Did you guys try ccandgames@comcast.net or collectorscardsandgames@gmail.com?

No, I used their order tab. :P

Seriously though, when I do a search for their name in my Gmail, the only one that comes up is collhse@optonline.net. Granted, this was a couple of years ago, and I don't even know if it's for the same people. Unless it's for some random eBay seller, I haven't dealt with any other CC&G.

No, I used their order tab. :P

Seriously though, when I do a search for their name in my Gmail, the only one that comes up is collhse@optonline.net. Granted, this was a couple of years ago, and I don't even know if it's for the same people. Unless it's for some random eBay seller, I haven't dealt with any other CC&G.

That was the old email I think back when he lived in New Jersey. The emails I posted were ones I received from him this past March.

haha I known Mike for a long time. maybe since late 90's? I went to his house when he lived in Jersey and kinda seen the behind the scene of his work. It was pretty nuts and the volume of games he has was unbelievable. Back in early 2000's I was out of work from a knee accident and operation. So I offered I would help him out in return for some games! since I couldn't go to work for months and pulling my hair out! So he had me testing games, systems, controllers, cleaning Atari games which he had no shit well over 7 to 10 thousand of them! after a week or so there was no end in sight. So how he did this, pull orders, post office, countless trips to the storage units, pulling big orders that people never follow though with? being a dad of three and husband?? F THAT.

I kinda know after he moved to Florida he still has storage units of shit up here? Not 100% but think he has a full time job working in a whole other field with thoughts of maybe getting out of the gaming market? So the last couple of years I can see how he has started to slip on his end. And I know if he knows that something is broken or doesn't work it goes into the broken or non working pile and would never sell knowing this.

Above are just some of the true facts I know about the dude. Is he cheap on buying games? yeah maybe? Is it wrong not to return an email or phone call yup totally!! do I see him putting in the time on doing a new web site and doing a complete inventory of 50,000 games of every type of condition nope! is his current site out of date yup maybe 15 years out of date!!

well that's it for me! hahaha

Matt

I've ordered from Collector's Cards and Games several times and never had a problem. I never used the online order form, though, I always sent him a plain e-mail asking about something he had listed. Last thing I ordered from him was a lime-green Game Boy Color and a broken GBA SP, and he went out of his way to find a GBA SP suitable for my purposes. I'd highly recommend him.

haha I known Mike for a long time. maybe since late 90's? I went to his house when he lived in Jersey and kinda seen the behind the scene of his work. It was pretty nuts and the volume of games he has was unbelievable. Back in early 2000's I was out of work from a knee accident and operation. So I offered I would help him out in return for some games! since I couldn't go to work for months and pulling my hair out! So he had me testing games, systems, controllers, cleaning Atari games which he had no shit well over 7 to 10 thousand of them! after a week or so there was no end in sight. So how he did this, pull orders, post office, countless trips to the storage units, pulling big orders that people never follow though with? being a dad of three and husband?? F THAT.

I kinda know after he moved to Florida he still has storage units of shit up here? Not 100% but think he has a full time job working in a whole other field with thoughts of maybe getting out of the gaming market? So the last couple of years I can see how he has started to slip on his end. And I know if he knows that something is broken or doesn't work it goes into the broken or non working pile and would never sell knowing this.

Above are just some of the true facts I know about the dude. Is he cheap on buying games? yeah maybe? Is it wrong not to return an email or phone call yup totally!! do I see him putting in the time on doing a new web site and doing a complete inventory of 50,000 games of every type of condition nope! is his current site out of date yup maybe 15 years out of date!!

Matt

It MUST be a full time endeavor, like Trade and Games or Atari2600.com or like you said, it's just too overwhelming. I really can't imagine that he gets enough business from his outdated site to make it worth digging, looking for the stuff. Also, so far I've one read one maybe two complaints here about the condition of new items.

It MUST be a full time endeavor, like Trade and Games or Atari2600.com or like you said, it's just too overwhelming. I really can't imagine that he gets enough business from his outdated site to make it worth digging, looking for the stuff. Also, so far I've one read one maybe two complaints here about the condition of new items.

I know it used to be? I haven't really kept in touch with him since he moved a few years back. I know he said it was getting to be a bit much and wouldn't mind getting a normal job and spending more time on family. This was a 7 day a week operation for him for a long time!

Matt

Yea I feel bad now...He actually called back the next day, I requested to buy a few games & he told me he would get back to me in a couple days to finalize my order. He explained how swamped he had been. I was really frustrated the other day when I went on that rant here lol...In all the years I've been collecting, I've always been used to being able to call or email a place & get a instant or quick response, be told on the spot whether they have games in question I'm looking for. Reading the negative experiences here just really added fuel to the fire. He did seem like a nice guy at least during this particular convo. Just got me real pissed emailing about games & then anxiously waiting every day for about a week for a response & then no phone return call that day. I was convinced I was never going to hear anything. I just hope the loose carts I order have the labels attached/look somewhat decent. Still kinda paranoid about the condition of his carts, but we will see I guess

I'vr tried over the years to order from collectors cards and games. Mike has never had what I asked for listed on his site but he says he keeps my email incase he gets one in. So far I havent heard back from them ever. So I've never successfully ordered from them.

Update:

Well about 5 days after he told me he would get back to me in a few days, I decided to call back. He answered right away this time, told me my order was almost finished & should be by the end of the day. I also added a couple more games to my order. I requested for him to send me an email when it was shipped, but I just got one that showed what I was billed with no list of games. I was a little anxious because I could tell by the price one or 2 of the games I asked for weren't in stock, but wasn't told which one. Instead of bugging him, I just let it go & decided to be patient til they arrived. I honestly was expecting it to take like a week or more, but 2 days after I spoke to him, there the package was in my mailbox. Just one game was missing, the rest he had in stock (I believe a total of 10) & all were in good condition (all loose tho, didn't order any boxed). Thought I should mention he told me the majority of the loose carts on their site should be in stock, it was the boxed that weren't updated as much.

All in all, there were a few quirks here & there & I could have done without all the waiting around....but in the end I got a sweet ass deal for what I paid, which made dealing with him worth it in the long run. He really has some good prices, for all systems I looked at..And I would guess things were smoother before he changed location. If they can get their shit together as far as inventory & faster response, they'd be one of the best

• 1 month later...

Well here we go again...After a couple timely, but succesful communcation attempts & orders......Now it's been over 2 weeks since Ive contacted him about a few 7800 games I wanted & NOTHING!.......Initially I e-mailed, then called a few days later after never getting a response...He told me again that he was busy & that he would get back to me...more than 1 week after I still didn't hear anything so I called one more time, left a voicemail & now here over 2 weeks later I can't even be told whether a game store has a couple games in stock that I am willing to pay for....Ridiculous...He has some good prices, but this guy REALLY needs to get his shit together...the stuff you go through is just unheard of anywhere else

• 6 months later...

Just completed a fantastic transaction with Mike for a fairly high-end game and am absolutely happy and satisfied with it :)

As with previous transactions Mike was easy to get a hold of, provided excellent communication and pictures, and fast shipping at a very fair rate. His prices are still good, too.

Yea well maybe your just lucky or he got it together more recently, because I gave up....Months ago I emailed a list of Lynx games I wanted, he didn't get back to me til almost 1 month after I sent it so by then I already had the games shipped from someone else...He sent me a Genesis game that didn't work..when I finally got ahold of him about it he said I could send it back & I told him I had a few other games I'd like to send in to trade towards credit. He said that was fine, so like 3 emails to him later he NEVER got back to me & I'm still stuck with a non-working game.

I choosed four manuals a couple of months ago through the website (the buy form), turns out Mike didn't have two of the manuals, but anyways I ordered the other two.

Just received both of them very well packed, so another successful transaction here :)

• Like 1

Yea well maybe your just lucky or he got it together more recently, because I gave up....Months ago I emailed a list of Lynx games I wanted, he didn't get back to me til almost 1 month after I sent it so by then I already had the games shipped from someone else...He sent me a Genesis game that didn't work..when I finally got ahold of him about it he said I could send it back & I told him I had a few other games I'd like to send in to trade towards credit. He said that was fine, so like 3 emails to him later he NEVER got back to me & I'm still stuck with a non-working game.

Luck, or simply checking often enough to notice updates to the inventory lists for the various systems. Then again, I did ask for an image or so before sending payment so as to confirm the item was what I was interested in buying. Mike was and always has been happy to oblige, both by email and over the phone for various requests.

Luck, or simply checking often enough to notice updates to the inventory lists for the various systems. Then again, I did ask for an image or so before sending payment so as to confirm the item was what I was interested in buying. Mike was and always has been happy to oblige, both by email and over the phone for various requests.

Lol what does checking the inventory have to do with anything? He even admitted it was very outdated. Half of the games I ever wanted that were listed on the website I was told he no longer had.

Not getting a reply for 2 weeks to a month on several occasions+ 3 ignored emails from at least 6-7 months ago or more is the furthest thing away from "easy to get a hold of " & "excellent communication" to me, cuz that was my experience from him & from what I remember reading on here, I'm not alone either. He has great prices though, I will give him that, which was the only reason I ever put up with the most unprofessional customer service I've ever had in my 18 years of collecting from him

Edited by Stevaside

I've had nothing but simple transactions.

Am I reading this correctly?

He has great prices though, I will give him that, which was the only reason I ever put up with the most unprofessional customer service I've ever had in my 18 years of collecting from him

You have purchased things from him for ages and now somehow feel bad? So is 18 years the breaking point and yet you purchased the whole time yet frustrated with the lack of professionalism? Odd.

Edited by skosh

I've had nothing but simple transactions.

Am I reading this correctly?

You have purchased things from him for ages and now somehow feel bad? So is 18 years the breaking point and yet you purchased the whole time yet frustrated with the lack of professionalism? Odd.

I worded that wrong...should have said the customer service I've had from him has been the worst I've had in 18 years of collecting classic games. If you would have read my earlier parts of this thread, you would see I'm new to buying from him...but sure you knew what I meant anyway

Edited by Stevaside

...He sent me a Genesis game that didn't work..& I'm still stuck with a non-working game.

That's why I will never buy anything but Lynx games when he's at TooManyGames. In the past I've bought Star Wars, Gyruss and Nexar 2600 carts from him and neither of them worked. Maybe they were PAL - I just know I scrubbed the piss out of those carts and they never worked. There may have been others but those are the three carts I remember because they weren't cheap.

A couple of years ago I started bringing my Lynx with me since he's probably the only vendor there that sells Lynx carts. I'll try any loose cart in my Lynx before I buy and frequently he has carts that won't boot up. If they're sealed in the box I will buy those as well as any loose carts that test fine.

Another time my son bought a Mario GB cart from him that didn't boot up. We returned it to him (my son left his GB in the car) and exchanged it for another copy that worked when tested. He said that the other one "probably just needed cleaned" but with his history of selling defective carts I didn't want to take the chance.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So I recently bought a game at Too Many Games that doesn't work and I'm trying to track down who the seller was, thinking it might be CC&G. I know some of you have seen this seller at cons. Is the dude bald on top, with hair on the sides? Has his kids help him running his table? I know I didn't see any cards at this booth I bought from, but I heard from someone that the dude I'm looking for is based in Florida. Wanna be sure.