IGNORED

DK Arcade 2600. New 4-Level Demo!

iesposta

Um, I don't know what I did, but somehow I think the ROM glitched it up. After I died, I swiped my finger across the numbers at the top of the keyboard starting with 1. ....

The backspace key on that row in Stella will, "Emulate 'frying' effect" which is what appears to have happened.

I want a custom double ender with both DK versions! Can a anyone build me a double ender with 32k ROMs? Assuming both games get finished, I'd be willing to pay top dollar for a one-off of both games! :D

Our DK Arcade 2600 requires a Harmony or a Melody circuit board. The other one can be put on a 32K board with a Superchip RAM, or a Harmony or Melody because Harmony & Melody run Superchip games.

So a double ender can be made.

If you get one made I require pictures!

Yep, was on 1.04, now 1.05 and it works. Thanks! Man this game is hard.

I'm glad you can now enjoy it :D

Is it hard in a good way (challenging), or a bad way (frustrating)?

Should it build to the difficulty it is now, or should higher levels be even harder?

(I like screaming at the game when I am 1 scan line away from the top of Level 2 or Level 3 and I get killed!)

It's a bit too frustrating I'd say. I'm no Billy Mitchell, but it's a lot more difficult than even the arcade. The barrels are a bit too aggressive, although I can trick those. The pie level is impossible. The pies are very fast. I always like the difficult progression from the Coleco DK 2600, albeit with only 2 levels. Just my 2 cents, but I would prefer progression, as I can barely get past level 2.

It's a bit too frustrating I'd say. I'm no Billy Mitchell, but it's a lot more difficult than even the arcade. The barrels are a bit too aggressive, although I can trick those. The pie level is impossible. The pies are very fast. I always like the difficult progression from the Coleco DK 2600, albeit with only 2 levels. Just my 2 cents, but I would prefer progression, as I can barely get past level 2.

We'll adjust the difficulty in the final release. For now, do as in the video and go up the ladder to the right of where Mario starts, and wait for the 2nd pie to pass. Then get on the conveyor belt and move over to the right side - you'll usually only have to outsmart one fireball then.

• 1 month later...

May go with this boot screen. Still batari Basic...
Non-animated screen, but this screen plays that tune of Kong climbing.
(The bytes disappear quite fast! However I just discovered another optimize technique to free more bytes.)

Discuss, please!

med_gallery_29575_885_10042.png

• Like 2

remembers the days when people mocked my donkey kong mockups. Now, awesome Atari 2600 Donkey Kong is everywhere! Amazing work guys!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/51052-seen-my-ol-donkey-kong-major-havoc-2600-mockups/

one of the later threads :) There were others

The mockers were correct. It's not possible. We are dead and living a pre-Heaven world of our own creation. These Donkey Kong games wouldn't really work on a real Atari 2600 back on earth. We're just imagining that they do. You'll understand after we all go into the light.

• Like 2