IGNORED

Collector's Cards and Games

boxpressed

So I recently bought a game at Too Many Games that doesn't work and I'm trying to track down who the seller was, thinking it might be CC&G. I know some of you have seen this seller at cons. Is the dude bald on top, with hair on the sides? Has his kids help him running his table? I know I didn't see any cards at this booth I bought from, but I heard from someone that the dude I'm looking for is based in Florida. Wanna be sure.

LOL - that's him. <sarcasm> And what a shocker that your games don't work </sarcasm>

Off the top of my head I bought Nexar, Star Wars The Arcade Game and Gyruss (there was a couple more) for the 2600 (which you probably know aren't cheap) from him at TMG and none of them worked.

A Harmony cart solved that problem.

Let us know how it goes trying to get a refund.

LOL - that's him. <sarcasm> And what a shocker that your games don't work </sarcasm>

Off the top of my head I bought Nexar, Star Wars The Arcade Game and Gyruss (there was a couple more) for the 2600 (which you probably know aren't cheap) from him at TMG and none of them worked.

A Harmony cart solved that problem.

Let us know how it goes trying to get a refund.

Wow, seems to be a theme. For me, it was a Sega Saturn game. One small scratch on an obviously resurfaced disc, and my machine can't read it at all. He had two copies, don't know if I should attempt a refund or do an exchange. Maybe he could test the other one before exchanging it? How easy is this guy to deal with when it comes to problems?

I don't know how this works out. If I'm the dealer, how would I know that you didn't swap out what I sold you with a known non-working game?

That's business, need to have faith in your customers. Couldn't the same be argued by any game store out there who's ever had a problem with a customer's game not working? He does have an exchange policy posted on his site. I didn't see anywhere where he said that all sales are final. I mean, I'll send the thing back to him. Beats the heck out of me why it doesn't work, it looks pretty darn good.

Edited by Warmsignal

I have done business with him for about ten years and agree about the attitude sometimes and I am as picky as they come. That being said, Mike is a stand up guy. I have bought and sold and he is a straight and honest person. For that alone, I will always check with him before looking elsewhere and willinging to deal with the fact that he gets overwhelmed at times or simply does not have the time to take a picture of an Atari 2600 manual for me. ;) but eventually he auctually will. Call or E-mail him, its the best way to do business with him. As far as return policy, luckily I have never had a problem and I know he used to test everything before it went out the door. He used to be in PA and now he is in FLA

Edited by slackerwithin

• 1 year later...

Hate to necromance, but I just filed an order through their site. The prices of the items I was looking at are almost too good to be true and, to be honest, I didn't expect their business to still be alive so I googled it and landed here ;) I could tell that some of their pricing was a few years old already and that's what triggered my doubts.

I did call the phone number on the site and left a voicemail. At least the message says it's Collector's Cards and Games. There IS hope. Has anyone bought anything from them recently?

Last time I dealt with them and actually got product from them was in the early 2000s. I have sent orders for items as recent as a year ago and received a reply back a little over a week later stating the items weren't in stock. As such I've not really tried to place any more orders since I never know what they have or actually don't have. And the pricing they do have listed isn't completely accurate either. I did remember that Mike did have 1 or two of the items I requested, but the prices he gave in his return email were higher than his website. So the website is really just to give you an idea on the kinds of things they might have and prices they used to be priced at one time or could be currently. Just have to contact them and find out and I just find the process a hassle.

Having said that, when I dealt with Mike in the past he was courteous on the phone and through emails. So if I knew really what he had in stock and for what actual prices, I'd be more inclined to purchase from him.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Yes, they're still around, but you really should email about availability ahead of an order. Mike does that all by himself, and is often away at shows and conventions and therefore inable to immediately check inventory of some of the slower selling items of his. Just email and be patient, and you'll have a good order. As for the prices, he simply still has a lot of older stock. Things balance out, though- what you might save in price will cost you in time and waiting. If there's something you have to have asap, just spend the extra amount on Ebay or Amazon. Otherwise, email and wait. Mike's a good guy, and when I last bought from him about two months ago, I realized our email chain was dozens of messages going back over a decade.

He has a few things I'm interested in for a more niche system so I emailed him first. If he's got them and honors the price on the page I'll grab the stuff.

If he has it by the way if someone wants those Zelda CDI games they are listed as complete and priced notably under ebay if you're a CDI lover or total Zelda collector. I went skimming all sorts of lists as I forgot this old HTML looking website even existed. I know I saw this site in the late 90s.

He has a few things I'm interested in for a more niche system so I emailed him first. If he's got them and honors the price on the page I'll grab the stuff.

If he has it by the way if someone wants those Zelda CDI games they are listed as complete and priced notably under ebay if you're a CDI lover or total Zelda collector. I went skimming all sorts of lists as I forgot this old HTML looking website even existed. I know I saw this site in the late 90s.

Sounds like my experience with 'em just now. They emailed me saying most of the items haven't been in stock for years and they don't have time to list/price their stuff. Meh. Still asked them to touch base when they can, but I have to wonder how they keep operating not knowing what they have in their inventory or how much it costs hahahaha.

Hopefully you'll have more luck with you CD-i endeavours. I'm into 3DO, so I know the feels.

I wrote them 2 days ago about inventory on some stuff and it has gone ignored. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if someone is that lazy they're running a mid 1990s HTML style webpage generic text list and takes their time to update it, if ever, on top of not responding to mails.

I'm not into CDi, just was pointing that out. I'm into SNK stuff.

Sounds like my experience with 'em just now. They emailed me saying most of the items haven't been in stock for years and they don't have time to list/price their stuff. Meh. Still asked them to touch base when they can, but I have to wonder how they keep operating not knowing what they have in their inventory or how much it costs hahahaha.

Hopefully you'll have more luck with you CD-i endeavours. I'm into 3DO, so I know the feels.

There's no "they" to it- just the same one man who's been running it all for around 20 years. Since you mention those CDi games- I don't think he'll have them. I emailed about them some time ago and he indicated they were no longer in stock. You might get lucky, though- just await a response:)

There's no "they" to it- just the same one man who's been running it all for around 20 years. Since you mention those CDi games- I don't think he'll have them. I emailed about them some time ago and he indicated they were no longer in stock. You might get lucky, though- just await a response:)

Yeah no I'm not into CD-i, I stumbled upon the site and it lists 3DO games I'm interested in. I wrote them that I am patient, so if they have something I want at I price I like, I'm buying no questions asked.

• 1 year later...

Anybody know it Mike's still in the biz? Just shot him an email wondering if his inventory and prices are up to date, considering the copyright date at the bottom is listed 2001. But sounds like as of a couple years ago, he was still reasonably active, so I hope so - if even customer service experience has been mixed for the last five or so years...

Update: Collector's Cards and Games is, indeed, still around today in October 2019. Mike responded to me their website is out of date as to prices and inventory but most common games are priced similarly to the posted prices; harder to find games may be higher. The best thing to do instead of purchasing through their site is to email him to check inventory and pricing and he'll get back to you. I shot an email to info@collectorscardsandgames.com. It would appear that that address is forwarded to collectorscardsandgames@gmail.com, as that is the address from which he responded to me. Hope this is helpful!

And when you send him a list of all the common and slightly uncommon games to purchase, you MAY get a response and it may say that he has just too many games to dig through to find just these common carts that you want.

At least that's the treatment I got, after having at least 2 successful transactions with him.  He made me feel like an asshole for wanting to buy (more) games from him, so he lost me as a customer forever.  Good luck, but I highly suggest you look elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Just to circle back on this, I was able to have a successful business transaction with Mike. I purchased three TI-99/4A manuals that I needed: Buck Rogers, Centipede and Jungle Hunt. He charged $15 shipped for the three, which seemed reasonable enough to me. He needed more time to go through several boxes to see if he had any of the TI games on my wish list, so I told him to simply go ahead and send the manuals my way and if and when he gets around to combing through his boxes of games, he could let me know. It took about a month for him to determine which manuals he had, but he shipped quickly, was cordial throughout via email, and I was ultimately happy with the transaction. If you're not in a hurry, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Collector's Cards and Games.

P.S. He told me during our conversations that he is the biggest vendor at the annual TooManyGames convention outside of Philly in Oaks, PA, for what that's worth!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

March 2020 update:

I just had yet another successful purchase from Mike. As before, I simply emailed him to ask if he still had the title I was interested in, and when he got back it was a simple matter of sending the PayPal payment and awaiting delivery. The email chain I have with him goes back many years and is one of my oldest.

There's nothing essential about buying videogames, so if instant shipping and communication are essential then just buy off Amazon or Ebay. If you're not spoiled by Amazon and have some patience, Mike is a fine man to buy from. CC and G is one of the very few online sites from back in the day that's still around, and I look forward to many more purchases in the years to come. There's nothing wrong with doing things the old-fashioned way.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

October 2020 update:

Had another successful buying experience with Collector's Cards and Games. I needed some Intellivision games, particularly some Sears "Super Video Arcade"-branded Intellivision games that I was having trouble finding elsewhere, and Mike was able to come through, and at good prices to boot. Within one week of sending him my wishlist, he let me know which titles he had, general condition of them, and what the prices would be. Once I issued payment that evening, he had tracking over to me and had the package out in the next day's mail. Don't hesitate to purchase from Mike/Collector's Cards and Games!

I've ordered many of my cables from them due to the fact that they are excellent quality. My S-Video Jaguar cable came from them and most recently a really nice high quality Neo-Geo controller extension cable. I have purchased from them both on Amazon and on Ebay...never an issue.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eightbit said:

I've ordered many of my cables from them due to the fact that they are excellent quality. My S-Video Jaguar cable came from them and most recently a really nice high quality Neo-Geo controller extension cable. I have purchased from them both on Amazon and on Ebay...never an issue.

Good stuff. That's right, I had forgotten they have Amazon and eBay storefronts, too. They have wayyyy more inventory than they list on Amazon/eBay, so definitely inquire if there's an item you're looking for that you don't see on there. Their website is outdated price-wise but still gives you an idea as to what they've got (emailing is best to confirm pricing and inventory).

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

September 2021 Update:

Mike remains a great guy to buy from!:)

I just received the latest of several recent packages from him and as before I hope to have many more purchases from him. I sent him an email about his stock for a particular system, and he went out of his way to check and take several clear pictures of his entire inventory for that particular platform. There were indeed a few titles and variants that I needed, and the prices he quoted me were very fair, as was the shipping. Everything arrived safely, and was well packed. It's great to still be able to buy from one of the last remaining independent game dealers. If you aren't spoiled by Amazon and eBay, you can get a great deal from one of the most experienced game sellers out there. 

• Like 1

Wow, good to hear. I bought from him numerous times back in the day, but over the past 3 or 4 years, I tried a couple of times, and he just seemed to have too much going on or something. Basically ghosted me after an email saying he would get back to me. I haven't tried him in at least 2 years though, so maybe I'll give him another shot. I had plenty of good deals with him in the 2010-2016 or so era. 

• Like 1